Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

You'd think they'd be considering Eddie v Crows would be a good motivator for him, esp. after a week to think about it.
Still hurts how many goals he kicked for them (310) but I understand he wanted to go (?)

Which reminds me:
The worst Trade Deal in History:
Judd 145 games 90 goals for...
Kennedy 234 games 628 goals
The Gift that keeps on giving.

So there ya go: the brilliance of Carlton's list management, two players racking up the best part of a THOUSAND goals for other clubs.
Take a guess at how many YEARS of total Carlton goal scoring THAT represents!

Which reminds me, what we got out of that was the most piss-weak Captain we've ever had (present company excepted) that cost us our best forward since Jezza.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE JUDD FOR NOT REMOVING FEVOLA FROM THE GLARE OF THE NETWORK CAMERAS THAT BROWNLOW NIGHT.

That's what a true leader would have done, got him the hell out of there before he blew his Carlton career.
Poor Brendan was only ever a happy drunk and no harm to anyone.
What they did to him that night was disgraceful and Judd should have stepped up with his Captain's hat on.

If anyone wants to argue that, just ask yourself-
-what would John Nichols have done?
-what would Jezza have done?
-what would Mike Fitzpatrick have done?
-what would Sticks have done?

They would have looked after their man.

Great trade 'deal'.
We got a broken down hack without a Captain's bone in his body who cost us our best forward in 40 years.
(Stuff his Brownlow, as I've said elsewhere racking up possessions will get the umpires attention but I always watched what he did with them and it was 4/5ths of bugger all.)

Meanwhile Josh Kennedy just keeps kicking more and more goals with no sign of stopping.

Sorry to rant here but Eddie v Crows brought up some horrible realisations and memories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CC1961 wrote:
You'd think they'd be considering Eddie v Crows would be a good motivator for him, esp. after a week to think about it.
Still hurts how many goals he kicked for them (310) but I understand he wanted to go (?)

Which reminds me:

So there ya go: the brilliance of Carlton's list management, two players racking up the best part of a THOUSAND goals for other clubs.

Which reminds me, what we got out of that was the most piss-weak Captain we've ever had (present company excepted) that cost us our best forward since Jezza.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE JUDD FOR NOT REMOVING FEVOLA FROM THE GLARE OF THE NETWORK CAMERAS THAT BROWNLOW NIGHT.

That's what a true leader would have done, got him the hell out of there before he blew his Carlton career.
What they did to him that night was disgraceful and Judd should have stepped up with his Captain's hat on.

Great trade 'deal'.
We got a broken down hack without a Captain's bone in his body who cost us our best forward in 40 years.
(Stuff his Brownlow, as I've said elsewhere racking up possessions will get the umpires attention but I always watched what he did with them and it was 4/5ths of bugger all.)

Meanwhile Josh Kennedy just keeps kicking more and more goals with no sign of stopping.

Sorry to rant here but Eddie v Crows brought up some horrible realisations and memories.
Breathe in..... Breathe out.....

:lol:
(I feel your pain BTW CC)
Eddie didn't want to leave hewas Malthoused.

I would not be dropping TDK or Cotts... Let's see if the improvement continues.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

2 changes
Out Owie Martin
In Eddie Kennedy

Cottrell lives another day because of the game saving game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

CC1961 wrote:

Which reminds me:

Great trade 'deal'.

Wow. I note your join date and posts since then. You sound like an * supporter. Shame on you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CC1961 wrote:

Which reminds me:

Great trade 'deal'.

they would have done the same as Fev.
Drink as much as ou can get at a posh event :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 pm 
Ken Hands

David Mackay suspended for a week. Still they have McAdam, should we even bother turning up?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ferdinand wrote:
David Mackay suspended for a week. Still they have McAdam, should we even bother turning up?

\we have to counter that with his Mac nemesis: Mc Govern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:

they would have done the same as Fev.
Drink as much as ou can get at a posh event :grin:

BB you are being very naughty. You KNOW what i meant.

