Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

The_Cranium wrote:
Have a look at these @#$%&! cauliflower. Everyone smiling. Hugging the other team. Led by @#$%&! Cripps. It means nothing to them. He's everything that's wrong with the club. Blasè attitude. No killer instinct. More interested in being the nice guy. They were more interested in blowing smoke up Gibbs arsehole than winning the @#$%&! game. Absolutely disgusting

Simpson and Murphy chair him off spare me. That is everything that is wrong with this club now and for the last 15 years.
Simpson and Murphy need to be told BUT Mr Nice Guy won't because we are a boys club with a loser mentality with absolutely no ruthlessness anywhere in our club.

Rod Ashman

Any chance one of the TC mods can ban me from TC? :banghead: :hitcomputer: :donk:

Harry Vallence

Come back Gibbsy, we’ve got a minimum 16 vacancies!

Yet again, another (dis)honourable loss.

Yet again, a quarter and a bit of decent footy, the rest insipid, bruise free ball watching

Yet another unanswered 6-7 goal deficit allowed to occur before the team wakes up

Yet again zero tactical changes made by the coaching staff during gameplay

Yet again another match peppered with deplorable butchering of F50 entries

Yet again second to the ball, falling over on the spot, zero second efforts

Yet again no discernible structure, no hunger for the contest and far too many passengers

Does the Teague Train come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty? Not convinced by a long shot :mad:

Harry Vallence

Just deflated and sad really.

Bob Chitty

just dissappointing.

three time we have had an opportunity to put ourselves forward for files, and three times we have failed.

this season is a massive loss IMO, could have made huge gains ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Weiters , Cripps Walsh Harry and Charlie Curnow are about the only players we should bother keeping.
The rest I wouldn't care if they were on the list next year.
And seriously if Levi and McGovern line up round 1 next year we are going no where.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Levi will as he's the 2nd ruck. Kreuzer's retired. He had a good year until the last 5 weeks.

As for Gov, no chance given Charlie will be back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Started in the centre from the bounce.
Cripps, Murphy and Curnow as leaders let the club down today.

Banned

Sad day for the club - need to turn up next week to say we had a very productive season.

Many lessons learnt this season I am sure we have the backroom staff to rectify it over the pre season. Need a couple more very good players though.. yes we do need Williams and Papley and hope we get them.

Very happy with Setters and Walsh and think Williams will compliment them and Cripps nicely.

Harry Vallence

I find it more Diabolic that we have a photo of Lachie O'Brian on front of this Forum.... Every time I log on, I almost throw up, remembering the pathetic recruitment that continues on and on and on......

Paddy Dow- pick 3
O'brian- Pick 10

Do those two players look like a top 10 to you?? They won't even make it to my local footy team....Get rid of them both... Skinny useless Skeletons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Scotty12000 wrote:
Come back Gibbsy, we’ve got a minimum 16 vacancies!

Yet again, another (dis)honourable loss.

Yet again, a quarter and a bit of decent footy, the rest insipid, bruise free ball watching

Yet another unanswered 6-7 goal deficit allowed to occur before the team wakes up

Yet again zero tactical changes made by the coaching staff during gameplay

Yet again another match peppered with deplorable butchering of F50 entries

Yet again second to the ball, falling over on the spot, zero second efforts

Yet again no discernible structure, no hunger for the contest and far too many passengers

Does the Teague Train come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty? Not convinced by a long shot :mad:

Teague has years of shit to turn around. Was never happening in a season. 13-14 is a massive improvement on the previous 4-40. Just so much horrible shit that has to be turned around. He does need the side to take a step to finals next year though. Been similar to Ratten's first year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:41 pm 
Bob Chitty

Completely unacceptable and pathetic effort.
We could not show up in the first half when we had a (mathematical) chance of playing finals and the Crows has nothing on the line.
Did not win the hard ball and then refused to run hard to defend once they got the ball. At half time, we were down 54-71 on contested possessions and 69-115 in uncontested possessions. Just deplorable.
Then at half time we decide to show up after being down 7 goals and only go down by 16 points. Imagine if we actually showed up from the first bounce.
Who are the leaders at this club? Who are the guys who won’t accept this. We’ve rolled out the same guys all year and continue to not show up for big portions of the game.
And what about the coach? Is he going to continue to accept this? Or will he make some changes and stop putting faith in the same guys that have had their opportunity to change the culture and failed. Time to put faith in a new group of guys who haven’t lost consistently for years on end.
While I’m on coaching, we’ve completely gone away from the offensive game style we started the year with. We’ve lost our dare to go through the corridor and take the game on. Too much slow, long down the line which gives our forwards no chance. When we finally moved the ball quickly, H was able to dominate against a much lesser opponent.
Time for Teague to take control and set standards. Otherwise we’re not going anywhere fast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Dodo27 wrote:
I find it more Diabolic that we have a photo of Lachie O'Brian on front of this Forum.... Every time I log on, I almost throw up, remembering the pathetic recruitment that continues on and on and on......

Paddy Dow- pick 3
O'brian- Pick 10

Do those two players look like a top 10 to you?? They won't even make it to my local footy team....Get rid of them both... Skinny useless Skeletons

Never sure about O'Brien. We wrecked Dow. Was good for a season and a bit but we gave him jobs he simply wasn't ready for. Needed lesser roles to develop.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The_Cranium wrote:
Have a look at these @#$%&! cauliflower. Everyone smiling. Hugging the other team. Led by @#$%&! Cripps. It means nothing to them. He's everything that's wrong with the club. Blasè attitude. No killer instinct. More interested in being the nice guy. They were more interested in blowing smoke up Gibbs arsehole than winning the @#$%&! game. Absolutely disgusting

No issue with this after the game tbh, esp this season and an old servant’s last game etc. But they were not on pre game in a game we had to win to play finals. Our lapses in games are alarming. Our best is good but our worst is horrid...as bad as it gets. Gotta be a combo of players and coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Positives: McGovern scored as many goals as McAdam!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Funny how we finished last year feeling much better than we do finishing This year...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:45 pm 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
Weiters , Cripps Walsh Harry and Charlie Curnow are about the only players we should bother keeping.
The rest I wouldn't care if they were on the list next year.
And seriously if Levi and McGovern line up round 1 next year we are going no where.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not far off....I’d add TDK and Setterfield who has got his hands on the ball this year

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

CC1961 wrote:
Funny how we finished last year feeling much better than we do finishing This year...

It must be Stage 4 Lockdown fatigue :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
Positives: McGovern scored as many goals as McAdam!

Hope your taking the piss
Much better was McAdam
Picks 26 and 28 could have been handy
Setterfield is average too
Give SOS a call and let him explain what he was thinking 2 years ago
Don’t worry
Where in safe hands
Isn’t Brodie still involved in recruiting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I watched a really shit B grade horror movie called House from the end of the first quarter... it was much better than the really shit B grade horror known as the Carlton football club.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

The_Cranium wrote:
I watched a really shit B grade horror movie called House from the end of the first quarter... it was much better than the really shit B grade horror known as the Carlton football club.

Great movie. Preferred the second one though.

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next