Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Membership
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:01 pm 
Bruce Comben

Not happy. General membership is now $220 and no scarf or cap. Just a cheap plastic bag. So much for paying for this years membership and attending no games and being rewarded next year for being a loyal supporter.

Post subject: Re: Membership
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 am 
Geoff Southby

woofa wrote:
Not happy. General membership is now $220 and no scarf or cap. Just a cheap plastic bag. So much for paying for this years membership and attending no games and being rewarded next year for being a loyal supporter.

Love the Club....................been through an incredibly tough time,and if we want to get through it we all must sacrifice..............reckon we need to plough as much as we can into the place............no time to be asking for a free lunch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Lived OS for the best part of 17 years. In that time I've been to about 5 games and got a couple of hats when I've been in country.
I was in Mexico when we got done for the salary cap. Bought the membership, convinced four of my mates to join up and bought the the famous Tee shirt for $30.

It's nice to get stuff but it isn't everything.
It costs me $200 AUD just to watch the games on TV.

Sometimes you have to do stuff for the club.
You won't be complaining about no beanie when we win #17 and you know deep inside that your membership dollars helped win it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:03 pm 
Bert Deacon

"Ask not, what your club can do for you......"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Pat's Fitztrick wrote:
"Ask not, what your club can do for you......"

Exactly Pat............no offs,no butts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:32 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

[quote="woofa"]Not happy. General membership is now $220 and no scarf or cap. Just a cheap plastic bag. So much for paying for this years membership and attending no games and being rewarded next year for being a loyal supporter.[/Option 1

Pledge your membership, re-sign next year for benefits below.
-Name on honour wall as part of redevelopment of Ikon Park (valued at $500, but no cost to those Reserved seat members who pledge)
-Invitation to a special member appreciation event in 2021
-Price Freeze on your 2021 membership
-Additional membership for friend or family member in 2021
-Name on Round 1 Banner in 2021

Option 2
Claim as a tax deductible donation, a process which I can facilitate.

Option 3
Contact the Club to discuss credit transfers split across 2021,2022.

If you would like to discuss and finalise any of the options above, please give our membership team a call on 1300-227-586 and we will be here to assist.

Kind regards,

De'Marea Hawkins
Membership Sales Executive
Carlton Football Club
Ikon Park | 400 Royal Parade, Carlton North VIC 3054
M: 03 9389 6340

I took option 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:19 pm 
Bruce Comben

I apologise to all for my misreading on what is on offer. The usual cap, scarf and beanie is available. Will wear with pride. Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Well done Woofa :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I did post similar in the 2020 membership thread. I really point the finger at the AFL here. I'm all for whatever money would have gone to the club to stay with the club, but the cost of entry which could not be delivered this year should have been subsidised by the AFL for 2021, at least partially. If the members had demanded their money back, the entire industry would have been brought to it's knees and indeed there would have been clubs made insolvent. For the AFL to make no recognition of what became a large donation from 100's of thousands of members is pathetic.

I sent this feedback to the club, more as a means that if enough members make noise regarding such things, perhaps the AFL will take notice (although I wouldn't hold my breath because since when has this shit organisation given a rat's arse about it's fans) and do something about it. The membership guy was kind enough to offer the same membership (member zone) for the general admission price, which wasn't really what I was trying to achieve but I certainly appreciate the gesture.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The_Cranium wrote:
I did post similar in the 2020 membership thread. I really point the finger at the AFL here. I'm all for whatever money would have gone to the club to stay with the club, but the cost of entry which could not be delivered this year should have been subsidised by the AFL for 2021, at least partially. If the members had demanded their money back, the entire industry would have been brought to it's knees and indeed there would have been clubs made insolvent. For the AFL to make no recognition of what became a large donation from 100's of thousands of members is pathetic.

I sent this feedback to the club, more as a means that if enough members make noise regarding such things, perhaps the AFL will take notice (although I wouldn't hold my breath because since when has this shit organisation given a rat's arse about it's fans) and do something about it. The membership guy was kind enough to offer the same membership (member zone) for the general admission price, which wasn't really what I was trying to achieve but I certainly appreciate the gesture.

A win win is all the AFL Commission is after. A financial win for theAFL Commission, call it 'beer money', and a win for the Executives of The Commission to 'line' their pockets.

The fans are the addicts the Commission likes to take advantage of; easy pickings.