Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:53 am 
Craig Bradley

muzza wrote:
CC1961 wrote:
No, I didn't know about the TC curse, sorry for bruising toes.

Hey, isn't it an absolute comfort that we seem to have a very stable back 6 at long last?

Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman, Sam Docherty, Jacob Weitering, Kade Simpson, Sam Petrevski-Seton

I know there's debate as to who no.6 is given SPKs been there most of the year & Williamson was listed there last week instead of him having slipped in when Lachie was out, but a stable 6 has been the hallmark of Carlton Premiership teams Always.

I just think Willo is too mistake prone at the moment, maybe try him on a forward flank where it's not so critical.

This looks the closest in years.

Pls leave Simmo alone, he's good for another year if form/fitness actually count.

Any general agreement on this folks?

While this all may be true, you may also not know that apparently Plowman is bad, Simmo is too old, Williamson should be dropped and SPS does not belong in the backline and should be on the wing.

You missed the most important news of all.

Andrew Walker wears a hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Not certainties but as Adelaide need to travel to Queensland for this one and not at home and given terrible start on Tuesday if we get up early and if and is a big if We get scoreboard pressure on we should win as we have a better side .
Agree with BV need to win these games as part of our maturing as a side .

Absolutely have to win this game.

Our current position on the ladder is 11th.

We have beaten 5 of the 7 teams below us.
Beat Crows and we have beaten 6 of the 7 below us.
We know what happened vs Hawks. We learned from that.

We have beaten 1 of the 10 teams above us: Geelong.
We play one above us next week.

Have to win this to support a story of improvement, our rise and our potential ... and Destination Club.

Hey, Bondi, one of the reasons they are below us is that we beat them and other teams beat them. If they had beaten us and other teams, they'd be above us.
And when we beat them, where were they relative to us? At the time we played them, were they above us? We lost to Richmond on day one so theoretically, after that every team was above us. In 16 weeks we've managed to climb to 11th after a brief stint at 9th. This is a vexed issue and needs some serious research and not just a throw away post. I'd better get on it right away. I might use PA as an example. They've only beaten teams below them as well. You might be on to something.

WE have a whole summer to discuss where we were at, why we should have beaten them, why we will again, and why our breakthrough year is 2021: Top 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I reckon we will flog them. They wont be able to handle and obsorb the press like the last 3 teams have. Their only hope is to completely flog us in the midfield and contested ball. Cant see it happening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Percentage before we beat Brisbane and narrowly miss the 8.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Percentage before we beat Brisbane and narrowly miss the 8.

Only for Collingwood to have another significant Covid breach and be stripped of points, allowing us to sneak and win the flag.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Such a statement game for us. We simply must play 4 quarters, we've only done it once this year.

Forget the finals stuff... If that happens it happens but there are too many moving parts. Just play ruthless footy. Slam into Bryce when he has the ball. Absorb pressure when it comes and hit the scoreboard when it's with us.

We can chair Gibbs off after the game if we want to but this game has to be about 4 quarter domination.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am 
Robert Walls

Hopefully Bryce plays his part and kicks to his former team mates in the goal square.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:25 am 
Bert Deacon

Strong rumours over on BF that O'Brien will be one of the inclusions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am 
Craig Bradley

I hope OBrien is one of the inclusions would be good to see how he goes but also hopefully be incentivised to work hard so he is part of this next year

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

LOB yes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

snakehips wrote:

That's great news

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:46 am 
Rod Ashman

I must have missed something. Why is this week Bryce’s last game and not next week?
Asking for a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

snakehips wrote:

If it's for Cottrell, yes. If one of our mids are out, that's a concern.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:49 am 
Geoff Southby

bluehammer wrote:
Such a statement game for us. We simply must play 4 quarters, we've only done it once this year.

Forget the finals stuff... If that happens it happens but there are too many moving parts. Just play ruthless footy. Slam into Bryce when he has the ball. Absorb pressure when it comes and hit the scoreboard when it's with us.

We can chair Gibbs off after the game if we want to but this game has to be about 4 quarter domination.

Reckon thats it in a nutshell Hammer......................forget everything else and concentrate on the game tomorrow.Everything else will look after itself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 am 
Wayne Johnston

CFC8795 wrote:
I must have missed something. Why is this week Bryce’s last game and not next week?
Asking for a friend.

I guess because they don’t think he’s playing well enough to earn two games in a row.

I’d say they consider that they’re gifting him thus game as a farewell game....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:04 am 
Bert Deacon

CFC8795 wrote:
Asking for a friend.
I figured it was this week because he's basically being gifted a game and perhaps they saw a little bit of romance in it being against Carlton.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 am 
Ken Hands

Watching Hardwick’s press conference last night was interesting. He said the Crows’ stats over the last 2 weeks were at a top 8 level and not to fall into the trap of thinking they were the same team as a month ago. Not going to be as easy as ladder position suggests.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:36 am 
Bob Chitty

ferdinand wrote:
Watching Hardwick’s press conference last night was interesting. He said the Crows’ stats over the last 2 weeks were at a top 8 level and not to fall into the trap of thinking they were the same team as a month ago. Not going to be as easy as ladder position suggests.

It’s a good point and I’d draw a parallel with us late last year when we put the mature bodies back around the ball. They’ve effectively done the same. Laird has been moved onto the ball. Brad Crouch has returned from significant time out. Ditto Sloane. Still think we should beat them but they’re going a lot better than what they dished up for the first 13 rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

I’ve got a feeling we’ve fired our last bullet for 2020. I’m not expecting us to beat the Crows or the Lions. In fact, I have a bad feeling a big loss is on the cards.

Obviously, I hope to be proven very wrong... :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
I’ve got a feeling we’ve fired our last bullet for 2020. I’m not expecting us to beat the Crows or the Lions. In fact, I have a bad feeling a big loss is on the cards.

Obviously, I hope to be proven very wrong... :thumbsup:

abns

You're an optimist...remember that?

I know what you mean.
We win the games we shouldn't and vice versa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next