For those half asleep may i spell it out better...

...what would they DO in Judd's shoes NOT Fev's.

Cheeky bastard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

:wink:
CC1961 wrote:

Which reminds me:

Great trade 'deal'.

:clap:

:clap:
Pissed myself when I read it
And of course he keeps getting better
Getting on that jet to entice that overrated selfish footballer called Dylan Shiel who doesn’t want to have a hair out place by offering the finest food and champagne

I never forget the dumb empty look on his face when good ol’ SOS gave Caro the biggest bake ever on FC
At least he had the brains to think that this wasn’t a great career move unlike Mc Chins.

And guess what
He is on the board
H

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

GreatEx wrote:
I remember one poster called for Newnes to be dropped after his Freo goal. That struck me as crazy to deflate a guy after such a moment, and that sentiment has been proven correct by Newnes's excellent form since then. Likewise, Cotters will be walking on air right now and probably starting to feel like he belongs. Don't underestimate what that can do to a young man's game, especially when even a relative veteran has shown what a boost these moments provide.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

ferdinand wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 am 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

Where certainties to win arnt we.
I mean Adelaide are pooh :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 am 
Bob Chitty

Which reminds me:

But we got Armfield! Now I know he didn't kick over 538 goals (a mere 75) but he did match Judd's game tally for the Blues (exactly - 145) which means Kennedy would need to play on 3 more seasons to beat their combined games.

BUT as my daughter continually reminds me Dennis Armfield is the perfect human being and when he comes to his senses leaves his wife and marries her they will have 27 children all of whom will be eligible for father/son - father/daughter - father/whatever other genders are recognised by the AFL by then and pursuant to the definition of perfect his children will by necessity be perfect and lead Carlton to an unprecedented level of football domination.

So on that basis I think we will end up doing well out of the deal. :garthp:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Where nowhere near certainties but if we want progress as a team, these are the games we should be winning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:00 am 
Craig Bradley

Not certainties but as Adelaide need to travel to Queensland for this one and not at home and given terrible start on Tuesday if we get up early and if and is a big if We get scoreboard pressure on we should win as we have a better side .
Agree with BV need to win these games as part of our maturing as a side .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ianh wrote:
Which reminds me:

But we got Armfield! Now I know he didn't kick over 538 goals (a mere 75) but he did match Judd's game tally for the Blues (exactly - 145) which means Kennedy would need to play on 3 more seasons to beat their combined games.

BUT as my daughter continually reminds me Dennis Armfield is the perfect human being and when he comes to his senses leaves his wife and marries her they will have 27 children all of whom will be eligible for father/son - father/daughter - father/whatever other genders are recognised by the AFL by then and pursuant to the definition of perfect his children will by necessity be perfect and lead Carlton to an unprecedented level of football domination.

So on that basis I think we will end up doing well out of the deal. :garthp:

:clap: :clap: :clap: your daughter is a deep thinker.

Army...true Carlton man.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Not certainties but as Adelaide need to travel to Queensland for this one and not at home and given terrible start on Tuesday if we get up early and if and is a big if We get scoreboard pressure on we should win as we have a better side .

Absolutely have to win this game.

Our current position on the ladder is 11th.

We have beaten 5 of the 7 teams below us.
Beat Crows and we have beaten 6 of the 7 below us.
We know what happened vs Hawks. We learned from that.

We have beaten 1 of the 10 teams above us: Geelong.
We play one above us next week.

Have to win this to support a story of improvement, our rise and our potential ... and Destination Club.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 am 
Ken Hands

bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Have to win this to support a story of improvement, our rise and our potential ... and Destination Club.

You missed the dogs. They are above us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So do we play LOB, TDK and Kennedy to remind them of who we got out of the Gibbs trade?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dablues wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

You missed the dogs. They are above us.

you bright spark...

I guess that's why they call you da blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next