Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:
Didn't get pantsed.

Bring on next year with Charlie and Harry up forward, marchbank down back, Newman straight in, JSOS fit, TDK with another pre season.

Other young players coming through.

Chin up, we will progress

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

That's the spirit.
Next season starts now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Super effort from his "best mate" marC. Most short steps for the night. Leader. Brave. Get [REDACTED] cat

Murphy was absolute crap. He has been OK for the last month or so but there is no escaping it tonight.
Missed tackles, waiting for the opponent to get the footy. Not putting his body in front of the ball and calling for easy possessions.

Yeah but because he's not the only one, he apparently gets a free pass.

The thing is you just know he will leave on bad terms, not believing we didn't offer him another year. He will be an AC at Essendon* in 2022.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
the lack of fanfare for simmo's exit from the arena only magnified how overblown we made the same for Gibbs

Thinking the same thing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 pm 
Bob Chitty

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
the lack of fanfare for simmo's exit from the arena only magnified how overblown we made the same for Gibbs

agree. wasnt a fan of what we did for gibbs (i get that he is another carlton legend but thought it didnt sit right with me)

they should have done more for simpson, but i was glad to see kruzer get the walk off as well.

both super stars.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
equal 4th in the afl for quarters won. shows how bad our worst is.

17-17 in 1st/2nd qtrs
22-1-11 in 3rd/4th qtrs

If I'm not mistaken, we were 17-0-0 when removing the worst quarter, a unique stat among all teams. Our best is good; our worst is wooden spoon level. The good news is that our problem is easy to identify. It would suggest that a few tactical tweaks could make us a strong team - a better situation than needing a total list overhaul.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

agree. wasnt a fan of what we did for gibbs (i get that he is another carlton legend but thought it didnt sit right with me)

they should have done more for simpson, but i was glad to see kruzer get the walk off as well.

both super stars.

I'm sure it was how simmo and kreuze wanted it, but last week's fawning was way over the top

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:27 pm 
John James

Just caught the last 6 minutes and Simmo. Respect for Simmo and big Kruez. As far as MM is concerned....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
Umpires didn’t cause our second quarter lapse - but rogered us in the second half.

They didn’t cause the lapse, but they rogered us in the second quarter, make no mistake. We’ve been asking our players to get better at weathering the storm and dig in when we’re under the pump. They were actually doing that. Back 6 in particular was repelling a heap of entries. The only times we got scored on were from our own kicking errors. We were otherwise actually clawing our way through it, only to have the umps hand them 2 goals for blatantly incorrect frees.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:28 pm 
Bob Chitty

Farewell Simmo a true warrior and unsurprisingly fought until the last second

This game sums our season up a bit. 3 solid quarters. 1 absolute stinker of a quarter where we leak goals and can’t score ourselves. Ends up costing us the game

Umpiring deplorable

Walsh our best by the length of the Flemington straight
Liked Willo’s game
H has looked good with continuity of games

Murph, Eddie and Levi really struggled and I’m not sure we should be expecting much from them next year

Liked seeing Teague give it to them at half time

We need a big trade/draft period and, more importantly, a tough pre season where the acid is put on those who are too inconsistent with their commitment

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lions ducking at every occasion and getting away with it... umpires not so great tonight

But 37 inside 50's compared to 61 ain't going to win you many games... we played some dumb wet weather football at times, especially the second qtr
No Cripps that last qtr but it was good to see others pick up the slack

Not sure Levi, Murphy and Betts have much left
Polson = inanimate carbon rod

Simmo will be missed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Another game lost because of one shit quarter.

I hear Captain Snooze will be coming on board next year to sponsor our goal less quarters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Thinking the same thing

Both got the send off they wanted. What about Simmo’s personality makes you think he wants more fanfare?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Yeah but didn’t you enjoy seeing how awesome Gibbo played last week? How could you not stand and applaud???

/sarcasm

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

dane wrote:
Eddie
Murphy
Levi

Cooked

Eddie was better up the field in the 2nd half. Alot more creative and did a bit. Don't think he touched it in the first half though.

Levi is a forward/ruck. Not surprising, after a season and a half of great footy, that he fell right away the moment we starting picking 2 rucks. His best 2 weeks of the last 8 were the previous 2 weeks when he was back as a 2nd ruck. Needed to be on the ball tonight as he wasn't doing a much as just a forward in the conditions. We picked way too many talls and it hurt us at ground level.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros
Well played Simmo
Kennedy surely he gets a spot on the list
Walsh another great game
Willo was very creative
H continues to improve make sure he is fit for Round 1
Plowman excellent on Cameron again
Very competitive against a team that have everything going for them including 20 free kicks to 9
About time the coach read the riot act at half time

Cons
Cripps injured should not have played like Docherty last week stupid to play when they are not fit
Casboult ordinary for the last 6 weeks
McGovern not enough
Umpiring terrible
Eddie is really struggling and has another contract so is Murph and he does also

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Murphy should be ashamed of himself , worse performance, I have no idea how he was given another year , no impact on simmo last game !!

And then we don’t carry simmo off but they carry Gibbs off , wtf !! Is that !!

And we wonder why we lose to Melbourne, hawks and crows , to f....n soft !!

Murphy needs to retire immediately

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

39 qtrs won, just one from the top of that ladder. Shows how much run ons in qtrs killed us. Win that many qtrs and you should be a contender, not 12th or 13th.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

cecil89 wrote:
keogh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Thinking the same thing

Both got the send off they wanted. What about Simmo’s personality makes you think he wants more fanfare?

True
Says a lot about Gibbs as well

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
Another game lost because of one shit coach

EFA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

cecil89 wrote:
keogh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Thinking the same thing

this is what I posted above...

Quote:
I'm sure it was how simmo and kreuze wanted it, but last week's fawning was way over the top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next