Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Only one is accountable, no guts no glory.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:37 pm 
Bob Chitty

DesEnglish wrote:
Crippa wrote:
jim wrote:
More scoring shots, 10 more forward 50 entries, lost by 28 points.

If only they wanted it badly enough. That's the most frustrating.

“Wanting it” doesn’t make you kick straight. Only skill does and we don’t have it. If “wanting it” made the difference then we would have a chance and we could turn this around. But when you don’t have the skills then there is no hope. The most obvious example is Cripps. He wants it badly. He just doesn’t have any fundamental kicking skills so he wastes the shot on goal in the first when momentum was ours and the ball bounces up the other end for a goal and momentum shifts with it. Rinse and repeat all night.

Respectfully disagree.

Wanting it gets you to better positions, makes you run harder. Wanting it has you spending the extra time to fix your deficiencies, it puts the opposition under pressure through manic pressure.

Carlton play for money, they don’t give a shit

In the context of the opening comment above about already leading inside 50’s and scoring shots your opinion although correct is not the point and I’d be surprised if people think the people missing the goals tonight (Cripps, Williams, Newnes, etc) don’t want it, need to run harder, etc.

Having more shots and missing is not mental. It’s not wanting it. It’s a lack of skill.

Last edited by Crippa on Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Crippa wrote:
jim wrote:

“Wanting it” doesn’t make you kick straight. Only skill does and we don’t have it. If “wanting it” made the difference then we would have a chance and we could turn this around. But when you don’t have the skills then there is no hope. The most obvious example is Cripps. He wants it badly. He just doesn’t have any fundamental kicking skills so he wastes the shot on goal in the first when momentum was ours and the ball bounces up the other end for a goal and momentum shifts with it. Rinse and repeat all night.

Respectfully disagree.

Wanting it gets you to better positions, makes you run harder. Wanting it has you spending the extra time to fix your deficiencies, it puts the opposition under pressure through manic pressure.

In the context of the opening comment above about already leading inside 50’s and scoring shots your point although correct is not the opinion and I’d be surprised if people think the people missing the goals tonight (Cripps, Williams, Newnes, etc) don’t want it, need to run harder, etc.

Having more shots and missing is not mental. It’s not wanting it. It’s a lack of skill.
You are always more skilful when you are confident

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Just glad a true club champion is going to get carried to 300.

Would Eddie really be happy to get to 300 when his team mates are playing horrible footy and he had had limited impact in a season which must result in finals footy but is nowhere near looking even close?

Nope. I reckon he'd be selfless enough to retire

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Reality check.

If you watched Port last week v Richmond, even an injury depleted side of that calibre this week against us is a measuring stick.

I don’t wanna say gulf at this stage, but...

Are we that yet? No.
Could we be? Yes.
Will we be? Hard to say; I really, really hope so.

Lots of work to do this week. Lions will destroy us riding high for another reality check next week otherwise.

Last edited by Scotty12000 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:44 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Crippa wrote:
jim wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

In the context of the opening comment above about already leading inside 50’s and scoring shots your point although correct is not the opinion and I’d be surprised if people think the people missing the goals tonight (Cripps, Williams, Newnes, etc) don’t want it, need to run harder, etc.

You are always more skilful when you are confident

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Haha you guys keep changing your point. Wanting it is different to confidence. But i still get what you are saying and you could be correct. Hard to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:46 pm 
Horrie Clover

not sure what Teague actually stands for. we continue year after year of diabolical skill errors, we aren't hard contested ball beasts; we don't hustle defensively or hunt to tackle; we don't hurt teams when we have the opportunity; we don't run hard both ways; we don't play with flair; we never take games on until its effectively over; we pick the same old same old players every week when you know what you're going to get.

at best we're mid-table and yet we still don't risk picking a few newbies (Parks aside) and let them go. If we had Butters, Rozee and Dursmaa they'd still be propping up the twos.
Walsh is the only kid that's come through.
I could handle losing a few if I knew what we were trying to actually do. @#$%&! frustrating and Teague needs to park the bullshit and make some statements verbally or at the selection table.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:

This says so much about us

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Wild Blue wrote:
not sure what Teague actually stands for. we continue year after year of diabolical skill errors, we aren't hard contested ball beasts; we don't hustle defensively or hunt to tackle; we don't hurt teams when we have the opportunity; we don't run hard both ways; we don't play with flair; we never take games on until its effectively over; we pick the same old same old players every week when you know what you're going to get.

at best we're mid-table and yet we still don't risk picking a few newbies (Parks aside) and let them go. If we had Butters, Rozee and Dursmaa they'd still be propping up the twos.
Walsh is the only kid that's come through.
I could handle losing a few if I knew what we were trying to actually do. @#$%&! frustrating and Teague needs to park the bullshit and make some statements verbally or at the selection table.

