Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:56 am 
Bruce Doull

13 points up, nearing half time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:07 am 
Trevor Keogh

3 point lead at HT.

Commentary is an Essendon* love-fest. It’s nauseating! Also is it too early to have a go at the umpires :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 am 
Robert Walls

Today's take away: PADDY DOW

(also, we lead by 30 at 3/4 time)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:54 am 
Geoff Southby

:thumbsup:

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mackay limped off

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:23 pm 
Robert Walls

We win by 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AIRCAV wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
If you think about it, the move from 15m to 50m was a fair bloody jump, right?!
I get it, 15m wasn't enough of a penalty, to stop professional frees, but 50m, geez, that is significant, especially for relatively minor indiscretions which result in goals.
And esp these days with games often producing lower scores, though, I get it, this new rule is designed to free the game up.
But my ppoint still stands, 15 to 50 was a big leap.

There was discussion about introducing a 25m penalty to give the umpires some level of discretion, with a 50m for sever infractions. But then they felt umpires would never give a 50m.

The AFL Commission had "a feeling, a kind of vibe".

FMD, this boys club of the AFL Commission are soooOO unprofessional, AND OUT OF TOUCH.
A BUNCH OF BOGANS.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddy Dows first qtr was really impressive when he joined the midfield group.
Then he continued in the same form in the 2nd Q , with an impressive goal 40 out.
Then just continued to show he belongs.

If he gets better during the year he may become a star of the game in 2021.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:
Today's take away: PADDY DOW

This

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The midfield group with the Duracell bunny in there (Zac) is hot. he's hot.

Ed tagging the blonde kid who did allright in the first shows his tagging role is a winner...he continued to link up as a mid when we had the ball.

Pitto wasn't that good in the ruck, but competed. By the 4th I was hoping he'd lose all the ruck contests because when he won them, twice he followed up his own tap, but all others basically went to the opposition.

Cripps Walsh Williams in the middle with Setterfield and Ed on the wings.
Then Dow and Martin mixed it up in there, and Williamson in the defensive wing providing ample support for backmen.

Dow stood out. Fogarty surprisingly reminded me of Dow last year. Didnt do enough desperate running defensively. Only one praccy game though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

For anyone who watched it, did Stocker or OBrien do anything interesting?

Match report here:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/867758/practice-match-report-carlton-v-essendon

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by killpies on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Who and what didn't impress me?

Pittonet. He kicked 2 goals which was good, but TDK and Levi are better ruckmen imo. Not round 1 worthy imo.
TDK with his leap would have been punching or tapping every centre bounce our way, and there will be more centre bounces with more goals kicked with the new rules.

Newnes. He looked too big and slow. Some of his kicks down the line in the 2nd Q were 2nd rate. Didn't attack the man enough. Not round 1 worthy performance imo

Fogarty I had him in my best 22, but I though he didnt run defensively enough, and seemd to corrall rather than attack the man with the ball. One of my pet hates...I saw Martin do it a couple of times, but he also did some great defensive efforts too. Not round 1 worthy performance imo.

Silvagni I thought he was great at creating a contest and bringing the ball down. The lads up the ground seemed to bomb it forward with no pattern or plan. I just expected a few more marks and shots on goal from JSOS. He was allright, and contested better than Gov ever would. May still play round 1 ahead of Gov. Needs to step it up next week vs saints.

SPS played a great game, but he got pushed under the ball 3 times in the first and they ran off him. Overall good game with his poise a weapon....just has to watch he doessnt get pushed under as easily as he did in the 1st. Admitedly didn't see that happen again in next 3 qtrs. Will play round 1

Cuningham seemed lost in the 1st Q. Got better as game progressed. Don't like the way he corrals instead of attcking the man with the ball. Expect more defensive work TBH. Hung around the edges. He has pace to burn.

Poor Stocker (came on 15 mins left) and OBrien (came on last qtr) didnt really get a chance to get into the game. Missed a snap.

