Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Could we trade Pick 6 to the Dogs re Darcy bid?

Most mock drafts have Daicos at 1, Darcy going around 3. I hope teams have learned from Silvagni to bid early and force full value.

Pick 3 with father/son discount = 1675.5 points required. What would be now Pick 7 = 1644 points, leaving 31.5 leftover.

Pick 15 and their future first for 6 and 25? Or Pick 6 for 15 and Mitch Wallis?

Dogs have got the bill well and truly covered with junk time selections.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:01 pm 
Bert Deacon

cerra 3 votes 1vote and in rnd20 2votes is he worth p6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

JSOS signed for 2 more years

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Players seem to be happy and are re-signing.
Not sure who else is still out of contract this year.
O'Brien, SPS, Newnes are a few I can think of.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm 
Robert Walls

SPS requests a trade to West Coast: https://www.afl.com.au/news/679045/blue ... trade-home

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechampion wrote:
SPS requests a trade to West Coast: https://www.afl.com.au/news/679045/blue ... trade-home

The fall out from Teague continues !!

Hopefully eagles think they are going to improve next year and we ask for their first rd pick next year

And they bottom out as expected

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluechampion wrote:

I don’t get this bit of the article:

Quote:
He now hopes for a fresh opportunity with the Eagles, who are looking to add midfield depth and respond after missing the finals for the first time in six years throughout a tough 2021 season.

His trade request to West Coast therefore won't help Carlton in its hopes of securing a deal for wantaway Fremantle youngster Adam Cerra, who is yet to nominate a preferred Victorian destination after requesting a move home last month.

Can someone run that through the Carlton footy media translator and explain what point the “journo” is making? :screwy:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

aboynamedsue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

I don’t get this bit of the article:

Quote:
He now hopes for a fresh opportunity with the Eagles, who are looking to add midfield depth and respond after missing the finals for the first time in six years throughout a tough 2021 season.

His trade request to West Coast therefore won't help Carlton in its hopes of securing a deal for wantaway Fremantle youngster Adam Cerra, who is yet to nominate a preferred Victorian destination after requesting a move home last month.

Can someone run that through the Carlton footy media translator and explain what point the “journo” is making? :screwy:

sps is only worth a late 5th rounder

cerra is worth 2 first rounders

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bmaurizio wrote:
LOB, Fisher , Dow & McGov are all a concern too, would be seeking to move as many on as possible and practical, we’re desperate for a mature Ruckman , a ready utility key position player, another hard nosed midfielder wouldn’t go astray.

I rarely disagree with you bmaurizio, BUT this time I'll double the agree value...even Dow....BUT, its not going to happen, not even with the Autumn Moon on our doorstep.

Agree with the word "desperate" for the mature ruckman. I hope Pitto has a breakthrough year in 22, but I don't think much is going to change from a trier.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:
My ideal trade would be 2022 first rnd and sps for cerra and keep p6. With p6 we select best mid (hard quick) in draft. our midfield is covered . Pick 25 we select quickest best tall defender . Go get them NICK

Like.....a.....lot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
News floating around Newnes Parks and Boyd delisted

I assume that means we are keeping LOB?

Wouldn't be surprised if we kept LOB.
Every team I muck around with shows we need a bonafide wingmen to rely on week in week out.
Sure flexibility is good to see from coach and player, but a settled team is gold imo.
LOB's running capacity and ability to hit long targets when NOT under pressure are valuable tools.

Who else for the wings other than Walsh (I want in the middle) and Ed (who turns 33 next year)?
I dream that Philp, Cuningham could have the engines to play the role, other than that I dream it may be Carrol but he seems more like an inside outside mid.

Cerra? Where does he play if Walsh Cripps is teaming up with Hewett, (a fit and determined) Williams? Wing-midfield mixing it with the running machine Walsh?

We are desperate for a wingman, but come on, we know it’s not going to be O’Brien, just as it’s not going to be Cottrell. They’re both too slow between the ears.

It won’t be Cuningham either. He’s physically capable (when fit) of running the other way, but that’s just not his game. He gets a bit lost trying to pick up the danger… plus, it’s pretty hard to overlook that fitness caveat. He’s a guy that has had hamstring problems in the past & is now using a piece of those same hamstrings to hold his knee together.

It could be Philp, that’s certainly what his draft profile suggests…. IF the #bestinthebusiness works a miracle on his groins.

It could be Carroll, but I don’t think anyone truly knows what the young fella has to offer. He certainly looks like a footballer though. If he turns up to preseason closer to 85kg than 75kg, he’d have to be in the mix.

Personally, I don't think anyone knows.

How many times has Cuningham done his hammy since being selected at pick No 23 in the 2015 draft?

LOB can play wing...why he doesn't...I can agree its between the eras, and I know that a good Psych can get in there. Couldn't give a stuff if they do or don't, because it aint my job, but he has the legs we need...and we need another ingredient to fix that....between the ears.

Can't just give up on young players when they are just 21yo. That's a crazy investment.

here's pick 10, and id you don't make it when you're 21yo you can @#$%&! off.

Man 21yo in Europe playing reserves are kept on at $20M because they develop...I know we have a cap, but if we give up on them like that, we may as well trade our picks

Hence, get Cerra for pick 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Good luck to the kid. We f@&ked him up. It’s going to be hard watching him running the lines and delivering in WC colours but I wish him all the best. Can’t blame him.

