Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:07 am 
Craig Bradley

kingkerna wrote:
53 inside 50s to 17 in the second half.

That's fitness also.

Heat has to go on Russell at some stage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Don't worry about the fitness man, he's done the job with the best. Season is a marathon, not a sprint. Hence it's important to peak at the right time. Some sides are more ready to go in round 1. Round 2 it sort out as sides have had a needed hit out under their belt.

Last edited by jim on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:07 am 
Bruce Doull

dane wrote:
I hate TC.

Hey, it's not like we were playing the reigning premiers who have won three of the last four grand finals and who were just two players off full strength.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 am 
Bruce Comben

Some dumb errors/turnovers and a familiar inefficiency with inside 50. But we showed we could mix it with and worry them. We were one deft tap away from running into an open goal and taking the lead in the last - that’s footy! Hope this reinforces their self-belief. Lots to like and build on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:27 am 
Craig Bradley

Disappointed that it was a 4 goal loss didn’t reflect the closeness of contest for much of the game
Disappointing we never seem to be able to get our best team on the park for round 1
Disappointing for JSOS another long term injury
Richmond are bloody good and Martin one of the best I’ve seen
We will beat a lot of other sides if we play with that intensity
Smashed at clearances and therefore too many tiger entries into 50

Having said that a lot to like undermanned and never gave up
Excellent Walsh could be anything and will be Cripps good Newner good Ed good Weitering good
Fogarty and Dow ok Gibbons ok fisher ok
Defence overall pretty good
Saad a good acquisition
Oscar McDonald good given circumstances
Dominated 3 Ed quarter but didn’t take chances
Harry what are you doing playing on in almost goal square go back and take your kick if he had kicked like Riewoldt would have been close
Disappointing Levi momentum killer last night thought setters OBrien below par Pitto got destroyed by the Nank Jones very jittery Willo just going similarly SPS
Need to bring intensity to every game missed Martin and Williams magic
Don’t get why Cunningham isn’t in this side
Disappointing to lose but was relatively happy given the opposition

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
dane wrote:
I hate TC.

Hey, it's not like we were playing the reigning premiers who have won three of the last four grand finals and who were just two players off full strength.

:thanks:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:08 am 
Bert Deacon

Frustrated and sick of losing like all of us, given a win was there for the taking. Richmond's clean hands and accurate goal kicking (oh, and Dusty) were the difference in my book.

:clap: Walsh, Cripps, Saad
:thumbsup: Plowman, Weitering, Newnes, Curnow, Gibbons
:| Setterfield, McDonald, Dow, Fisher, Fogarty, Murphy, SPS, Silvagni
:cry: Docherty, Jones, Casboult, McKay, Pittonet, Williamson
:yikes: O'Brien

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:16 am 
Ken Hunter

I woke up this morning in a better mood @Bondiblue :razz: but one thing I can't get my head around - how can we be in the game for so long and maybe even pinched it, by being smashed and some might say embarrassed at the centre clearances? :confused:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We really really need LOB off the banner.
He needs a lift.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
I woke up this morning in a better mood @Bondiblue :razz: but one thing I can't get my head around - how can we be in the game for so long and maybe even pinched it, by being smashed and some might say embarrassed at the centre clearances? :confused:

Its the mids after Cripps Walsh and Ed which we need to improve imo. Those 3 were not embarrassed.

Pitto may have won the hit outs but they are not to suit a plan.
As usual, Pitto's hit outs, even his double handed ones go to our opponent more than not.
I would prefer TDK leaping and punching it forward, or to an spot which suits our mids.

To answer your question, like Teague said, the Defense stood up to the onslaught of 75 entries into their Forward 50.

75 entries for 15.15 (30 shots at goal) is pretty good defense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:45 am 
Wayne Johnston

Amazing when I go the age to read about the game and the lead story is about how good Martin is, accompanied by a picture of him blatantly infringing by pushing Jones in the face/neck.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dus ... 57c03.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I like what Grant Thomas had to say about the new rule after last night's game

"If the AFL are happy for games to be decided by 50 metre penalties because of the man on the mark rule, the game is cooked."

We was robbed, by ourselves and with a little help of the umpires. Rules were not applied fairly to both teams.

There was a few amazing lunging tackles on Richmond players that were not given holding the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:14 am 
John Nicholls

sinbagger wrote:
Amazing when I go the age to read about the game and the lead story is about how good Martin is, accompanied by a picture of him blatantly infringing by pushing Jones in the face/neck.

