Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The first 2 1/2 quarters were great. Then really seemed to drop off the intensity. Just managed it but not ruthless enough to really put them to the sword.

Harry 7.5 and 1 on the full. Good but could have been great... nay, should have been great. The whole kicking around the corner from nearly directly in front drives me insane. Just kick it straight!

Fog, Walsh, Jones all outstanding. Cripps better.

Dow, I've seen enough. He's going backwards by the week. If ever there was a game to get some quality touches and confidence this was it. Just not good enough.

Dunno if Levi is done for good but horribly out of form. Offers very little and only getting a game because needed as relief ruck. Against a Witts-less gold coast next week, I'd honestly give OMac his chance.

Murphy was better. But not great.

Betts looks past it. Loved his goal and celebration and it certainly got everyone up and about but he doesn't play any part in our future. It was a nice Swan song to end his career. But I'd honestly rather see Owies given the same gift games that Eddie's getting.

Thank God we got a win on the board. If we'd dropped this week, the jungle drums would have been beating loudly, but still plenty of room for improvement. Got to back it up next week against an undermanned Suns outfit otherwise it means nothing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:43 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bondiblue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
A win's a win's a win

MVP voting open : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37161

A 45 point win

BOG a toss up between Walsh Cripps jones Fogarty McKay ....Inhavent even seen the stats yet.

Walsh is a phenomena. His disposals usually count.

Glad to win by 1 point let alone 45.

We were 46 up at half time and 62 points during the third.

Dow pick 3 beat Cerra pick 4 on the day. Neither were stars but hey...it's about them.

Go Blues

How did Dow beat cerra Bondi ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
jim wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Liam BOG by a mile, Silvagni excellent and Fogarty my new favourite player.

Take that attitude into next week please.

Casboult, Betts and Cottrel will be lucky to get picked.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Casboult just didn't come into the season fit. Like him to get his fitness and confidence in the 2s. Gov in to replace him after his effort yesterday, looking way fitter, but means either Harry or Jones will have to relief ruck.

That's what Im thinking too Jim.

Casboult is gone. Gone since round 7 last year. Up till then he was in AA contention after being a laughing stock prior. Well he's back to that again I'm afraid. Do him a favour. Put his out to pasture...unless its to straighten us up.

Regardless, he's a liability. Can't run.
When Levi is confident he's good, when he's not he's close to useless outside of relieving the the ruckman. We developed his confidence last time playing him in defence. Looked a real natural there. No room there now. Rest time for him replaced by Gov.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

supercoach wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
A win's a win's a win

A 45 point win

BOG a toss up between Walsh Cripps jones Fogarty McKay ....Inhavent even seen the stats yet.

Dow pick 3 beat Cerra pick 4 on the day. Neither were stars but hey...it's about them.

Go Blues

Look, they were both below average.
Cerra more disposals, but on the outside whilst eveyone else was doing the hard work.
Dow put his head over the ball more and got in close to distribute.

Cerra a better kick. Dow a harder player.

My vote. Dow.

Now drop him for Stocker.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:50 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bondiblue wrote:
supercoach wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
A win's a win's a win

A 45 point win

Go Blues

Cerra more disposals, but on the outside whilst eveyone else was doing the hard work.

My vote. Dow.

Cerra had more contested possessions. Anyway agree stocker needs a run but I’d pick Cunningham for Dow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I wasn't confident going into this game but I guess a week under the blow torch turned things around.
Tackle count still pretty ordinary.
Great to see a forward kicking goals.
Some of Walsh delivery was superb.
Interested to see if Gov comes in for Levi.
Having a 2nd forward out there today with footy smarts the margin could have been 100.
Love JSOS he gives his all I just wish he would slot the goals when he gets chance.
18 disposals with 3 goals would have been a great return.
Good 1st up game from Parks but he may go for that hit.
Great game from Cripps

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good to get the win but a better side would have done us today. Dow is always miles away from it when we have possession. Cripps tried to do too much all day but was still good. SOS & Jones awesome.

Umpires were really kind to us I thought.

From about half way through the third we played like millionaires. Take the win but.

I'm a McGovern fan but if prefer another game or 2 in the reserves. Stocker in for Dow though.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Went to the game, it's been a long time since we saw a win.
Atmosphere was great, especially when Betts kicked that goal and the chant went up.
A bit frustrating that we didn't finish off strongly, we ran out of puff.
Great games by McKay, Walsh, Cripps, Jones and Fogarty.
There was a bit of spite in the game, not sure what was being said out there.
Happy with a win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Scrappy game and it was good to get the win, but a disappointing last quarter and a bit.
In order to have the mongrel required to make the 8 we really need to learn to step on the oppositions throat when given the chance.
We could've had 20+ goals if our forwards could kick straight and McKay could've had 10 if he could kick properly, this around the corner crap is ridiculous. His kick looked better last week and more relaxed. There should be a full team ban on around the corner kicks unless it's on the boundary.
And SPS has a great standing kick but his kicks on the run are questionable, he needs to be in the forward line for this reason alone.
Pretty stoked with Fogerty and what else can we say about Walsh, what a gun we have. He just needs one more gun to support him in the middle.
JSOS is starting to show some real promise too.
Jones was BOG for me.

