Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Geelong will turn Dow into a superstar.

Geelong can turn good ordinary players out of most of their youngsters - Cameron Guthrie is a good case in point, not extraordinarily talented but does everything well and delivers in spades when required.

I would contend that Dow is far more talented - but we’ll drive him to the scrap heap - put him down at Geelong and probably may not be a superstar but will be very good - which we can only dream about.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Geelong can turn good ordinary players out of most of their youngsters - Cameron Guthrie is a good case in point, not extraordinarily talented but does everything well and delivers in spades when required.

I would contend that Dow is far more talented - but we’ll drive him to the scrap heap - put him down at Geelong and probably may not be a superstar but will be very good - which we can only dream about.

Maybe Paddy just doesn't want it badly enough. Was gifted games early, got a chance 2 weeks ago and didn't work hard enough to capitalise on it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dow should not have been rushed back. He should have been made to work for it and we needed to make sure he was aware of what he needed to do when he returned. The fact we rushed him back and then drop him after 1 game, tells me we have NFI what we are doing.

Polson is dropped after 2 reasonable opportunities and the ideal opportunity to let him settle for a month.
O’Brien hasn’t been given a sniff, yet has been the best for months and even surprised the coaching staff with his inside abilities in one practise match they were forced to play him midfield.
For whatever reason, Kennedy now banished, probably never to be seen.
Fisher will never play midfield for us, SPS the same, Cuningham after one great game in the midfield hidden forward for ever again...... FMD.
Cottrell comes straight back in. No offence to the kid but wtf!!!

Just watching Fremantle using their kids with Mundy and Fyfe has me depressed.

I thought we knew what we were doing and developing the kids but the last month proves we have no flowering idea.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:48 pm 
Bob Chitty

I like the ins.
Surprised not to see Gibbons back in. I thought he was only ‘rested’ against GWS.

Not worried to see Polson back out. Has showed very little over his 16 career games to me. Good at VFL level. Just hanging on at AFL level.

In his two games this year he’s averaged one tackle, one clearance and single digit disposals, at 50% efficiency!

Good on the bloke for working hard in the twos but hardly stiff for mine to be sent back there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
Dow should not have been rushed back. He should have been made to work for it and we needed to make sure he was aware of what he needed to do when he returned. The fact we rushed him back and then drop him after 1 game, tells me we have NFI what we are doing.

Polson is dropped after 2 reasonable opportunities and the ideal opportunity to let him settle for a month.
O’Brien hasn’t been given a sniff, yet has been the best for months and even surprised the coaching staff with his inside abilities in one practise match they were forced to play him midfield.
Fisher will never play midfield for us, SPS the same, Cuningham after one great game in the midfield hidden forward for ever again...... FMD.

I thought we knew what we were doing and developing the kids but the last month proves we have no flowering idea.

Kennedy still on the club website injury list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crippa wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Named as an emergency and I think he played in practise game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Named as an emergency and I think he played in practise game.

Then that’s disappointing. I thought he was pretty damn good in several games this year. He should be in the side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Polson out is an absolute DISGRACE.

I wanted to see another ne or 2 games from him.

I like the way he attackedd the corridor and provided instinctive run from the backline.

I don't know if he's a keeper, or world beater, but thought he showed good signs.

Enough to take over Simmo? They play different. Simmo seems more of a sweeper. I wanted to see if Polson ha that.

Not the end of the world tho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stranger wrote:
Why are we resting forwards and backs and not midfielders Surely Cripps needs a spell and why is Teague saying we need midfield help and not name any this week the way he is coaching is starting to remind me of Bolton

Interesting point you make Stranger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Lucky Plowman is back in, I was wondering who will play on Papley.

Polson? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I don't like Plowman on Papley.
Papley can turn on a dime.
I don't buy in that Plowman is the best we have on small forwards; maybe if we had 6 tall defenders.

We need someone quick, nimble, aggressive, defensive mindset.

Rodney Hogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BIBI01 wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
The kid shut Thomas and slowed Hill out of the games the past 2 weeks and also attacked well.
I’m gutted for him more then anything and it just shows how biased some coaches can be. This kid should have played for the rest of the year and encouraged. We have no idea how to develop players.

don't disagree he was a little stiff to get dropped but i don't think he shut thomas down at all
thomas managed to get 5 shots on goal and kicked 2 goals 3 as well as having 9 score involvements
he's kicked 4 goals 3 all season and averaged 3 score involvements. fair to say he had an influence on the result

Williamson started on Thomas and played him back into form.

Thank you for answering my question from last week.

Thomas kicked 2 goals 3 or vice versa. Who was on him before Polson closed him down?

Yep. It was Willo. I didn't want to make the point, despite being obvious. Interesting no one mentioned it.

Don't come at me. Go at Willo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CC1961 wrote:
BIBI01 wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
The kid shut Thomas and slowed Hill out of the games the past 2 weeks and also attacked well.
I’m gutted for him more then anything and it just shows how biased some coaches can be. This kid should have played for the rest of the year and encouraged. We have no idea how to develop players.

don't disagree he was a little stiff to get dropped but i don't think he shut thomas down at all
thomas managed to get 5 shots on goal and kicked 2 goals 3 as well as having 9 score involvements
he's kicked 4 goals 3 all season and averaged 3 score involvements. fair to say he had an influence on the result

Williamson started on Thomas and played him back into form.

yeah, i saw that.
Williamson wandered around like he was checking out the lunar surface for the first time.

He just wasn't on the job.

This is when I started thinking he is no Defender, and maybe should be tried on the wing. He's got pace to burn and his one sidedness is less of a liability further up the ground.

I like Willo,and believe he can overcome some of his weaknesses to be our HBF in the next flag, BUT he has to earn that spot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Plowman didn’t do a bad job of getting Stephenson into form, but it was an outlier, Stephenson was putrid the following week, like he was the preceding 10 weeks before he played on Plowman.

Plowman plays too loose for mine.

He's a good defender, but I'm just pointing out areas of his game that needs improvement for our tilt for No 17.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:

He is only 21yo this year.

I hope we work with him, get him stronger, hungrier and fit enough to make repeat efforts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Maybe Paddy just doesn't want it badly enough. Was gifted games early, got a chance 2 weeks ago and didn't work hard enough to capitalise on it.

That's all I can put it to

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I don't buy in that Plowman is the best we have on small forwards; maybe if we had 6 tall defenders.

Rodney Hogg

I think we'll continue with our future planning and play Simpson on Papley :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Rodney Hogg

Hoggy can come off the long run at him.
:razz:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If Kennedy is fit, he should be playing. He has had a pretty good year with limited exposure.
Versatile as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
If Kennedy is fit, he should be playing. He has had a pretty good year with limited exposure.
Versatile as well.

And the type you want taking on the Swans given their contested game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next