Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Very even performance..........its the second stringers breaching the gap that is making the difference........always has been the case actually.........when the gap between your top six and your bottom six narrows you are going places.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

ferdinand wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Was last night the first time anyone has mentioned publicly that Weiters should be AA this year?

I thought it had been talked about for at least a month. It’s often self fulfilling once enough people talk about an AA berth for someone there’s plenty of commentators who jump on the bandwagon. He should definitely make the squad at the least. Shouldn’t hurt that Harry torched Collins last night either.

SEN has had a rolling AA team.
Up until last week Weitering was in their team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Melb just lost 8%. the missed opportunities are a bit more evident now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:30 pm 
Robert Walls

GreatEx wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Yep, looked like we had great support in the crowd, was awesome

They weren't supporting us, they were just randomly shouting at bright, shiny things.

BT must've been watching, "The Gods Must Be Crazy"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Melb just lost 8%. the missed opportunities are a bit more evident now.

In this low scoring era you don't have to win or lose by alot to change the percentage significantly. Alot to lose normally with "just" a 28pt loss.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
CK95 wrote:

They weren't supporting us, they were just randomly shouting at bright, shiny things.

BT must've been watching, "The Gods Must Be Crazy"

:lol: that's exactly what I was thinking, was trying to find a way to drop Coca-Cola into the discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
So no fibre involved in there manufacture then.
:clap:

Shouldn't go unrewarded

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
CK95 wrote:

BT is an absolute disgrace.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:36 am 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Rexy wrote:
That guernsey was awesome. Best alternate one we've worn IMHO.

Why wasn't it predominantly navy blue?

:screwy:

I thought it looked like the NBN logo

Good call!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
Was great to be at a winning Blues AFL game in my home town. Until a couple of years ago MrsNTB and I had travelled to Melbourne or Brisbane to watch games over a 10 year period and we did not see Carlton win a game. But in the last few years things have turned around and we have been at three winning Blues games in a row. We were at the West Coast game at Subiaco when Chris Yarran ran amok and Sam Rowe kicked a few goals, then last year at Optus in Perth against Fremantle when Murphy kicked a goal to put us in front with a minute to go. Then tonights' game in Darwin where we controlled the game from start to finish - even if our accuracy was very poor. Am starting to think maybe I am not a jinx anymore.

Was thinking of you and your family...wondering if you made it.

Absolutely rapt for you.

Carlton have a great following up there. Huge footprint of fans.

Enjoy.

Yep Bondi - we were lucky enough to get tickets. However it wasn't easy. The code sent by the club to members did not work for my membership on the NTix site so I had to use MrsNTBs emailed code. Even then I only managed to get 2 Pensioner concession tickets - the NTix site for Carlton Members opened at 11.00am and sold out in a few minutes. