Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 5
Respect and much love to Moshe and all of his. One of my favourite posters. Will be sorely missed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:28 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 4156
Some great posts being shared in the thread. Well done to all.

RIP Moshe and sincerest condolences to your family.

Hope the Blues do it for you this week against the old enemy...

_________________
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:02 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:18 pm
Posts: 1201
Vale Moshe
Condolences to his family and friends including those on this forum who knew him.
Rest in Peace

_________________
CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB - SLOWLY PUTTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 13305
Location: threeohfivethree
Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:
A callout to GWS; Agro; BV; Doc S and those who were very lucky to be counted as Moshe's friends- many thanks for the stories you all shared......I feel very touched and humbled to read the stories :thumbsup: :thanks:

And, what a wonderfully erudite and compelling writer he is- thanks to you Agro and Moshe for the experiences shared about the lost decade in the '70s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RIP Moshe.


Thank you for your thoughts but I was a passing acquaintance of Moshe. GWS, Doc, Agro and many others were far closer than I was. No doubt they would be significantly affected and I share your best wishes and thoughts for them. :thumbsup:


Actually he did think of you as a friend or at the very least a great force for good in the world and the only person in here who really had much of a clue about the game. :lol:

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken (1920)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 736
Sydney Blue wrote:
Sad news very sad.
I am going to miss him around here. Moshe and myself never agreed on anything but we had a healthy respect for each other. Every time I posted something I was always waiting for Moshe to correct my spelling or grammar.
I met up with him once at a Swans game in Sydney and prior to the game I was a bit apprehensive about meeting him as we disagreed on everything. However we sat next to each other watch our Blues cop yet another flogging and had a terrific afternoon trying to work out where it all went wrong and strangely enough we agreed on everything. We parted that day with a handshake and went back to the forum disagreeing with each other.

We will miss him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


I just want to acknowledge this is also a beautiful tribute to Moshe: appreciate the humility and warmth.

FWIW, I met Moshe briefly at (the old) Percy's once. And got the same impression others have honoured.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:17 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 13305
Location: threeohfivethree
BigGartos wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Sad news very sad.
I am going to miss him around here. Moshe and myself never agreed on anything but we had a healthy respect for each other. Every time I posted something I was always waiting for Moshe to correct my spelling or grammar.
I met up with him once at a Swans game in Sydney and prior to the game I was a bit apprehensive about meeting him as we disagreed on everything. However we sat next to each other watch our Blues cop yet another flogging and had a terrific afternoon trying to work out where it all went wrong and strangely enough we agreed on everything. We parted that day with a handshake and went back to the forum disagreeing with each other.

We will miss him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


I just want to acknowledge this is also a beautiful tribute to Moshe: appreciate the humility and warmth.

FWIW, I met Moshe briefly at (the old) Percy's once. And got the same impression others have honoured.


Yeah good call BG.

Syd and I go hammer and tongs in here but I think there’s a level of grace there that is beautiful to see.

Moshe told me a number of times how much he enjoyed that day talking to Syd.

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken (1920)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 am 
Offline
John James

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Posts: 613
I've never met anyone here and don't post too often but visit the site every single day. This place and the posters within have helped me through some pretty tough times just by giving me a distraction and many different opinions and views on life and the team I love.

The tributes here are beautiful and show what an impact Moshe has had on so many people. No doubt he would appreciate the discussion about health which has arisen and is so important as well. I for sure will miss reading his posts on a range of topics as they so often prompted deeper thought.

To those that were close to Moshe and are hurting right now I'm so sorry for your loss. May he Rest In Peace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:41 pm
Posts: 62034
GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:
A callout to GWS; Agro; BV; Doc S and those who were very lucky to be counted as Moshe's friends- many thanks for the stories you all shared......I feel very touched and humbled to read the stories :thumbsup: :thanks:

And, what a wonderfully erudite and compelling writer he is- thanks to you Agro and Moshe for the experiences shared about the lost decade in the '70s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RIP Moshe.


Thank you for your thoughts but I was a passing acquaintance of Moshe. GWS, Doc, Agro and many others were far closer than I was. No doubt they would be significantly affected and I share your best wishes and thoughts for them. :thumbsup:


Actually he did think of you as a friend or at the very least a great force for good in the world and the only person in here who really had much of a clue about the game. :lol:


One thing which has struck me is that I was a passing acquaintance to Moshe, a guy in Sydney who happened to share a love of the same team, post in a footy forum, and once gave him a ticket to a match up here in Sydney against GWS (irony alert), yet he made me feel like I was a close friend of his. Moshe often messaged me just to say hi, or happy birthday or similar. Reading the posts here, I'm in a large community of others who he made feel similarly special and blessed.

That's the mark of an incredibly special person. He will remain with me for many years.

Thank you for your memories of Moshe everyone

_________________
And so while others miserably pledge themselves to the pursuit of ambition and brief power, I will be stretched out in the shade, singing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:10 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:52 am
Posts: 12667
Kaptain Kouta wrote:
GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:
A callout to GWS; Agro; BV; Doc S and those who were very lucky to be counted as Moshe's friends- many thanks for the stories you all shared......I feel very touched and humbled to read the stories :thumbsup: :thanks:

And, what a wonderfully erudite and compelling writer he is- thanks to you Agro and Moshe for the experiences shared about the lost decade in the '70s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RIP Moshe.


