Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i reckon we will respond this week and stun everyone.

I'm not all doom & gloom about this game either...Port are superior to Brisbane IMO.

& Hipwood & Daniher are very hot & cold

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Now that I think about it, Carlton by 197 points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Stocker, Cuningham and Owies in.
Williamson, Eddie out and see how Saad and Docherty pull up. Saad was very sore and started the third and 4th quarters on the bench. He didn't come on until 12 minutes into the last quarter so he's obviously struggling. Docherty hurt his shoulder early and was struggling to lift his arm above shoulder height. Credit to him for playing the game out.
If they're both OK, I'd move Kennedy to sub. He kicked it like shit on Saturday but he's usually a good user so I'd like to give him another chance. I'm hesitant to drop Eddie as he is the one forward who plays a selfless game and he uses the ball well but he's just not getting to enough contests.

I'd rotate Stocker and Williams off the back flank to midfield. McGovern to the backline if Parks doesn't come up and SPS forward/mid. Cuningham on the wing.

Some good suggestions there BV.

Do you think Murphy is doing enough to hold his place in the team?

That’s not a loaded question, I have mixed views on the subject but on balance I would leave him in the side (for now). I know I’m in the minority.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

deano35 wrote:
I look forward to seeing Stocker come in and play Forward pocket, Owies will probably play as a lock down defender on Cameron and Cunningham will be utilised as the Sub.
Murphy will just walk around our forward line and do whatever he feels like and SPS to setup the play with his 12.5 meters gained in kicks.
So excited I can't wait till Saturday for the next instalment of our very own Benny Hill show

I feel your pain Deano, initially I laughed but then reality hit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Current way of playing doesn't suit MCG.
We will be better at Marvel as you don't get opened up through the middle as much at Marvel.

Mind you the way we kicked the ball it wouldn't matter

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:

That’s not a loaded question, I have mixed views on the subject but on balance I would leave him in the side (for now). I know I’m in the minority.

I agree ABNS. Murphy is the polarising conundrum for most supporters. Some are ambivalent whilst others are absolute in their opposition.
Personally, I think he holds his spot at the moment because no one else is demanding that spot. For all his deficiencies, he is our best inside 50 kick and we're very short on that currently. I also believe he is offering more than Gibbons at the moment. Gibbo works harder but his disposal has been poor this year IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I agree ABNS. Murphy is the polarising conundrum for most supporters. Some are ambivalent whilst others are absolute in their opposition.
Personally, I think he holds his spot at the moment because no one else is demanding that spot. For all his deficiencies, he is our best inside 50 kick and we're very short on that currently. I also believe he is offering more than Gibbons at the moment. Gibbo works harder but his disposal has been poor this year IMHO.

Matthew Owies should be getting games in front of Murphy and/ or Betts.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Finally. To both of you. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Murphy isnt going to be dropped even if he only had 6 effective disposals in 4 quarters.
Geez that says it all doesn't it! ... effective kick? My arse. Liability. Yep.
Gibbo was great in the first, then after that as bad as Murph.

But the cupboard is bare.

There were 4 goals kicked against us directly attributed to Williamson vs Collingwood, some say 6 goals. Depends who you want to blame Plowman or Williamson for those other 2.
Willo allowed another 3 goals just unfold around him. At one stage he was swatting a ball instead of grabbing it. He didnt want it vear him...ended up a goal.
Willo isn't thinking, and isn't up to it, yet they got him back when they knew his confidence was shot. I think its more than that. Nevertheless, the MC selected him.

Kennedy got delisted and rerookied.
First quarter Kennedy was directly responsible for 2 goals, and he allowed a couple of other breaks to end up goals. He cost us goals because he couldn't defend nor chase.
His kicking was second rate. Kennedy is toooooo slow for AFL, and doesn't fit the Teague game plan.

Now how about replacing them with quicker players for starters: Stocker and Cuningham. We are better already.

Owies isn't bad. I prefer Owies to Murphy for forward pressure, but not Betts....yet. Betts was involved with at least 4 of our goals.

Our forwardline has Curnow, Silvagni, martin, Fisher missing, hence no forward pressure. None. Will Samo make a difference to our forward pressure? Probably not because he is an unaccountable midfielder.

Its a fast track at the Dome. Just need Cripps to lead and be the thread of cohesion for those around him and get a fast team in.

Gosh I hope, no, I beg Saad is right to run, because he was on one leg.

Injuries killed Brittain and Ratten and they are about to do the same thing to Teague if he doesn't get a fast hungry team in this week.

Somebody should tap him on the shoulder and tell him he's losing his fans by the truckload because he is not making the right choices and believing the dead will rise because he believes in ghosts.

