Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cecil89 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Plowman out is a huge out. I also have no doubt, he has been carrying something, hence not getting up for this one. If GWS play Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson and Riccardi forward, we might need to put Setterfield back. Robbing Pete to pay Paul but no other option and please don’t raise Casboult or McGovern.

Yep, without Marchbank and/or Plowman we lack a third tall defender. Williamson and Docherty will both probably have to play against bigger opponents. Levi would be there if the need arises, but I wouldn’t expect him to start back; Teague’s unlikely to alter our structure in reaction to theirs. Perhaps Macreadie could be a late change too.

Maybe Cripps plays forward and Levi goes back.
Kennedy comes in perhaps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Plowman out is a huge out. I also have no doubt, he has been carrying something, hence not getting up for this one. If GWS play Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson and Riccardi forward, we might need to put Setterfield back. Robbing Pete to pay Paul but no other option and please don’t raise Casboult or McGovern.

Yep, without Marchbank and/or Plowman we lack a third tall defender. Williamson and Docherty will both probably have to play against bigger opponents. Levi would be there if the need arises, but I wouldn’t expect him to start back; Teague’s unlikely to alter our structure in reaction to theirs. Perhaps Macreadie could be a late change too.

ummmm, don't think we want that...
"Cripps going forward" assumes he would be required to shoot for goal; he has utterly failed to ensure that that is profitable for us - 4 from 12 this year isn't good enough particularly for a captain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CC1961 wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

"Cripps going forward" assumes he would be required to shoot for goal; he has utterly failed to ensure that that is profitable for us - 4 from 12 this year isn't good enough particularly for a captain.

True, but I do wonder how much of that is fatigue. If he plays as a traditional full forward, maybe he won't be as knackered when he takes his kicks. Of course he would be required to chase and apply forward pressure. I just think he is clearly not 100% healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:40 pm 
Ken Hands

Not really expecting to win , but I want to see a full 4 quarter effort . Concentrate for four quarters.No flying the white flowering flag . Just play with some pride in the jumper , some passion and commitment, you never what might happen . Believe in yourself and your teammates.GO BLUES.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
CC1961 wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

True, but I do wonder how much of that is fatigue. If he plays as a traditional full forward, maybe he won't be as knackered when he takes his kicks. Of course he would be required to chase and apply forward pressure. I just think he is clearly not 100% healthy.

Fair points. We certainly could do with some more ball-getting skills in that forward arc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:
we need to lower our eyes going forward that has been our problem

For that to happen, you have to move the ball quicker than we have been (otherwise there's no space) and you need someone to lead at the ball carrier. Our forwards don't do it often enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm happy to have Mcgovern back in the team but I just hope he's fit. Russell knows best I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
CC1961 wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Misses shots from 30-40 directly in front, usually fading to the left after 15 minutes play. Not fatigue.

Last year in the last quarter against Pies he kicks a long goal from 50 in the last. Had 34 possessions.

He approaches goal with a lack of confidence or over confident. Which one? Why? He said end of last year he was going to do a lot of work on goal kicking. Did he?

Really embarrassing. I don't know why he cals for it when he is more than 30 metres out in front.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 pm 
Bert Deacon

hey blue vain ,it is up to our forward coach and others to come up with a winning strategy for tonight ,i hope or we

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:33 pm 
Robert Walls

I have a theory that Cripps is carrying a groin injury. He doesn't get any power behind his kicks, which means they fade after 25 meters. He also rarely lets rip in general play. He almost always goes the shorter option or handballs.
I think if he took his shots from about 20 out he'd nail them...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ferdinand wrote:
keogh wrote:
This club is @#$%&! clueless
DeKoning
This guy has been a ray of light and needs all the experience against a variety of opponents
Pittonet has been terrible lately
Good to see Cottrell
Sick of Guys handed games too
Same old same old

See I think if TDK played tomorrow they'd be loathe to play him next Tuesday against the Swans. Either way I think he misses one of these two games. Pittonet was very ordinary against the Pies, but I think this selection is a consequence of the fixture as much as anything. Your thoughts?

Spot on. 3 games in 10 days starting tonight. If playing 1 ruckman is preferred, neither is playing all 3.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
I have a theory that Cripps is carrying a groin injury. He doesn't get any power behind his kicks, which means they fade after 25 meters. He also rarely lets rip in general play. He almost always goes the shorter option or handballs.

I thought this a few weeks ago. he was running free in space, no pressure, and got crappy penetration on a kick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluechampion wrote:

Wouldn't we all nail them from 20 out? :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

CFC8795 wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Wouldn't we all nail them from 20 out? :smoking:

Brilliant!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Swannies up by 28 at half time. Dees with a big breeze in the 3rd qtr though. Swans win then a win for us will only put us out of the 8 on percentage. Would make tonight an "8 point game". Win, and we are right in it, lose and we're 2 games out and probably shot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
Swannies up by 28 at half time. Dees with a big breeze in the 3rd qtr though. Swans win then a win for us will only put us out of the 8 on percentage. Would make tonight an "8 point game". Win, and we are right in it, lose and we're 2 games out and probably shot.

Swannies by 21 at 3/4 time with breeze at their back. Dare to dream....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:27 pm 
John James

What I would like to see today:
1. Dow breakaway from packs and deliver lace out to our forwards
2. Polson take on the game and run out of defence and deliver to a team mate
3. Harry work a lot harder and present more often.
4. Cripps rest up forward and kick straight for goal
5. Martin take the game on and show just how good he might be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Beijing Blue wrote:
What I would like to see today:
1. Dow breakaway from packs and deliver lace out to our forwards
2. Polson take on the game and run out of defence and deliver to a team mate
3. Harry work a lot harder and present more often.
4. Cripps rest up forward and kick straight for goal
5. Martin take the game on and show just how good he might be.

That all sounds simple enough. Let's do that :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

MIL wrote:
jim wrote:

Swannies by 21 at 3/4 time with breeze at their back. Dare to dream....
Opens it up again for us. just hope the 4 day break doesn't flatten us. Right now we can dare to dream. Hopefully we can dream big in 3 hours.

Let's hope the Swannies both bury them and tire themselves out in the Cairns humidity for us in 5 days.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Swans are just coming into form for next week :hitcomputer:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next