Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Stranger wrote:
Season is over

That’s kind of a big call. We’re 2-3 after five rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 pm 
Banned

aboynamedsue wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Season is over

Probably our best start in six years.

We've played two top four teams in five weeks. The only bad loss we had so far was against Collingwood. Port were just too good and need to beat the teams ranked fifth and lower.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Season is over

Set fire to the place then salt the earth.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

azzablue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon***** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

If we could get 2 Top 10 picks for both and shop those picks for top class draftees and honest players, we are ahead.

Harry is a statue when the ball hits the ground. No fail.

Crippa is the most selfish captain in the AFL. Doesn't care to bring players into the game, let alone give off the ball to players in a better position.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Surely you are taking the piss , the way we bring the ball inside 50 is beyond. A joke and buddy Franklin wouldn’t have a chance !!

Are you saying now McKay should rove his own crumbs ?? Does that mean we don’t need gibbons , betts or Fogarty

Don't carried away with the 57 inside 50's, most of them were long bombs giving our talls very little hope, I'd rather have 30 quality inside 50's giving our forwards the best chance to mark the ball or at least a 50/50 one on one contest.

We have no idea, kept kicking the ball favoring the Port defenders who often had 2 against Harry, why not look for another option? make the Port defenders accountable.

Ok H had a shocker but the real damage was done further up the field.

Port are well drilled, their backs are very solid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue4ever wrote:
Don't carried away with the 57 inside 50's, most of them were long bombs giving our talls very little hope, I'd rather have 30 quality inside 50's giving our forwards the best chance to mark the ball or at least a 50/50 one on one contest.

We have no idea, kept kicking the ball favoring the Port defenders who often had 2 against Harry, why not look for another option? make the Port defenders accountable.

You are spot on and that is my point. Harry is decent value when he's being laced out on the lead. And even then he's not a reasonable chance to convert. When he has to work hard for his kicks, he's found wanting. Not from a lack of talent but a lack of commitment.

Even if the ball is kicked into the air to no ones advantage, I expect our players to win 50% of their contests.
yes we had 57 inside 50's and many of them were shit entries but he won 4 possessions from those entries. Yet his opponent had no trouble winning contests. In our last 4 games, his opponents has twice been in the best 5 players on the ground. Twice. That's not a coincidence.
If he's only going to get a kick from lace out service, it's going to limit his potential and our future prospects significantly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

You are spot on and that is my point. Harry is decent value when he's being laced out on the lead. And even then he's not a reasonable chance to convert. When he has to work hard for his kicks, he's found wanting. Not from a lack of talent but a lack of commitment.

Even if the ball is kicked into the air to no ones advantage, I expect our players to win 50% of their contests.
yes we had 57 inside 50's and many of them were shit entries but he won 4 possessions from those entries. Yet his opponent had no trouble winning contests. In our last 4 games, his opponents has twice been in the best 5 players on the ground. Twice. That's not a coincidence.
If he's only going to get a kick from lace out service, it's going to limit his potential and our future prospects significantly.
Ok we get it you don't like Harry .
Who would you have in his place.
All the stuff you have been saying about Harry Levi has been doing for 10 plus years and you support him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:15 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I heard Jonathon Brown speaking during the week and he was relating how Matthews used to reinforce with the forwards the need to kick
straight especially early in games as it was so important for team momentum. And he apparently used to really rip into them if they missed
easy shots on goal. I doubt if that is happening at Carlton.

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

At least we won the forward 50 count, I think.
Pittonet, Walsh, Weitering, Casboult, Docherty and Saad.
Cottrell after a slow start.

Cons:

Outpressured, outclassed. Never looked like we were a chance. Need more leg speed.
Butchered the ball all night. Kicking was poor, handballing even worse.
Any chance Cripps can get back to being an inside distributor, rather than the deliverer? Problem is with both the captain and his teammates.
Far too many players simply not finding a way to contribute. Can't see Kennedy or Williamson getting another game anytime soon.
Opposition accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 pm 
Robert Walls

azzablue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon***** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

If we could get 2 Top 10 picks for both and shop those picks for top class draftees and honest players, we are ahead.

Harry is a statue when the ball hits the ground. No fail.

Crippa is the most selfish captain in the AFL. Doesn't care to bring players into the game, let alone give off the ball to players in a better position.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Surely you are taking the piss , the way we bring the ball inside 50 is beyond. A joke and buddy Franklin wouldn’t have a chance !!

Are you saying now McKay should rove his own crumbs ?? Does that mean we don’t need gibbons , betts or Fogarty

My highlighted bit was about Cripps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:46 pm 
Banned

Cripps is one of the best players the club has seen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Burn the place down

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

Fair call, the other issue that was disappointing last night was the amount of players trying to mark the ball from behind when the opposition were in a better position to mark the ball, under age stuff, punch from behind and at least halve the contest.

It was evident early that Port were going to have 2 against H and block his run. H should have been instructed to lead away from the ball and have another player make the lead. We are so predictable. Move him the the HFF line and play wide opening up the forward line for McGovern or Casboult to lead.

SPS kicking of one step and turning the ball over - not for the first time, lazy and lack of concentration. I know we are limited with small/medium options down back but get SPS out of the defence.

Weitering is all class, the way he reads the ball, positions himself in the contest and basically the way he goes about it. Deserves success, hopefully he gets it with us.

Walsh - love watching his efforts and gut running, similar to Weitering we would be stuffed without them.

Cripps is becoming hard to watch, every week the opposition with assign a player to play close and then spread when they have the ball, he can not keep up. When he does get a shot on goal we all know what happens.

Fogarty is lively and shows promise.

Docherty still does some good things but making errors we have rarely seen before, he looked pretty down last nigh after a few costly mistakes - looked tired and defeated.

Port are a very good side and the game really reflected where both sides are at.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:20 pm 
Garry Crane

so true fantastic description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrpfNfTuprE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

sandramcd67 wrote:

:clap: :clap:

Russell @#$%&! Brand Lite the pom gets it.

Club is [REDACTED] from top to bottom.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Just glad a true club champion is going to get carried to 300.

And off the field no doubt.

Will Gibbsy carry him off?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Cripps is one of the best players the club has seen.

You are jesting?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 am 
Ken Hunter

sandramcd67 wrote:

when will the club ask itself these questions?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:17 am 
Ken Hunter

This guy has hit the nail on the head in every point. He can see it, we can see it but our club and coaches can't??????

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 am 
Bruce Doull

Cliff notes for someone who doesn't want to watch 20 mins of Youtube.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 am 
Bruce Doull

sandramcd67 wrote:

I agree with him except where he dismissed injuries as a factor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next