Oscar played ruck, as did Moore. Moore got injured. Oscar is more KP size. Preferred Moore in the ruck than Pitto.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

killpies wrote:
For anyone who watched it, did Stocker or OBrien do anything interesting?

2nd last line above post.

Also LOB ran really well between the arcs. A real weapon. Beautiful kick. Had a long ping from 55, unless he was trying to set it up, and a couple short passes. He looked different...better different to me. Only played the last qtr

Stocker got a handballl and a snap on goal...only played max 15 mins

Commentators talked about both players' weapons, and mentioned Teague saw Stocker as a contested mid ... stood out there in intra club simulation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Who and what didn't impress me?

Pittonet. He kicked 2 goals which was good, but TDK and Levi are better ruckmen imo. Not round 1 worthy imo.
TDK with his leap would have been punching or tapping every centre bounce our way, and there will be more centre bounces with more goals kicked with the new rules.

Newnes. He looked too big and slow. Some of his kicks down the line in the 2nd Q were 2nd rate. Didn't attack the man enough. Not round 1 worthy performance imo

Fogarty I had him in my best 22, but I though he didnt run defensively enough, and seemd to corrall rather than attack the man with the ball. One of my pet hates...I saw Martin do it a couple of times, but he also did some great defensive efforts too. Not round 1 worthy performance imo.

Silvagni I thought he was great at creating a contest and bringing the ball down. The lads up the ground seemed to bomb it forward with no pattern or plan. I just expected a few more marks and shots on goal from JSOS. He was allright, and contested better than Gov ever would. May still play round 1 ahead of Gov. Needs to step it up next week vs saints.

SPS played a great game, but he got pushed under the ball 3 times in the first and they ran off him. Overall good game with his poise a weapon....just has to watch he doessnt get pushed under as easily as he did in the 1st. Admitedly didn't see that happen again in next 3 qtrs. Will play round 1

Cuningham seemed lost in the 1st Q. Got better as game progressed. Don't like the way he corrals instead of attcking the man with the ball. Expect more defensive work TBH. Hung around the edges. He has pace to burn.

Poor Stocker (came on 15 mins left) and OBrien (came on last qtr) didnt really get a chance to get into the game. Missed a snap.

Oscar played ruck, as did Moore. Moore got injured. Oscar is more KP size. Preferred Moore in the ruck than Pitto.

:thanks:

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

We won as we should have and with only 1 KP forward. Plenty to be happy with and work on. More ammunition up forward to come back in will make us better. Pitto taking 2 strong marks and kicking truly resting forward was good to see. Crippa playing deep, especially in the last was good to see. Youngsters look like they might be ready to lead - Dow, Setters, Williamson, Fisher, SpS (although I feel he still needs to play further up the ground), Cuningham and even O'Brien showed a little for the 15 minute run. Really would like to see him given more of a go.
Like our centre setups. Much more run and carry - Cripps/Martin/Walsh or Cripps/Williams/Dow. More of that thanks. Need to get Setters in there as well.

Disposal especially into our F50 was disappointing. Only early in the year but we just don't seem to be able to either kick to our forwards advantage or have space to lead into and we just bombed and hope. Hopefully we do better come round 1. The bummers numerous times found their forwards out on a lead or space. Annoys me how every other team can do it.

As for our 2 new recruites - disposal alarm bells!!!.....thankfully JMartin & Smurph make up for some of our terrible turnovers. Give them the ball every opportunity.

ps. Did I mention Dowy's breaks from packs....

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 2021 Community Series
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:25 pm 
Wayne Johnston

killpies wrote:

:thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/MattBalmer7/status/ ... 2694958080

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

any word on mckay's injury?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/ ... 0938696708

Shitus O'Reilly is an unfunny, Carlton hating dick...deserves no oxygen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

With all the wraps on Durdin, not a mention. Did he play?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:06 am 
Bert Deacon

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
With all the wraps on Durdin, not a mention. Did he play?
No

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next