Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Elani is not biased. Just incompetent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Unfortunately, the Most important consideration in determining the outcome of tonight's game is the Umpire.

Eg. If its Umpire No.22 Naiffan Williamson, then bet against us because his bias against Carlton is blatant and sickening, so expect the worst of the worst, or if its Umpire No. 34 Eleni Glouftsis, despite it being Greek Independence Day, fairness is not ion her vocabulary as her calls are regularly inconsistent and usually go against Carlton. Buyer beware.

The problem with some Umpires, in particular the abovementioned is that they do influence the outcomes of games with their bias against Carlton. I can't remember a game we have won with those umpires, and if we did, its probably because we played out of our skins and nothing could stop us, or the other 2 umpires didn't join them and officiated properly, giving Carlton a fair go.

Anyone know the umpires for tonight? I'm feeling sick thinking about it.

1) Rubbish. Do you honestly believe that umpires go out of their way to rule against Carlton??
I could possibly buy that they don’t like some individual players - but I don’t think we have any players nasty or who play for frees enough to warrant that attention.
2) If you are correct, then we simply need to play out of our skins to overcome the handicap.
3) I realise that you said ‘inconsistent’ but also ‘usually’ go against Carlton... I’d suggest that when we crack in hard, get to the ball first we will get more frees than the other team.

NO excuses. We have all the tools and depth to beat this mob. The only thing that stands in our way is our mindset.
I remember back when I was a lad, we might not have the best team, but we believed we could win every game, we bust our guts to do so, and we did more often than not came out on top. Do that!

Am I the first Carlton supporter you've heard suggest Umpire No 22 is hard core bias against Carlton in every game he's umpired?

...and in the most recent preseason game he was back to his blatant best against Carlton. It was embarrassing to watch.

Eleni comes a close 2nd.

Yes! I do honestly believe it based on what I have witnessed from No 22, and haven't been swayed by what nearly every other Carlton supporter thinks of No. 22.

Eleni has been inconsistent and unfavourable towards us..

Ok, fair enough if that's what you think. I don't believe that.
On Grundy, are they saying he's out b/c of injury or the weather? No way in hell would they leave him out due to the weather! If that is the rationale, then I'm calling BS.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As I’ve said elsewhere Eleni is incompetent- but Nathan Williamson #22 is an out and out cheat.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Bookie wrote:
Umpires are Curtis Deboy (11), Andrew Stephens (12), David Harris (24). All grew up Collingwood supporters.

Rubbish. Collingwood supporters don't grow up...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10