Thank you for your thoughts but I was a passing acquaintance of Moshe. GWS, Doc, Agro and many others were far closer than I was. No doubt they would be significantly affected and I share your best wishes and thoughts for them. :thumbsup:


Actually he did think of you as a friend or at the very least a great force for good in the world and the only person in here who really had much of a clue about the game. :lol:


One thing which has struck me is that I was a passing acquaintance to Moshe, a guy in Sydney who happened to share a love of the same team, post in a footy forum, and once gave him a ticket to a match up here in Sydney against GWS (irony alert), yet he made me feel like I was a close friend of his. Moshe often messaged me just to say hi, or happy birthday or similar. Reading the posts here, I'm in a large community of others who he made feel similarly special and blessed.

That's the mark of an incredibly special person. He will remain with me for many years.

Thank you for your memories of Moshe everyone


That would have been the match that I bumped into the two of you and had a brief chat for a few minutes. Understandably the only time I had the pleasure of meeting Moshe but a lovely fellow all the same.

It's taking me a while to fully process this. I never had any real personal dealing with Moshe, but he was always around to offer a well reasoned point on the club as it stands now or some great reminiscences of the past, or the grammar and spelling corrections that became so well known here. And yet... there won't be any more of it. I'm going to miss Moshe. I barely knew him, but I'll miss him. And so will the forum.

_________________
Cer 'ch 'n alluog Blues


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:09 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 1167
Very sad news.

Will be greatly missed.

RIP Moshe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:45 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 817
ColourMan wrote:
Very sad news.

Will be greatly missed.

RIP Moshe.


x 2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 26788
Location: Half back flank
GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
He loved that group :thumbsup:


The greatest mosquito fleet in the history of the game. :wink:



I was just thinking about the day you introduced me to moshe, & the mixed look of sadness & sympathy that crossed your faces when I told you I didn't start following footy until 1983 :oops: :lol:

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:41 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 13305
Location: threeohfivethree
CK95 wrote:
GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
He loved that group :thumbsup:


The greatest mosquito fleet in the history of the game. :wink:



I was just thinking about the day you introduced me to moshe, & the mixed look of sadness & sympathy that crossed your faces when I told you I didn't start following footy until 1983 :oops: :lol:


:lol:

Was that in North Fitzroy?

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken (1920)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 26788
Location: Half back flank
Yep, at the Parkview.

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:45 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 27482
Location: The Brown Wedge
This is so sad. Far too young to pass. RIP Moshe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:10 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 34516
Location: seaside
You know, I've come into this thread over a dozen times these last three days and each time left writing nothing. Today I have to.

I never met Moshe, but I knew him for 16 years. Some may say how well can you know someone having not met them, let's see, this is how well I know him.

I know he was well read, that didn't take long to work out. Not that long ago I saw a picture of his library, I mean, the man had a library and not just a couple of shelves, I'm pretty sure I saw a ladder on wheels.

I know he loved robust discussion, especially when he was right. When Moshe was right it was a sight to behold, sit back and watch some poor sap receive a lesson.

I've spoken to many people over the last 16 years, who have had the privilege and great pleasure of meeting Moshe, everyone told me what a beautiful human he was and not everyone lies.

There's only one thing Moshe loved more than Carlton and that's his family, I never met Moshe but I knew that family was everything to him.

To his girls and the single most important person in his life, Helene, I offer my sincerest condolences. Moshe will never be forgotten and will forever remain a part of our family here.

I will miss that big smiling face and that warmth that he was able to convey in just a small paragraph.

I never met Moshe but you know what I'm pretty sure I knew him.

Rest In Peace my brother.

P.S. to Pat, my condolences mate, hope you're keeping well and staying strong, take care please.

_________________
that'siti'mnotchangingthistagain......!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 13305
Location: threeohfivethree
Needs more dots tommi...

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken (1920)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:28 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 14800
tommi wrote:

I know he loved robust discussion, especially when he was right. When Moshe was right it was a sight to behold, sit back and watch some poor sap receive a lesson.



:lol:

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:54 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 4474
Location: Bridge, Starship Enterprise
GWS, you seem to have known moshe the best.

I have never in my time on TC seen a series of posts to a late TCer.

And what a series of posts.

May I suggest, if you think it appropriate that you forward them to his family to show what we all thought of him and how much we grieve ourselves at his passing.

Sympathy at this time can never go astray.

_________________
"Get ready, Teddy - you're on": Ron Barassi half time 1970 Grand Final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:56 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 23632
tommi wrote:
You know, I've come into this thread over a dozen times these last three days and each time left writing nothing. Today I have to.

I never met Moshe, but I knew him for 16 years. Some may say how well can you know someone having not met them, let's see, this is how well I know him.

I know he was well read, that didn't take long to work out. Not that long ago I saw a picture of his library, I mean, the man had a library and not just a couple of shelves, I'm pretty sure I saw a ladder on wheels.

I know he loved robust discussion, especially when he was right. When Moshe was right it was a sight to behold, sit back and watch some poor sap receive a lesson.

I've spoken to many people over the last 16 years, who have had the privilege and great pleasure of meeting Moshe, everyone told me what a beautiful human he was and not everyone lies.

There's only one thing Moshe loved more than Carlton and that's his family, I never met Moshe but I knew that family was everything to him.

To his girls and the single most important person in his life, Helene, I offer my sincerest condolences. Moshe will never be forgotten and will forever remain a part of our family here.

I will miss that big smiling face and that warmth that he was able to convey in just a small paragraph.

I never met Moshe but you know what I'm pretty sure I knew him.

Rest In Peace my brother.




P.S. to Pat, my condolences mate, hope you're keeping well and staying strong, take care please.



wonderful post.
wonderful cos true.

_________________
That’s not a political statement — it’s a harsh reality, and we must act,” she said. “He is a clear and present danger to the things that keep us strong and free. I support impeachment.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group