Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pittonet, Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra & Dow is a pretty decent middle six - if we can pull it off.

I can see us using guys like Saad, Williams, Fogarty & Martin to run the wings.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
Pittonet, Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra & Dow is a pretty decent middle six - if we can pull it off.

Does look good.

I expect Williams to be obsessive over summer to make it work for him as a mid.

I'm not a fan of Fogarty...don't think he is a real wing man. Can't see him in the 22 in 22.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 am 
Ken Hunter

Crusader wrote:

Fogarty is the player I would be training up with Ed over the next 12 months as the run with midfielder. See how it unfolds from there. I think this kid is a genuine midfielder but he does need to get better by foot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:35 am 
Horrie Clover

Can't kick over a jam tin Fogarty.

Likes a tackle though. Geelong have cut loose an also ran.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Does look good.

I'm not a fan of Fogarty...don't think he is a real wing man. Can't see him in the 22 in 22.

None of Saad, Williams, Fogarty or Martin are wings. I’m saying we’ll take a different approach, given the extra couple of followers we’re hoping to add.

Fogarty’s defensive pressure & ability to win the ball are streets ahead of the other fwd/mids on our list. An extra preseason of conditioning will hopefully add 10-15m to his kicking. If not, he’s at least getting a shot off, which is more than can be said about the others.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

How Dogs and Demons built their GF teams

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Does look good.

None of Saad, Williams, Fogarty or Martin are wings. I’m saying we’ll take a different approach, given the extra couple of followers we’re hoping to add.

Fogarty’s defensive pressure & ability to win the ball are streets ahead of the other fwd/mids on our list. An extra preseason of conditioning will hopefully add 10-15m to his kicking. If not, he’s at least getting a shot off, which is more than can be said about the others.

Re Fogarty. 2 ways to play half forward

1. Defensive forward who plays within his capabilities to shut doen a good HBF

2. A dangerous HF who finds the ball and creates opportunity for others. Kicks goals when they present.

I will take a dangerous attacking forward than a defensive one with limited skills.

Fogarty can't kick far enough or across body for goal, to kick goals. ie imo not a dangerous forward

Pass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Read the article.

So basically:

- Nail your top end picks
- Nail your later and rookie picks
- Nail your trades for experienced players
- Get a bit of luck
- Get excited when you are picking immediately after the Saints

Who would've thought it :razz: :lol:

Post subject: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:40 am 
Geoff Southby

How far can caleb daniel kick? I've never really noticed since he always seems to find a target. Surely Fogarty has the ability to kick a similar distance... and if he is out of range someone needs to have an inkling and be in a position to receive, and he needs to look for someone and not blaze away. collective effort

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 am 
formerly Fevola

Yep chuck a helmet on Fogarty, put him in the backline and get him to crash and bash out of our backline at all costs.

Haha. Works for Caleb Daniel.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:19 am 
Harry Vallence

Caleb Daniel already has a premiership medal, may well have another by end of today.
Fogarty has potential , long way to go , but I reckon Vossy & Power will help him to achieve his best footy yet .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Fogarty can't kick far enough or across body for goal, to kick goals. ie imo not a dangerous forward

Pass.

Complete fiction.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Pass.

Complete fiction.

Yeah right Cru

Where have you been?
We've been discussing this all year here at TC, and looking at the evidence before us week after week.

Started when CK was sure Fogarty kicked a 40 metre goal...he can't kick far...he always looks to give it off. he's a safe pass but his action lacks penetration.

Now go and find me a kick longer than 40 metre shot at goal....there's plenty 30 out...even to the point last round he was 35 out and looking to give it off.

Like I said....go find a kick longer than 40 metres if you're so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lowey_47 wrote:
How far can caleb daniel kick? I've never really noticed since he always seems to find a target. Surely Fogarty has the ability to kick a similar distance... and if he is out of range someone needs to have an inkling and be in a position to receive, and he needs to look for someone and not blaze away. collective effort

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Daniel kicked a 50 metre goal during these finals...and he was playing HB.

I wish Fog could kick as good as Daniels.

Anyway, I'm not getting bogged down with Fogarty.
Not on my radar for good players.
I will be surprised if he makes best 25 let alone best 22.

Like I said to cru a post earlier...go and find a shot at goal from 40 that makes the distance let alone goes through the goal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I didn't come here to discuss Fogarty...couldn't give a stuff about him.

I came here to say, not only will we have all those injured players ready for a big preseason under Voss, (except Marchbank and Cuningham with their ACLs), but it looks like we will get the "Cerra On Top" too.

Paul Barbazza tweeted this earlier today...now Tom Brown on Fox reporting the same

Bring him on!