If we finish bottom 4, which is a possibility if we don’t get players back from injury, what do you do?

Do you clean out the coaches, or players or both.

There’s a few people with a lot to play for

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

Pretenders
We were outworked offensively and defensively by a side who played hungry
A few late goals made it look a lot more respectable than it was
Port waltzed out of half back and stoppages and always had free men. We slowly edged the ball up the ground and never really looked likely. All our goals were scrounged but that’s not going to cut it against a good side. Didn’t see any slick ball movement
Goal kicking poor
Outcouched as well. At one point we had McGovern behind the ball with Weiters and Jones. H off and Cas in the ruck. Kicking it forward to no one
Disappointing night. Not many positives. Saad, Walsh and Weiters had a go. Levi was better than he has been this year. Not much else to like

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Heavs wrote:

This says so much about us

I mean, it's been established pretty early on that is what 2021 is going to be about. The worst bit is going to be when the refuse to ownit, drop the cat at 298 games then sneak him to 300 as a medical sub.

I bet he would run through the banner too.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

My God I wish we could kick straight.

There is not a single player I trust with a set shot.

Last edited by missnaut on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Would Eddie really be happy to get to 300 when his team mates are playing horrible footy and he had had limited impact in a season which must result in finals footy but is nowhere near looking even close?

Maybe. We shall see. It's not all Eddies fault. It's the culmination of a number of incompetent components of the team, the coach and coaching group and the list management and likely a number of other things. I reckon Eddie is conflicted. He hates seeing what's happening but he can't really do much to change it. He would have a very sour feeling being carried to such a mile stone with the knowledge this is his last year of footy and he won't be playing finals footy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 pm 
Bruce Comben

No Passion.
Passionate players play on the edge and occasionally get reported.
I can’t remember the last time a Carlton player got reported for any type of aggressive behaviour.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Maybe. We shall see. It's not all Eddies fault. It's the culmination of a number of incompetent components of the team, the coach and coaching group and the list management and likely a number of other things. I reckon Eddie is conflicted. He hates seeing what's happening but he can't really do much to change it. He would have a very sour feeling being carried to such a mile stone with the knowledge this is his last year of footy and he won't be playing finals footy.

Lol people think I'm talking about eddie.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Give Port their due .... Well drilled and beat Tigers last week. No premiership but did finish top last year.

We had a shocker ..... Just wondering whether that game last week against GC took a lot out of them (and GC in their game vs Dogs). It was played in the dry in wet weather muggy conditions. Both teams looked exhausted last week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

BlueGuru wrote:
No Passion.
Passionate players play on the edge and occasionally get reported.
I can’t remember the last time a Carlton player got reported for any type of aggressive behaviour.

Williams, in the preseason before he was officially a Carlton player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

aboynamedsue wrote:
Port too good. Killed us in uncontested possessions. A 5 goal margin was about right in the end.

We are still a long way off the better sides, but I didn’t think it was all doom and gloom.

What I will say is that I hope Newman & Parks are back soon because Willo & SPS are not defenders. It’s wing or bust for Willo and SPS must play mid/forward. The rest of our defence was OK, but those 2 were obvious weak links back there, IMO.

Better showing by Casboult. Still not at his best, but we may not see his best again.
Stop being rational! We lost badly against a top 4 team, it's outrageous!

Having said that, our execution let us down as did having no forward line system.

But SacKTheCoaCH

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

kingkerna wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Port too good. Killed us in uncontested possessions. A 5 goal margin was about right in the end.

We are still a long way off the better sides, but I didn’t think it was all doom and gloom.

What I will say is that I hope Newman & Parks are back soon because Willo & SPS are not defenders. It’s wing or bust for Willo and SPS must play mid/forward. The rest of our defence was OK, but those 2 were obvious weak links back there, IMO.

Better showing by Casboult. Still not at his best, but we may not see his best again.
Stop being rational! We lost badly against a top 4 team, it's outrageous!

Having said that, our execution let us down as did having no forward line system.

But SacKTheCoaCH

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You’re right, we should accept being shit, God knows the players do

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:
My God I wish we could kick straight.

There is not a single player I trust with a set shot.

So true.
We were saying recently that it would be really hard to pick one of our players who you would trust to kick a goal after the siren to win the game.
I can't think of one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next