Post subject: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:39 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bluechampion wrote:

Swap for their pick 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:23 pm 
Horrie Clover

azzablue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Hopefully eagles think they are going to improve next year and we ask for their first rd pick next year

As in, he's leaving because Teague was sacked or, Teague not playing him has caused him to leave?

To be honest sacking two of his senior coaches when one believed in him and one didn't might be enough to say im out of here.

Lockdown in Melbourne may have done it (id rather be in perth, more specifically freo).

Or it might be that the club's previous appointment of coaches and current coaching absence might be the underlying reason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

As in, he's leaving because Teague was sacked or, Teague not playing him has caused him to leave?

To be honest sacking two of his senior coaches when one believed in him and one didn't might be enough to say im out of here.

Lockdown in Melbourne may have done it (id rather be in perth, more specifically freo).

Or it might be that the club's previous appointment of coaches and current coaching absence might be the underlying reason.

The fact he wasn't offered a contract may be the simple reason he's decided to go somewhere.
It's not home given he's from Halls Gap, but its west of Melbourne and he spent time in Perth as a 16yo star.
That's where his stardom left him imo.

This has Tuohy written all over it....I just don't think we will get the same value as we did for Tuohy.

SPS was a pick 5.

I'd like WCE picks 29 & 49 (653+287 = 940points) equivalent of pick 20
... might give them our pick 61 back (135 points) equivalent of pick 23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:53 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
News floating around Newnes Parks and Boyd delisted

I assume that means we are keeping LOB?

Wouldn't be surprised if we kept LOB.
Every team I muck around with shows we need a bonafide wingmen to rely on week in week out.
Sure flexibility is good to see from coach and player, but a settled team is gold imo.
LOB's running capacity and ability to hit long targets when NOT under pressure are valuable tools.

Who else for the wings other than Walsh (I want in the middle) and Ed (who turns 33 next year)?
I dream that Philp, Cuningham could have the engines to play the role, other than that I dream it may be Carrol but he seems more like an inside outside mid.

Cerra? Where does he play if Walsh Cripps is teaming up with Hewett, (a fit and determined) Williams? Wing-midfield mixing it with the running machine Walsh?

We are desperate for a wingman, but come on, we know it’s not going to be O’Brien, just as it’s not going to be Cottrell. They’re both too slow between the ears.

It won’t be Cuningham either. He’s physically capable (when fit) of running the other way, but that’s just not his game. He gets a bit lost trying to pick up the danger… plus, it’s pretty hard to overlook that fitness caveat. He’s a guy that has had hamstring problems in the past & is now using a piece of those same hamstrings to hold his knee together.

It could be Philp, that’s certainly what his draft profile suggests…. IF the #bestinthebusiness works a miracle on his groins.

It could be Carroll, but I don’t think anyone truly knows what the young fella has to offer. He certainly looks like a footballer though. If he turns up to preseason closer to 85kg than 75kg, he’d have to be in the mix.

Personally, I don't think anyone knows.

How many times has Cuningham done his hammy since being selected at pick No 23 in the 2015 draft?

LOB can play wing...why he doesn't...I can agree its between the eras, and I know that a good Psych can get in there. Couldn't give a stuff if they do or don't, because it aint my job, but he has the legs we need...and we need another ingredient to fix that....between the ears.

Can't just give up on young players when they are just 21yo. That's a crazy investment.

here's pick 10, and id you don't make it when you're 21yo you can @#$%&! off.

Man 21yo in Europe playing reserves are kept on at $20M because they develop...I know we have a cap, but if we give up on them like that, we may as well trade our picks

Hence, get Cerra for pick 6

The root of O’Brien’s problems aren’t psychological. It’s aptitude. He doesn’t know how to play footy.

This league doesn’t have hundreds of clubs throughout dozens of equivalent competitions to shuffle their developing youth off to, so come Christmas time, ten of the top 25 picks in that draft will be employed elsewhere.

Post subject: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:44 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
thryleon wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

The fact he wasn't offered a contract may be the simple reason he's decided to go somewhere.
It's not home given he's from Halls Gap, but its west of Melbourne and he spent time in Perth as a 16yo star.
That's where his stardom left him imo.

This has Tuohy written all over it....I just don't think we will get the same value as we did for Tuohy.

SPS was a pick 5.

I'd like WCE picks 29 & 49 (653+287 = 940points) equivalent of pick 20
... might give them our pick 61 back (135 points) equivalent of pick 23

I reckon that’s about right.
Anyone who thinks we’re getting WC’s #10 (or next years first round) even with a swap deal is dreaming. He couldn’t seal a spot in our underperforming side. It’s sad but we have to let him go and hopefully for him he gets a better run at WC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:09 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree but he is worth more than WC PICK 29 which will become 31 the real question is what extra than 31 is he worth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:00 am 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Agree but he is worth more than WC PICK 29 which will become 31 the real question is what extra than 31 is he worth

Is SPS worth more than #29 Frank? I’m not so sure. No doubting he has some talent but, as our new CEO, says “don’t get seduced by talent”. I don’t think SPS’s output warrants more than that mid-2nd round range unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:35 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree ABNS but I’m in the SOS camp ie he was renown in dealing with other parties that he needed a bit more before he could agree to the deal
I think we need a little bit more than pick 31
I also think whilst we don’t want DODO reputation Austin does need to ensure that we have a reputation that whilst we will do a deal we won’t be a rollover merchant either

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 76  Next