Dow to take the next step .... hopefully

Cripps and Hewett the hard nuts
Walsh, Williams, Dow and Cerra the inside outside mids

Pace of Philp....throw Martin threw there, and we have a hard at it midfield group under Vossy's "Powerful Brand" of footy.

Pressure on Setterfield to perform next year, and Kennedy may do well under Vossy as a hard at it mid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Pass.

Complete fiction.

Yeah right Cru

Where have you been?
We've been discussing this all year here at TC, and looking at the evidence before us week after week.

Started when CK was sure Fogarty kicked a 40 metre goal...he can't kick far...he always looks to give it off. he's a safe pass but his action lacks penetration.

Now go and find me a kick longer than 40 metre shot at goal....there's plenty 30 out...even to the point last round he was 35 out and looking to give it off.

I’m not questioning his length. In fact, I’m pretty sure I started that conversation, within the context of his full set of lower body injuries and the impact of winter on his leg strength. As I said then, he’ll get stronger.

You’ve fabricated a story that he can’t kick across his body.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Pass.

Complete fiction.

Yeah right Cru

Where have you been?

I’m not questioning his length. In fact, I’m pretty sure I started that conversation, within the context of his full set of lower body injuries and the impact of winter on his leg strength. As I said then, he’ll get stronger.

You’ve fabricated a story that he can’t kick across his body.

Fabricated? Fiction?

Yeah right. Good onya.

Focus on the player and his attributes, not the poster.

I'm focussing on Fogarty's weaknesses as a forward. I know his strength as a defensive forward. I didn't say he can't kick across the body, I said he can't kick distance straight or across the body for goal. ie he lacks distance with his kickin...he compensates like others to gain extra yards by kicking across the body and that doesn't seem to help....you highlighted bits of a sentence to suit your agenda...took things out of context. Don't know why? maybe you .... I don't care TBH

You say he can get another 10-15 metres on his kick with some conditioning. I'm trying to work with you. I just said he doesn't have it in him kickin at goal...which is what forwards do, generally if youre a dangerous forward, and alluded that he gets his distance by kicking across the body and still doesn't kick goals. You said you can see using guys like Fogarty on a wing, then you say he's not a wing man. I'm trying to work with you. WTF are you on about?

That's not....cricket. Discuss it with yourself.

You're right Cru, I'm wrong... not sure what I say is fictional, or fabricated.

Like I asked, nicely, why don't you just find some proof of Fogarty's kicking prowess for goal, and that will settle fact of what is fictional and who is fabricating. I'm not here for a dick size contest.

I couldn't give a rats arse about Fogarty. I've seen what I've seen. good luck to him. He got dropped when we had 14 or 17 out injured. Good reason IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 am 
Horrie Clover

@bomdiblue i think your disagreement here is more about what is is intended to be written, vs interpretation of what was written.

In any case I agree about fog. He can't kick but he is a battler and what I see as an ed curnow type. He could get better but he probably won't. He's a good stop gap for now though because he tackles well and doesn't do stupid stuff but he's a limited footballer and if he is still playing for us in 4 years we've gone backwards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:32 am 
Ken Hunter

or he actually did improve...cos you know that shit does happen.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
@bomdiblue i think your disagreement here is more about what is is intended to be written, vs interpretation of what was written.

In any case I agree about fog. He can't kick but he is a battler and what I see as an ed curnow type. He could get better but he probably won't. He's a good stop gap for now though because he tackles well and doesn't do stupid stuff but he's a limited footballer and if he is still playing for us in 4 years we've gone backwards.

I hope you're right thryleon.

I am genuinely excited to read positive press about Carlton. The last week has been particularly good. I got a call yesterday morning about Cerra selecting Carlton, and have read positive stuff about Voss as the Carlton coach, even positive stuff about the passion and legacy of Elliot....things are on the up for Carlton in the media. What a nice change.

Picture this. Its GF day. Its a long day shared with friends via zoom and face time because of the restrictions. A beautiful 60yo Cognac and a few beers, and things are going along nicely. No allegiance. May the best team win. I'm in an exuberant mood, and then the game is done and I want to post some things I've heard during the day about the list, only to find a poster describing my posts as "fictional and fabrication". Its not the first time from that poster. Crusader makes those comments having disregarded the season long discussion about Fog, which he contributed to. Its been done to death. There is no proof on any footage or any game Fog can kick for goal further than 35m. Period. Yet he seems to insist he can when he knows there is no evidence. None.

To my mind I've explained what I think of Fogarty: strengths and weaknesses. I wish Cru would attack the points with some explanation rather than attack the poster.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 76  Next