Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:
Heavs wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
One reason to keep Ed in the team, aside from the fact he is easily our best shutdown mid, is that he always gives maximum effort and goes hard. If you want to use games to prepare for the future, by all means drop a conditional softarse - no need to name names - but by God, do not sideline one of the few seniors setting the right example to the kids.

Dude, if they drop Ed I'm done.
I can never tell if you're joking

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think I'm pretty consistent with what I look for in a footballer. Ed is probably my second favorite player this century because he gets as much out of himself as possible.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sounds like Walters will play.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

After watching other teams like Sydney, GC and Fremantle with their young groups full of confidence, run and aggression. I have a feeling especially at Marvel this week - Freo will have too much pace and wipe the floor with us. Sorry but whatever little faith I had, has gone after the Collingwood debacle. Our mindset is that far off other AFL teams, it isn't even funny any longer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Heavs wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Heavs wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
One reason to keep Ed in the team, aside from the fact he is easily our best shutdown mid, is that he always gives maximum effort and goes hard. If you want to use games to prepare for the future, by all means drop a conditional softarse - no need to name names - but by God, do not sideline one of the few seniors setting the right example to the kids.

Dude, if they drop Ed I'm done.
I can never tell if you're joking

I think I'm pretty consistent with what I look for in a footballer. Ed is probably my second favorite player this century because he gets as much out of himself as possible.
Fair enough, I think his time is up though, plus I can't stomach his disposal any longer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:26 am 
Horrie Clover

Freo paying $2.80

If you are sure we are so bad, put your house on Freo and come out on top

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:24 am 
Geoff Southby

I'm expecting a Carlton win. The only excuse for not winning is that Carlton are indeed crap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lowey_47 wrote:
I'm expecting a Carlton win. The only excuse for not winning is that Carlton are indeed crap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Would you prefer two or three ply?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tasboy wrote:
Freo paying $2.80

$2.80? that's crackers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:15 am 
Harry Vallence

Bolton tried to make Ed a lock down forward, he just wasnt quick enough. We know he does a good job on quality mids curtailing their influence, while getting possessions himself. Have we tried him as a lock down back? Taking the Plowman player?

Maybe he isnt fast enough, but I would like to see it tried

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GMCbris wrote:
Bolton tried to make Ed a lock down forward, he just wasnt quick enough. We know he does a good job on quality mids curtailing their influence, while getting possessions himself. Have we tried him as a lock down back? Taking the Plowman player?

Yeah try it, but Ed is not fast enough. He's good in close, within arms reach, after that he's chasing the quickies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
tasboy wrote:
Freo paying $2.80

$2.80? that's crackers.

I've never bet on anything bar the Melbourne Cup, but I'm sorely tempted to put my life savings on the line and see if I can get the mortgage paid off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
tasboy wrote:
Freo paying $2.80

$2.80? that's crackers.

I've never bet on anything bar the Melbourne Cup, but I'm sorely tempted to put my life savings on the line and see if I can get the mortgage paid off.

I'm on Freo for $10. Will be happy to lose it but not expecting to.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

GMCbris wrote:

Ummm, so why don’t we use him to do jobs on quality mids... which is, err, exactly what we need?
Rather than trying to invent new roles for players who are good at other roles (eg. Trying to make Cripps into a forward, or Setterfield into a wingman)?

NB: I think SPS at half back might prove valuable as a way to teach him to find more of the ball, provided the payoff is we move him into the midfield at some point...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:07 pm 
Banned

17th Premiership wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

Ummm, so why don’t we use him to do jobs on quality mids... which is, err, exactly what we need?
Rather than trying to invent new roles for players who are good at other roles (eg. Trying to make Cripps into a forward, or Setterfield into a wingman)?

NB: I think SPS at half back might prove valuable as a way to teach him to find more of the ball, provided the payoff is we move him into the midfield at some point...

Actually wouldn't mind seeing Cripps starting FF this week and leave H at CHF where he should be playing.

Midfield should be Williams + Walsh + Setterfield.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:17 pm 
Serge Silvagni

GreatEx wrote:

Good call, but don't be afraid to name names - I do and they keep playing the spud week after week, and I don't mean MM.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

Actually wouldn't mind seeing Cripps starting FF this week and leave H at CHF where he should be playing.

I could wear that...............agree Harry at CHF.

Midfield should be Williams + Walsh + Setterfield.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am 
Garry Crane

Just trying to work out transport to the game...so approx what time would the game finish with 3:20pm start?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:14 am 
Harry Vallence

6 pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:18 am 
Garry Crane

Nick wrote:
6 pm

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:37 am 
Rod Ashman

Is Fyfe out due to concussion in the last match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next