Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

It’s a balmy Spring evening in Melbourne.
I need a walk to calm down. Oh that’s right we can’t :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Not once did I see in the 2nd half Dow, Fisher, SPS, Martin or anyone else apart from the same 4 in the middle. It makes me sick.
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY KILLED SPS .
Why play Dow as your HF you might as well play Cunningham
WHAT IS TEAGUE DOING????
We are killing our young onball talent coz they no longer play like they did last season.
When David took over he moved players during games NOW its the total opposite.
Just exactly how many times in the 2nd half did we attend the centre bounce.
3 times in the 2nd quarter
5 times in the last.
You keep banging on about this but it is irrelevant.
Once the ball is bounced they are basically all midfielders .
Centre clearance were 6 to 7 all game.
These blokes you say Teague is killing are killing themselves by not running hard enough and presenting.
Look at Walsh he runs harder than anyone and he gets the ball.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So your happy with a midfield rotation of 5 players??
Cripps,Murphy, Ed,Setterfield, Walsh, Newnes
It's a bit hard for a forward pocket to run like Walsh who plays WING.
Everytime Fisher is around the ball something happens.
Why play DOW if your gonna use him as a HF. might as well play Cunningham.
Cripps isn't running hard back. We only have Ed and Walsh as our hard running on ballers.

Why waste all these high end draft picks on midfielders who have speed and power which we clearly lack and yet 1 is at HB, another in a forward pocket, 3 wasting away in scratch matches and another at HF.

So don't blame the kids when they hardly play in there.
Remember when David took over HE said "Play to your strengths "

Well I would have thought an elite junior midfielders strengths are actually playing MIDFIELD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

So many thought GWS would wipe the floor with us and we’d be putting the cue in the rack. Fact is; we didn’t. We were up to our eyeballs in it. It hurts that 2 weeks in a row we’ve failed the pressure test and seen our finals hopes disappear as a result. I think some need to pull their head in though and realise we don’t need to scorch the earth. We’re clearly improved on last year. We’re pieces away from being a consistently good team. That’s a good position to be in from where we’ve been in the past.

We lack a class midfielder. We all hope one of Setterfield, Dow, SPS, Stocker etc can step up and become that player. If they can’t, it won’t be the end of the world. There’s a draft every year, there’s a trade period every year. There will be opportunities to fill this hole. There’s another pre-season for Teague to embed his plan. We clearly lack the ability to make the most of our forward entries. That can be improved. Probably not in-season in the current environment, but the pre-season presents a great opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

cecil89 wrote:
So many thought GWS would wipe the floor with us and we’d be putting the cue in the rack. Fact is; we didn’t. We were up to our eyeballs in it. It hurts that 2 weeks in a row we’ve failed the pressure test and seen our finals hopes disappear as a result. I think some need to pull their head in though and realise we don’t need to scorch the earth. We’re clearly improved on last year. We’re pieces away from being a consistently good team. That’s a good position to be in from where we’ve been in the past.

We lack a class midfielder. We all hope one of Setterfield, Dow, SPS, Stocker etc can step up and become that player. If they can’t, it won’t be the end of the world. There’s a draft every year, there’s a trade period every year. There will be opportunities to fill this hole. There’s another pre-season for Teague to embed his plan. We clearly lack the ability to make the most of our forward entries. That can be improved. Probably not in-season in the current environment, but the pre-season presents a great opportunity.

The frustration isn't about the quality of football we play (although that has been dogshit for a long time), but what goes on upstairs.

All the talent and training in the world will get us nowhere if we don't actually HTFU.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Everything can get [REDACTED].

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Humpers wrote:
Dow and SPS not up to it unfortunately. Now that we can't play finals need to get games into LOB, Philp, TDK and Honey. Put Cripps in cotton wool and get him right for next year.

After the excessive Media for a 21yo, If I was Dow I would have given it everything with vigour till I ran out of fuel.

I would've attacked every contest with vigour.

He didn't. I want to see more of him, just not like tonight.

"Carlton, Pick 3 Patrick Dow"
(Commentator)
Dow is an exciting inside midfelder with pace etc etc.
Carlton:
"Lets play him as a half forward flanker."

Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
Gutless
Hopeless
Brainless
Why do we bother - the players certainly dont effung care..they all need effing whack around the ears after that
Why do we effing bother?

Why don't you answer your effing phone at half time?

I tried but you didn’t come through - and tried to reply on laptop but also didn’t work....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

Any suggestions about how to make the pain of heartache and disappointment go away?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Two second half goals total since Duke came back to the forum. Right wing talking points and shit posting through the roof though. Has allowed Syd Blue to rest up forward and kick a few cheapies without having to do the heavy lifting.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Garry Crane

The sad thing about losing is listening to that muppet Kane Cornes talk trash about every Carlton player

Harry Vallence

CFC8795 wrote:
Any suggestions about how to make the pain of heartache and disappointment go away?

Watch paul Murray live?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 pm 
Garry Crane

Stefchook wrote:
Harry's set shot kicking. He started off kicking pretty well, but you could see his confidence seeping away as the misses continued to mount.

I wish my missus would continue to mount.

Sigh. I have no joy. No joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Why are people angry and surprised?
We were never going to win that game. In a game where the opposition scores two goals for three quarters, you make sure they can't kick three to win the game in the last.
How?
Well for a start you drop back an extra man behind the footy so the ball can't get out the back, which it did three times.
I blame Teague for the loss. He is all structure and no match day flexibility. Cameron altered his team structure TWICE during the game to turn things around and Teague sat and watched like hr did last week. Teams get a run on because he has no idea how to put the brakes on, No idea.

