Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 am 
Ken Hunter

O’Brien is the outside winger/runner we needed to support Cripps. What has happened to him since his first year has me scratching my head. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the pick at that time and I seem to remember Sydney being very interested as well. The kid might be a different player if he was drafted by Sydney. They seem to develop their kids.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Respect for Simpson in the football community is huge.

Bettsy, Cripps and Simmo are the most liked players from the opposition, such is their unique contribution to the game.

Simpson is HUGE.

Cannot believe the Herald Sun today and the disrespect they have for Simpson, let alone anything Carlton.

Mark Robinson is a disgrace to football journalism

Herald sun has double spread on:

Essendon* young player McGrath
Footscarys Doug Hawkins

A full page on:

Essendon*'s new coach, Rutten.
Saints march into finals
Majak Daw

Huge space with photos and articles on:

Higgins to geelong (speculation)
Crouch as an RFA (speculation)

and on the lect hand side of page 84 a small photo of skinny Emerald kid swinging off a tree, no Carlton jumper with a headline

Humble Start for 'Blue Donut"

You are a disgrace and a slob of a journalist and footy editor, Mark Robinson with your anti Carlton vitriol.

If there was one thing Damien Barrett was right about was that the Herald Sun is highly compromised and bias.

TODAY IS KADE SIMPSON DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

TODAY BELONGS TO KADE SIMPSON

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
O’Brien is the outside winger/runner we needed to support Cripps. What has happened to him since his first year has me scratching my head. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the pick at that time and I seem to remember Sydney being very interested as well. The kid might be a different player if he was drafted by Sydney. They seem to develop their kids.

I think youre right.

He was looking good last year.

Remember the game vs The Lions we won?
OBrien was running the length of the field, basically presenting 2 players such was the ground he covered.

I don't get to see half of Carlton's games live, and OBrien has impressed me when Ive seen how much ground he covers really quickly.
He's a weapon, but he is been used as one this year. I'm hoping they are developing him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
WTF would you drop LOB for the last game.

Because he was poor. He was running in quick sand.

May well be true but what about other players who've been poor (for multiple games)?

To be fair, he was playing injured. Lame. Strapped up thigh. No wonder he was running in quick sand.
Terrible idea to leave him on the ground was my thought.
He deserved another shot if he was fitter than last week's game....imo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I think I'm going to be angrier if we win this one.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Not me. Finish with momentum. Show prospective recruits we're going places. Finish 10th after finishing 16th? last year.
Give the players positivity heading into the next pre-season. Even if we'd won last week, we wouldn't have made finals.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

LOB's 21st today.... Hopefully there's not a party planned and the players all leave at half time....
:lol:
Set up will be interesting... They have good ins...
Polson back, SPS forward? TDK resting forward? Levi back?... We seem tall... So let's see what is planned (if anything?)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
LOB's 21st today.... Hopefully there's not a party planned and the players all leave at half time....
Polson back, SPS forward? TDK resting forward? Levi back?... We seem tall... So let's see what is planned (if anything?)

Go Blues

SPS will still play back I assume. Polson will fill Docs role in the rotation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:

You won't be getting angrier.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Regarding the Hun's treatment of Simmo's retirement, well what can you expect? Like all Murdoch papers the only thing the Hun is good for is lining the budgie cage.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reckon we are a great chance..................whats to fear ? Brisbane have had a great year and are playing great footy.But they are far from being a great footy team...........i actually reckon man for man we are equal in talent if not more so.As Teague quite often says,play our brand.Its simple for me,our best is better than there best............Come on boys,dig deep for that great warrior Simmo.If any player deserves a send off in style its Simmo..........................OK thats the theme tonight........"PLAY LIKE WARRIORS"...........Come on,do it for Simmo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

Not that tall, in fact i think we need more talls when we bomb it long down the line and into the forward line :yikes:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:55 pm 
Ken Hands

I want to hear that after the game tonight someone, anyone stands up and says that they are sick and flowering tired off finishing in the bottom half of the ladder . Next year the gloves are off, ( starting with preseason) and there will be a higher expectation required of every single player , and anyone who doesn’t perform will be called out. The bar must be lifted. Time for excuses are well and truly over .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm 
Robert Walls

BigGartos wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Does anyone think we are a chance today?

A 10 point win...
Or a 10 goal loss.
We are fully capable of either outcome today.

You might be out with the range...anything from an 80 point loss to a 30 point win

I know which of those two margins I'd take but others may find it offensive so I won't be so bold mention it

Bring on 2021...Finals or bust for Teague

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

If the boys let themselves get thrashed today,
I think Basil here has the right prescription for what they ALL need before they go off and enjoy themselves on holiday...

(with thanks to Blue Sombrero)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:15 pm 
Robert Walls

CC1961 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Does anyone think we are a chance today?

I always think we're a chance.

I agree too.

We all have Navy Blue Hearts - I don't believe any of us has ever fully written off a game before it began.

More than any other club we have shown we can win when least expected.

I wouldn't wear that as a badge of honour...it's an indictment on all involved

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Heavs wrote:

You won't be alone H :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
Not me. Finish with momentum. Show prospective recruits we're going places. Finish 10th after finishing 16th? last year.
Give the players positivity heading into the next pre-season. Even if we'd won last week, we wouldn't have made finals.

Sounds great in theory BV

In practice, it just gives false hope over the summer break. I want the blowtorch on them all summer with no wriggle room...losing 4 of the last 5 needs to burn intensively

I want Teague, Cripps and Doc to make no reference to how they took something out of that last game blah blah...Show us what's changed Rd 1 2021 against Richmond

Look at what our immature captain said when we just beat GCS..."we're back, Blues are back"

Yeah I'm being harsh, miserable, cynical but that's how I feel about Carlton right now...SHOW US WHAT HAS CHANGED IN RD 1 NEXT YEAR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

SPS will still play back I assume. Polson will fill Docs role in the rotation.
Probably, but SPS is wasted back...
He's an enigma...
In the middle he can go into the pack and get the pill... as a defender, the slightest body contact and he seems to be pushed out of the contest...

Go Blues

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next