Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

Understand ABNS I think David was being facetious albeit the sentiment is right the role of CEO to spruik the club.However he as CEO needs to also take some responsibility for the performance of the team on the field the fact that board turnover hasn’t been what it needs to be and we continue to be largely irrelevant on the footy landscape .
He has now been there a few years and yes has done well in terms of membership will not be judged on that alone.
If we continue to be underperforming the CEO can spin it all he likes but ultimately he and the board are the ones who have levers to ultimately improve performance .

The smoke machine can only go so far and these people need to be accountable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes after this weeks round 10 th or 11 th cooking mediocrity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Woo hoo , we will put a fight this week , because we are
Coping shit from the media and all members

Means nothing

Season is spent as long as he persists with has been Murphy and unfortunately Eddie betts , we are carrying 2 now

Cripps needs to apply the fyfe rule and not be the central
Piece of the midfield

Zak willaims needs to get
Out of the middle , he should only pinch hit , his not a 100 percent midfielder

Sps to move forward or get dropped

Now none of this will happen of course , and Murphy , Betts to line up again

Dow and Williamson to be dropped ,
Easier to
Drop young players than to persist with them

Murphy non leadership and non contribution is so important to our struture and we can always develop players next year

Cause cain Liddle needs to make money on Betts last farewell game and Murphy 300th , it’s in the financial budget

So get used to it

Good luck to all the supporters who keep going to games for the rest
Of the year ,
You have guts

They broke me on Saturday night and when I got home
From the game my 18 year old son said to
Me , I don’t even feel we even went watched a game
Of footy!! That said it all !!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:31 am 
Bruce Doull

Jarrod Berry likely out for them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
Just a quick question.....can you smell what the Blues are cooking?

I think we can all smell what the blues are....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Understand ABNS I think David was being facetious albeit the sentiment is right the role of CEO to spruik the club.However he as CEO needs to also take some responsibility for the performance of the team on the field the fact that board turnover hasn’t been what it needs to be and we continue to be largely irrelevant on the footy landscape .
He has now been there a few years and yes has done well in terms of membership will not be judged on that alone.
If we continue to be underperforming the CEO can spin it all he likes but ultimately he and the board are the ones who have levers to ultimately improve performance .

The smoke machine can only go so far and these people need to be accountable

I haven't read what abns posted yet.

I just can't see how the onfield performance is the responsibility of the CEO...and nor would I want it too.

I don't want the CEO getting involved in the Football Dept other than managing the Borad to look after the finances for The football department, and that The Football adheres with the club's constitution and Directives of the Football Director, who takes the decisions made by the Board to the Football Manager.

Blurring the lines there imo.

We want the CEO to spruik the club.

Ive been involved at Board level (Corporate) and believe me, there's alot of spruiking done when the company is not doing well and when it is doing well for good reason.

Have a think for a minute what happens if the CEO doesn't spruik the club.

Have a read what the media are spruiking. A LOT OF LIES. They are not presenting all the facts. Its 5 rounds in and we've lost to last year's Ladder leader, Last year's Premiers and last year's finalist and its only round 5 and the season is over for us. Is that the gloom you want our club bathed in? I don't. I say fight back FFS and make the Football Dept accountable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Nobody wants an improved performance more than I do Frank, but to criticise the CEO for trying to rally the supporters is ridiculous IMO. Honestly, what was he meant to do? Tell people not to go to the game?

OK.

Completely agree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:39 am 
formerly King Kenny

Game will be won at the first bounce.

Tag Neale or we lose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 am 
Bruce Doull

grrofunger wrote:
Why am I flying to Melbourne for this?