Last edited by Sidefx on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

With the thought of going zero and three, I wasn't confident today. But we brought our game and played like a team with a CAPITAL T. Things to like about our backline, forward set up and in the centre. Next week we have the SUNS, if we bring what we brought tonight we will be hard to beat. Really looking forward to going to the 'G against the Power in round five. moment of the night was Eddie's goal and the umpire telling Crippa to tuck in his strapping on his shoulder or to go off the ground! never seen that request before, quite amusing.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:24 pm 
Bob Chitty

Good win. Couldn’t go 0-3 and didn’t. 45 point win will take that everyday of the week.
Ran out of steam last 40 minutes but smashed Freo when it mattered early.
H, Jones, Walsh, Cripps and Fog excellent
Our midfield actually stood up and decided to bully their younger Freo opponents. Played with the right intent unlike last week
A few of the older guys were quiet
Thought the Setterfield withdrawal for Cottrell actually helped us as Cottrell is a genuine winger. Setters is a mid trying to play as a winger. Avoided the square peg round hole situation for a third week in a row
Now beat GC next week. Go to 2-2 and we’re in this season again. No drinking the bath water like usual after a win

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Our best were Walsh, Mckay, Cripps, Jones and Fogarty.

Was a very good performance, I still think the side hasn’t fully gelled yet either. First 2 weeks we were moving the ball well, but today smashed freo in the middle and pressure was a lot better.

Levi is either underdone or cooked (both?) and Dow just doesn’t look up to it.

Side looked more balanced having a proper runner in Cottrell instead of Setters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

Adam Chatfield wrote:

Was a very good performance, I still think the side hasn’t fully gelled yet either. First 2 weeks we were moving the ball well, but today smashed freo in the middle and pressure was a lot better.

Side looked more balanced having a proper runner in Cottrell instead of Setters.

Levi came in underdone after that knee issue. Didn't play any lead up games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
Good to get the win but a better side would have done us today. Dow is always miles away from it when we have possession. Cripps tried to do too much all day but was still good. SOS & Jones awesome.

From about half way through the third we played like millionaires. Take the win but.

I'm a McGovern fan but if prefer another game or 2 in the reserves. Stocker in for Dow though.

Agree with all this except the bit about Stocker. If we’re dropping Dow (and I probably wouldn’t), it should be for Setterfield or Kennedy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Agree with all this except the bit about Stocker. If we’re dropping Dow (and I probably wouldn’t), it should be for Setterfield or Kennedy.

Yeah I'd have no complaints if Kennedy came in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Levi came in underdone after that knee issue. Didn't play any lead up games.

I know that but he could just be done anyway, seeing his form for 2nd half of last season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:34 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
supercoach wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
A win's a win's a win

A 45 point win

Go Blues

My vote. Dow.

I would be dropping Murphy before Dow any day of the week. Dow's hardness at the ball is more evident than in the past; was unlucky not to have been given a free for a strong tackle. Also stopped a much bigger player dead in his traps with a front on tackle
Yes his kicking is still a worry but I would not feel the slightest bit aggrieved if Teague was prepared to back him in for a good block of 6-8 games

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Take the 4 points and look forward to GC. Needed that win but we either tired or released the pressure in the last. Need to play 4 quarters and keep improving our intensity. Still not where it needs to be to compete with the best.

Much better from the leadership group. Best games this year from Jones, Crippa, Doc and Ed, although the latter was played were he is best, defensive midfielder, but his offence was good.
JSoS should never be replaced in the forward line and Fogarty will help with Fisher’s loss. Betts has a role to play in our forward line - end of story. SPS pushed further up the ground and immediately shows his class. Need to keep Parks in, just to allow this move.

I’m concerned with Pittonet’s ruckwork. His tap work has gone backwards and is not getting off the ground. Can’t understand our centre bounce positioning of players either. Casboult moved better today but dropped what he should have taken. Next week, it will click. Forward line functioned better. Did I mention JSoS and Betts are crucial in our forward line..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Harry’s missed out on 10 today, but let’s be honest, he’s manufactured 13 shots for the day & was deadset knackered for each of them.

Eddie’s forward craft was a massive factor today. If there are any changes to the side for next week, we need more of what he brought to the table.

So sad that we only have one bloke capable of making a difference in that area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

The 4 points was good , positive mackay , jsos , parks looks good , Fogarty is becoming a player, Walsh is just a freak , Cripps was better today but freo were way down today and we are too Cripps concious,
Dow needs to keep playing and see were he is at my mid season break
Wetiering is a concern
11 more games of Murphy doing nothing and side stepping contests , this is getting harder to watch by the week
Betts hopefully gets better

No way we can carry betts and Murphy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next