Have a look at the centre bounces 75% of the time.
Cripps, Murphy, Ed.
Cripps Murphy, Ed
Cripps Murphy Ed.

Cripps couldn't get near it,
Murphy did OK again but turned it over three times early in the third.
Ed got poleaxed and was running around like a headless chook for a quarter and half. Meanwhile we have SPS rotting away in defence, Martin flashing in and out of the game, Polson and Cottrell who are hard bodies, Eddie who kept falling over at the ctitical moment and Setterfield who we know is a clearance player. Nothing,
Cripps, Murphy and Ed.

In the last three weeks, McKay has kicked something like 3-8. His hands were on tonight again but he has NFI about how to take a set shot.

The team is mentally shot. Has to be,
The pervading thought after the opposition kick a couple on the trot must now be,
'Here we go again.'
It certainly is with the supporters and commentators.

I haven't seen the presser but I can almost here it.

"We didn't take our opportunities when they came late in the game.
W wanted to play our way but in the end they got on top in the contested possessions and clearances.
We came out expecting to win nut just couldn't get the job done."

Sydney next up with their new game style running the footy. They will beat us for run and carry. We stopped that after the Bulldogs game. It was too successful. Run and carry, use the corridor and hit up a leading forward. It all looked so promising compared to the chippy chippy down the boundary and then bomb it long to (Haynes) and hope for a spill. That's the Malthuose formula from the last Collingwood premiership. Not even Collingwood still does it. Bolts did it after MM brought it over. Now Teague has fallen for it.

I watched the Collingwood game until I couldn't sand it anyy longer and the TV was in danger of having a coffee mug thrown at it. I watched this game impassively tonight waiting for the inevitable collapse.
The team is soft.
The club is a shell of its former self on field but the board is happy because we are heading towards being debt free.
I am just about done after supporting them since I was eleven, 59 years ago. It's almost like the day you realise your marriage is over.

Oh come come now.

At you age, you know it's just a game. A hobby.

Rod Ashman

Stranger wrote:
The sad thing about losing is listening to that muppet Kane Cornes talk trash about every Carlton player

You flatter him calling him a muppet :smoking:

Stephen Kernahan

cecil89 wrote:

With incredible respect, we were in it because they kicked 2-10 and we had 4-0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Humpers wrote:
Dow and SPS not up to it unfortunately. Now that we can't play finals need to get games into LOB, Philp, TDK and Honey. Put Cripps in cotton wool and get him right for next year.

After the excessive Media for a 21yo, If I was Dow I would have given it everything with vigour till I ran out of fuel.

I would've attacked every contest with vigour.

He didn't. I want to see more of him, just not like tonight.

"Carlton, Pick 3 Patrick Dow"
(Commentator)
Dow is an exciting inside midfelder with pace etc etc.
Carlton:
"Lets play him as a half forward flanker."

At least Pagan would have played him onball as a tagger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

sammywaslow wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Harry's set shot kicking. He started off kicking pretty well, but you could see his confidence seeping away as the misses continued to mount.

Sigh. I have no joy. No joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

sammywaslow wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

Don’t we all :smoking:

Last edited by CFC8795 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Why are people angry and surprised?
We were never going to win that game. In a game where the opposition scores two goals for three quarters, you make sure they can't kick three to win the game in the last.
How?
Well for a start you drop back an extra man behind the footy so the ball can't get out the back, which it did three times.
I blame Teague for the loss. He is all structure and no match day flexibility. Cameron altered his team structure TWICE during the game to turn things around and Teague sat and watched like hr did last week. Teams get a run on because he has no idea how to put the brakes on, No idea.

Have a look at the centre bounces 75% of the time.
Cripps, Murphy, Ed.
Cripps Murphy, Ed
Cripps Murphy Ed.

Cripps couldn't get near it,
Murphy did OK again but turned it over three times early in the third.
Ed got poleaxed and was running around like a headless chook for a quarter and half. Meanwhile we have SPS rotting away in defence, Martin flashing in and out of the game, Polson and Cottrell who are hard bodies, Eddie who kept falling over at the ctitical moment and Setterfield who we know is a clearance player. Nothing,
Cripps, Murphy and Ed.

In the last three weeks, McKay has kicked something like 3-8. His hands were on tonight again but he has NFI about how to take a set shot.

The team is mentally shot. Has to be,
The pervading thought after the opposition kick a couple on the trot must now be,
'Here we go again.'
It certainly is with the supporters and commentators.

I haven't seen the presser but I can almost here it.

"We didn't take our opportunities when they came late in the game.
W wanted to play our way but in the end they got on top in the contested possessions and clearances.
We came out expecting to win nut just couldn't get the job done."

Sydney next up with their new game style running the footy. They will beat us for run and carry. We stopped that after the Bulldogs game. It was too successful. Run and carry, use the corridor and hit up a leading forward. It all looked so promising compared to the chippy chippy down the boundary and then bomb it long to (Haynes) and hope for a spill. That's the Malthuose formula from the last Collingwood premiership. Not even Collingwood still does it. Bolts did it after MM brought it over. Now Teague has fallen for it.

I watched the Collingwood game until I couldn't sand it anyy longer and the TV was in danger of having a coffee mug thrown at it. I watched this game impassively tonight waiting for the inevitable collapse.
The team is soft.
The club is a shell of its former self on field but the board is happy because we are heading towards being debt free.
I am just about done after supporting them since I was eleven, 59 years ago. It's almost like the day you realise your marriage is over.

Great post and sums us up so well. Teague has been exposed in nearly all our losses. We have been in a winning position against the best teams but totally unable to adjust to opposition changes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 pm 
Garry Crane

Most of our younger players lack confidence I reckon Bolton caused it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next