I'm driving down as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:33 am 
Bruce Doull

From the reports from the 2s, sounds like Cunningham & Stocker are first in line to come in. Owies & Ramsay second

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stocker, Cuningham and Owies in.
Williamson, Eddie out and see how Saad and Docherty pull up. Saad was very sore and started the third and 4th quarters on the bench. He didn't come on until 12 minutes into the last quarter so he's obviously struggling. Docherty hurt his shoulder early and was struggling to lift his arm above shoulder height. Credit to him for playing the game out.
If they're both OK, I'd move Kennedy to sub. He kicked it like shit on Saturday but he's usually a good user so I'd like to give him another chance. I'm hesitant to drop Eddie as he is the one forward who plays a selfless game and he uses the ball well but he's just not getting to enough contests.

I'd rotate Stocker and Williams off the back flank to midfield. McGovern to the backline if Parks doesn't come up and SPS forward/mid. Cuningham on the wing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Why am I flying to Melbourne for this?

I'm driving down as well.

Yeah I'm coming down with my young bloke for his first game in Melbourne

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

I look forward to seeing Stocker come in and play Forward pocket, Owies will probably play as a lock down defender on Cameron and Cunningham will be utilised as the Sub.
Murphy will just walk around our forward line and do whatever he feels like and SPS to setup the play with his 12.5 meters gained in kicks.
So excited I can't wait till Saturday for the next instalment of our very own Benny Hill show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

deano35 wrote:
I look forward to seeing Stocker come in and play Forward pocket, Owies will probably play as a lock down defender on Cameron and Cunningham will be utilised as the Sub.
Murphy will just walk around our forward line and do whatever he feels like and SPS to setup the play with his 12.5 meters gained in kicks.
So excited I can't wait till Saturday for the next instalment of our very own Benny Hill show

I actually think we're going to have a fair dinkum crack. But only because of all the heat that's come after Saturday night. It is ever thus at Carlton.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Is Parks injured or not?

If not, and he's available this week:

Parks >>> Williamson
Stocker >> Kennedy
Cuningham >> Murphy

Murphy >>>Dow 23rd man ... he gets his games to make 300 if CFC is desperate for a feel good story

The injury list is ridiculous.

If Parks is still injured then Stocker takes Williamsons spot and Cuningham Murphy's spot

SPS, Newnes, Gibbons lucky to survive on yesterday's showing.

SPS out of the backline.

Parks with a slight hammy during Thursday’s training. Can’t see him being ready this week.
Are you playing Stocker at half back, Bondi?
If you drop Williamson and move SPS out of the backline, what’s your back 6 look like?
Plow Weiters Doc
Saad Jones ??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
deano35 wrote:

I actually think we're going to have a fair dinkum crack. But only because of all the heat that's come after Saturday night. It is ever thus at Carlton.

It is going to be interesting to see how we play this week.
The effort on Saturday night was not good enough and deservedly so we have copped flak from the media.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:29 pm 
Bert Deacon

i reckon we will respond this week and stun everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

deano35 wrote:

:lol:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

jamespul65 wrote:
i reckon we will respond this week and stun everyone.

I'm not all doom & gloom about this game either...Port are superior to Brisbane IMO.

& Hipwood & Daniher are very hot & cold

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

cecil89 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Is Parks injured or not?

If not, and he's available this week:

Parks >>> Williamson
Stocker >> Kennedy
Cuningham >> Murphy

Murphy >>>Dow 23rd man ... he gets his games to make 300 if CFC is desperate for a feel good story

The injury list is ridiculous.

If Parks is still injured then Stocker takes Williamsons spot and Cuningham Murphy's spot

SPS, Newnes, Gibbons lucky to survive on yesterday's showing.

SPS out of the backline.

Parks with a slight hammy during Thursday’s training. Can’t see him being ready this week.
Are you playing Stocker at half back, Bondi?
If you drop Williamson and move SPS out of the backline, what’s your back 6 look like?
Plow Weiters Doc
Saad Jones ??

I didn't hear about the hammy till this morning. Slight isn't good either.
Just no Williamson please, and I'm not so convinced in Kennedy on a fast track against a very fast team: suicide.

I like BV's idea of rotating Williams and Stocker between HBF and midfield.
I believe Williams has shown more in the midfield than some suggest. Plus good for both to keep a feel for both roles till the cavalry arrives.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next