Yep, made the same comment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:40 am 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Its the mids after Cripps Walsh and Ed which we need to improve imo. Those 3 were not embarrassed.

Pitto may have won the hit outs but they are not to suit a plan.
As usual, Pitto's hit outs, even his double handed ones go to our opponent more than not.
I would prefer TDK leaping and punching it forward, or to an spot which suits our mids.

To answer your question, like Teague said, the Defense stood up to the onslaught of 75 entries into their Forward 50.

75 entries for 15.15 (30 shots at goal) is pretty good defense.

We failed in the clearances Bondi. They smashed us with continuous 1st use of the ball after restarts. It wasn't individuals that let us down, but it was our setups. I read somewhere this morning that Pitto won the ruck taps, if that is right, then we are even bigger strife then what I originally thought. I'd be surprised if he got ONE clear tap to advantage. I know the stats will say he did but i need to replay the game.

Our backline stood up well - agree - but the amount of composure shown coming out of defence by some was very, very disappointing and Jones really played a shocker - one of our leaders! You cannot have a leader like him and Ed turn the ball over, panic kick and just give away just plain dumb frees. Leaders need to lead and show composure and assurance so the kids can follow. Walsh is showing the way, Weitering is showing the way, Cripps & Doc are trying and probably trying too hard.......Others???

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:13 am 
Rod Ashman

robertbb wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Yep, made the same comment.

Good bloke to have a ‘beer’ with?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:32 pm 
Bert Deacon

nothing has changed from previous years ,our F...k.n long bombs into fwd 50 (where are our grummers ) richmond get back in numbers and run ball out , we kick the ball long to wing only to be outnumbered ball comes back to a richmond leading forward (how many times 1v3 tiger players) .luke hodge even said it on tv our kick outs to outnumbered players JOKE. Teague had months to prepare for this game and still lost.
This game played out exactly like i thought it would . Regarding players need to shift sps and doc away from defence provide no run make mistakes enough time for selectors to be ruthless .Don't be satisfied with 25 pt lose .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Centre square work has been a strength for us previously but we were smashed there tonight. 19 centre clearances to 10. We made Shai Bolton look like a superstar.
We were continually starting at half back. I thought Harry was rubbish. Oscar showed twice as much in 2 quarters. Kills him for workrate.
Murph was good when we have the ball but an absolute liability when the opposition have it. Credit to the backline. The ball was living there.
I thought Fogarty was OK. Clean and composed and uses the ball well as a rule. I don't get the criticism of Ed. He works harder than anyone in our team. Walsh? he's a gun.
I said before the game it was ridiculous playing LOB before Cuningham. I don't think I was wrong.

Shai Bolton is fast becoming a superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:05 pm 
John Nicholls

Adam Chatfield wrote:

When he kicked the sealer (I think it was him), he ran past Doc who was tying his laces, and pushed his head with both hands. Doc no response.

Says it all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

robertbb wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

When he kicked the sealer (I think it was him), he ran past Doc who was tying his laces, and pushed his head with both hands. Doc no response.

Says it all.

You must have been looking the other way. Docherty had some very stern words with him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pffft, Doc should've given away a bonus shot at goal, what a pussy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

so my take

we still have certain players whose faults in crucial moments just kill us.

Murphy, for all the constructive deliveries offers nothing when the pressure really mounts and its time to just put the body on the line and tackle, chase as hard as possible, do all those little things that must be done. He doesn't and it hurts us, every game, every time. If he cannot tackle he should not play (file under INRS).

O'Brien - (how many of us knew he would drop that mark?) but for mine even worse was that moment he tried to kick through a full pack of players and gifted them the easiest of goals. His softness kills us (file under INRS).

SPS - sorry I just think we are killing him as that defender - no run, bombs the ball out under pressure. I'd play Saad and Williams as the 2 half back-flankers - run and carry and toughness under pressure (INRS).

Dock - it hurts me to day it but I think Dock cannot play last line, so for mine he is a winger or defensive half forward (Murphy's role?).

Cas and McKay - when we need a goal...well...I hate to say it but give me Riewolt any day.

DOW - hands are much much better, but by foot - its their ball almost every time.

Goddamn but how good is Walsh and how good will he be? He is twice the player Dusty was at the same age...ponder that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next