Season isn't over, but it is for some and their papers are stamped already after 5 rounds. We only lost by 28 points to the team who ended on top of the ladder last year and 24 points against last year's premiers wnd they had a full list to pick from whilst we had 10 on the injured list.

I haven't given up on the team in 2021. There's 17 more games. The injured will come back and there will be a fight back. I've just given up on those who are not at the required level.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Current way of playing doesn't suit MCG.
We will be better at Marvel as you don't get opened up through the middle as much at Marvel.

Mind you the way we kicked the ball it wouldn't matter

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I hope so, and agree.

we need a quicker team than the one we put out last round.

Just get rid of those who were not efficient with their kicking with whatever we've got left

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Kennedy was played on a wing @bondiblue. How f@$ing smart is that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Kennedy was played on a wing @bondiblue. How f@$ing smart is that?

Mate I saw that and vomitted.

WTF is going on with that selection committee.

What hope is that?

Get Half fit Honey in there if they haver to.

You have to be able to run in this game let alone the wing.

You can't blame injury for that move.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Thanks for responding BV. Murphy has become like a pantomime villain around here. I’m pretty sure some posters think he caused COVID.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Murphy should be in the midfield

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Out Williamson (omitted) Murphy (retired)
In Stocker
That's only one in Einstein

Out - Williamson (omitted), Murphy (retired)

In - Stocker, mc²

Wouldn’t need changes if we had mc2

I'd take mchammer over Murph
Thanks dog, very kind of y... Oh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am 
Garry Crane

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
In: Stocker, Cuningham, Owies
Out: Murphy, SPS, Williamson

agree with this - but it wont happen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:20 am 
Rod Ashman

Why did Sydney beat Brisbane in the first round?
hopefully someone watches the vision to learn from that match.

Mills 29 possessions - 2 goals
Parker 23 possessions - 2 goals.

Mids who hurt on the offensive side. How does Carlton manufacture that? It can't just be Walsh and Cripps every week. What other mids can hurt offensively?

What is Carlton's point of difference? Its strength?
It should be its forward line - Casboult and McKay are great marking targets. Isolate the marking targets. Where do they kick most of their goals - 30 metres out or 45? delivery to those spots have to be the focus. Both can kick behinds if in distances they aren't comfortable with. McKay seems better with accuracy outside 30.

Delivery to them has to improve. Two - possibly 3 GREAT marks when Curnow comes back. How many teams have 3 (potentially) good tall forwards?

I would like to see a statement made for the rest of the team with either
1- Murphy or another big name being dropped- it sends a message
2- Petrevski-Seton being either moved to mid or forward.

but like everything I guess it depends on injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Personally, I think he holds his spot at the moment because no one

else is demanding that spot. For all his deficiencies, he is our best inside 50 kick and we're very short on that currently. I also believe he is offering more than Gibbons at the moment. Gibbo works harder but his disposal has been poor this year IMHO.

Thanks for responding BV. Murphy has become like a pantomime villain around here. I’m pretty sure some posters think he caused COVID.

Just stating the facts Abns

12 possessions 43% efficiency.

Putting him in the midfield won't change anything. He was there for first couple rounds. The MC moved him for obvious reasons to all. He wouldn't lay a tackle. Excuse from his excusors is his shoulders are shot from the sacrifices he has made for the club. Imo that makes him a hasbeen.

I strongly believe he will start to tackle after he gets to 300 games. He is imo blatantly in self preservation mode to get to the milestone.

I'm not against that, but I'm not going to avoid mentioning what I am seeing, and you and BV.

The cupboard is bare. Don't paint him as a hero in 2021 and the inventor of the coved vaccine :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:
Why did Sydney beat Brisbane in the first round?
hopefully someone watches the vision to learn from that match.

Mills 29 possessions - 2 goals
Parker 23 possessions - 2 goals.

Mids who hurt on the offensive side. How does Carlton manufacture that? It can't just be Walsh and Cripps every week. What other mids can hurt offensively?

What is Carlton's point of difference? Its strength?
It should be its forward line - Casboult and McKay are great marking targets. Isolate the marking targets. Where do they kick most of their goals - 30 metres out or 45? delivery to those spots have to be the focus. Both can kick behinds if in distances they aren't comfortable with. McKay seems better with accuracy outside 30.

Delivery to them has to improve. Two - possibly 3 GREAT marks when Curnow comes back. How many teams have 3 (potentially) good tall forwards?

I would like to see a statement made for the rest of the team with either
1- Murphy or another big name being dropped- it sends a message
2- Petrevski-Seton being either moved to mid or forward.

but like everything I guess it depends on injuries.
or dropped?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

is harry a great mark?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next