Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:38 am 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Midfield options going forward:

Kemp - injured
Carroll - Injured
Williams - Injured
Martin - Injured - I actually prefer him wing/midfield to HF but the club prefers it the other way
Philip - just back from injury
Ramsey - just back from injury
Stocker - not sure how the club feels about him though
Kennedy - think the club sees him as back up not an option

Dow - I am worried
O'Brien I am very worried

some of the above need to advance to create the depth, class, etc in the midfield we are looking for.

IMVHO...the club has the problem, not the highlighted players...why?...because I also see a mountain of evidence for other players who've been given ample opportunities in the 1sts but do not play to their expectation regularly

Yep
So what does Teague and the coaching staff do on what talent they have been given

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:40 am 
Wayne Johnston

Last time I looked the ruckman was part of the midfield, our forwards missed plenty of chances.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:42 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
Last time I looked the ruckman was part of the midfield, our forwards missed plenty of chances.

39 30 stoppage clearances their way
With a guy winning 3 out of 4 hit outs that’s a concern

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:45 am 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
99prelim wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Kemp - injured
Carroll - Injured
Williams - Injured
Martin - Injured - I actually prefer him wing/midfield to HF but the club prefers it the other way

Dow - I am worried

some of the above need to advance to create the depth, class, etc in the midfield we are looking for.

IMVHO...the club has the problem, not the highlighted players...why?...because I also see a mountain of evidence for other players who've been given ample opportunities in the 1sts but do not play to their expectation regularly

Yep
So what does Teague and the coaching staff do on what talent they have been given

I don't have an answer cause I'm not Teague et al.
What I do sense is the old Orwellian mantra..."all players come to Carlton with an equal opportunity to succeed-some though are more equal opportunity than others"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:46 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Conditions were aweful and I thought GCS players gave it their absolute all and played out of their skins. Thats why this win makes it so good as we usually would have folded and showing maturity.

Yep ! I"ll take that every day of the week.Goldie were fantastic really.Ran and ran and never chucked it in.Despite that,i thought our last quarter was as gritty as i have seen for a long while..................yeah,I"m with you Walshy..........................cant wait to front up to Port at the " G "....................very winnable game..............i believe its our turning point moment of truth game.No excuses whatsoever.Ticker is everything next.............im tipping McGovern to return and star.Ditto Williams........i can feel it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:46 am 
Wayne Johnston

sinbagger wrote:

39 30 stoppage clearances GC way and yet they had more than six less shots on goal, doesn’t look good for then GC midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:48 am 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
keogh wrote:
99prelim wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Kemp - injured
Carroll - Injured
Williams - Injured

Dow - I am worried

Yep

I don't have an answer cause I'm not Teague et al.
What I do sense is the old Orwellian mantra..."all players come to Carlton with an equal opportunity to succeed-some though are more equal opportunity than others"

Political speak
Isn’t reality
Jus ask Nick Graham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Was at the game, wore shorts and a Carlton Tshirt, the scarf was taken off at each break as it was too hot to wear it. This gives you all an idea on what the conditions on the ground must have been like.

Great atmosphere, felt like a home game for us, we really do have some supporters up this way.

Fun little interlude, I made eye contact with a lovely lady in full Suns regalia - singing our song with gusto after the win. Feel she is a true blue, just trying to support her new home :)

Last quarter was the only thing I liked about the game - oh and the cheese kransky and cold beer

Go Blues!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Don't know that you can put too much stock in individual performances from a game where one of our best kicked it OOTF 3-4 times.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Had to laugh. Watching my Foxtel recording of the game and it stops with 5 mins to go :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Bingo, when was the last time we had an ugly win? Probably when we had a half decent side.

Swans game last year?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

That was rough viewing, had that sinking feeling the whole night that it was going to end up being a total horror show with a very long drive home from tommi's in Berwick to the northern suburbs :grin:. We really looked like Malthouse Carlton for a good deal of that game, although credit to the boys for dominating the last qtr the way we did. Thought we were a really horrible side to play against in that term, but just couldn't get out to the 4 goal lead that we needed to steady the nerves.

Q3 against Pies, Q2 against Dockers, Q4 against GC we have absolutely owned the ball. Need to work on getting a bit more return on our effort though.

So had it actually been raining there that day or is that just how it is at nights on the GC? Because the conditions clearly played a part in the overall standard.

Shame about SOS, was that just rotten luck in the tackle or did we bring him back from the shoulder injury too quickly. Who knows with our injury management.

That's 2 dangerous games in a row for Eddie. Look out Port.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

GMCbris wrote:
Was at the game, wore shorts and a Carlton Tshirt, the scarf was taken off at each break as it was too hot to wear it. This gives you all an idea on what the conditions on the ground must have been like.

Great atmosphere, felt like a home game for us, we really do have some supporters up this way.

Fun little interlude, I made eye contact with a lovely lady in full Suns regalia - singing our song with gusto after the win. Feel she is a true blue, just trying to support her new home :)

Last quarter was the only thing I liked about the game - oh and the cheese kransky and cold beer

Go Blues!!

She was probably just a racist

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

GMCbris wrote:

Go Blues!!

She was probably just a racist

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:20 pm 
Bert Deacon

our F....kn game plan is pathetic u12 style all we do is kick to contest either from backline or the long bomb into forward line ,it has cost many games over the years and we are still playing in same matter. We are lucky that gc system is better . Against a good side this game style will take us nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Kemp - injured
Carroll - Injured
Williams - Injured

Dow - I am worried

Cunningham is another name in the mix, although I personally think it’s forward line or bust for him. He’s never looked a genuine AFL mid to me.

Fisher can go through the middle too, but it sounds like we’re trying to settle him forward.

And I think everyone except Teague thinks SPS should be a mid/forward.

agree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MPH78 wrote:
Had to laugh. Watching my Foxtel recording of the game and it stops with 5 mins to go :lol:

That happened to me with Freo.
I learnt my lesson and added 20 min to the recording

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

buzzaaaah wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

That happened to me with Freo.
I learnt my lesson and added 20 min to the recording

Yeah normally do the same but didn’t this time.

Probably only need to keep the 20 minute mini of this game :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

MPH78 wrote:
Probably only need to keep the 20 minute mini of this game :lol:

That was the perfect game for a Kayo Mini but really that was too long also :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next