Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

Can’t keeping backing the players after that last qtr effort.

Beat us on the Contested ball and pressure acts.

And we lack zip on the outside

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

jake_h03 wrote:
Playing 2 ruckmen is playing 1 short.

We need one of Charlie or McGovern back and Pittonet out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agree, said during the week this would be the reason if we lost.
With our lack of midfield depth we can't afford 2 rucks. Add to this that cas plays better when he gets a run as second ruck.

Jones
Walsh
Betts

Can hold their heads high, not many others

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Bring back Cottrell at least he has a bit of mongrel about him. That’ll bring us to a grand total of 1/22 with mongrel if he plays

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Playing 2 ruckmen is playing 1 short.

We need one of Charlie or McGovern back and Pittonet out

Levi seems to play better when he rucks part time.

Always has. Gets to run around the ground and hand on the ball. Then takes that confidence back to the forward line. Since we've played 2 rucks he's struggled. Have to drop a ruck next week. Like TDK but we're up against Mummy on Thursday.

Who cares. Season is gone. Play TDK he is the future. Ceiling is 10x higher than Pittonet

Season's not gone, just a game out but admittedly it's alot tougher now. Only a 4 day break for GWS.

Agree the TDK is the future.

Mathematically it’s not but we’re miles off. We need to develop for next year and beyond. Honestly couldn’t care less if we make finals or not this year, we will be making up the numbers. I want premierships. Play the players who are most likely to be part of our next premiership team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:23 pm 
Banned

This is a young team that needs more experience in finals like games until they're mentally hardened... Collingwood outfit are veterans.

We get another opportunity for that type of taste and experience on Thursday

Probably missing Kennedy and Dow well, wouldn't drop him but needs to start impacting.

Not wanting to single out Dow when Martin, Gibbons, Murphy, Polsen having sub average games but expect more from a top pick and not currently delivering.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
It was like everybody was waiting for someone else to do it...........just waiting and waiting.Until we find bloke who WANT it we are going nowhere.Cant believe i have been so delusional.Up till today i actually believed.More false hope,another false dawn.Got suckered in to fools gold,AGAIN....................sorry,but its another rebuild,AGAIN.

Nothing delusional. A side that's come from the worst rabble imaginable to suddenly playing for a finals spot in 12 months. All they did was shit the bed in their biggest game in years. Part of development. We weren't going from bottom to top 4 in that time. We might win 8 or 9, which is probably more than many expected. Just not ready for the big time yet. Hardwick took 7 years to make Richmond a champion side.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Kennedy for a ruckman today would have been wise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Playing 2 ruckmen is playing

Levi seems to play better when he rucks part time.

Always has. Gets to run around the ground and hand on the ball. Then takes that confidence back to the forward line. Since we've played 2 rucks he's struggled. Have to drop a ruck next week. Like TDK but we're up against Mummy on Thursday.

Who cares. Season is gone. Play TDK he is the future. Ceiling is 10x higher than Pittonet

Season's not gone, just a game out but admittedly it's alot tougher now. Only a 4 day break for GWS.

Agree the TDK is the future.

Mathematically it’s not but we’re miles off. We need to develop for next year and beyond. Honestly couldn’t care less if we make finals or not this year, we will be making up the numbers. I want premierships. Play the players who are most likely to be part of our next premiership team

Fighting it out to the end for a finals spot will help development more than anything. That's how you learn. We've spent too long giving up at the drop of a hat. I want to learn under the most pressure possible so when we likely play better next year we can be prepared mentally as well as physically.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Kennedy for a ruckman today would have been wise

100%

But it’s not hindsight. Could see it a mile away

Last edited by jake_h03 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Yes, and likely Levi would've played better too getting a run on the ball. His form slump has come since we played two rucks. His more a forward/ruck than a full time forward.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

Can some teach Cripps to kick at the right goal post. It seems every shot he has fades left for a behind.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

david31 wrote:
Bring back Cottrell at least he has a bit of mongrel about him. That’ll bring us to a grand total of 1/22 with mongrel if he plays

Gotta agree with that...he’s Robbo MkII. We needed to get more games into other players earlier. Dow and Polson a big ask against regular top 8 side for a finals spot. And we’re not 1 game out we’re 2....check the %

The draft is yet again our hilight of the year. We desperately need a big fish in the trade period...we have huge cap room which we’ll lose after this year. Must be a quality midfielder.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SackedByMack wrote:
Co Captains have been very average in games where we can't afford them to be. I'd be reassessing this at years end.

I've had enough of Plowman, too many errors.

Dow.. what a waste of a draft pick. Adds nothing.

I really hope Charlie can get it together and stay on the park, just so we can piss Casboult off, second efforts are embarrassing at the moment.

I hope this loss hurts, they don't deserve to play finals.

Agree with pretty much all of this.
Would add H. Shitload of ability but very lazy and doesn't play smart.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

This club has been letting me down for twenty years

I went into today’s game with some expectation

Not sure why when we looked ordinary with wins against Freo & Gold Coast

Cripps stating the Blues are back wasn’t a good sign

Not enough belief in this group

Lost the game in the third quarter when we dominated in patches and scored little

Same story with our forward 50 efficiency. Diabolical.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Whipping boys let us down - but we keep picking them and putting some of them on three year contracts.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:
david31 wrote:

Gotta agree with that...he’s Robbo MkII. We needed to get more games into other players earlier. Dow and Polson a big ask against regular top 8 side for a finals spot. And we’re not 1 game out we’re 2....check the %

The draft is yet again our hilight of the year. We desperately need a big fish in the trade period...we have huge cap room which we’ll lose after this year. Must be a quality midfielder.

I really thought Polson and perhaps Dow to a lesser extent would be used for the Swans and Crows games. Big ask to step up from a scratch match to that level.

Polson had some scores kicked on him but I thought his willingness to run and create, and his composure, seemed better than what we'd seen.

Dow seemed to battle to find space, not awful though.

Last edited by Navy Blue Horse on Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
This is a young team that needs more experience in finals like games until they're mentally hardened... Collingwood outfit are veterans.

Carlton 109.5 ave games
Collingwood 94.9

Carlton 9 less than 50, Collingwood 7
Carlton 5 players more than 150 games, Colingwood 3

Carlton 26y, Collingwood 26y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

WOW wrote:
This club has been letting me down for twenty years

I went into today’s game with some expectation

Not sure why when we looked ordinary with wins against Freo & Gold Coast

Cripps stating the Blues are back wasn’t a good sign

Not enough belief in this group

Lost the game in the third quarter when we dominated in patches and scored little

Same story with our forward 50 efficiency. Diabolical.

Correct, same shit , different decade!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:54 pm 
John James

AGRO wrote:
Whipping boys let us down - but we keep picking them and putting some of them on three year contracts.

Yes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm 
John James

Effes wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Carlton 109.5 ave games
Collingwood 94.9

Carlton 9 less than 50, Collingwood 7
Carlton 5 players more than 150 games, Colingwood 3

Carlton 26y, Collingwood 26y

The lack of leadership is an indictment of these senior players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next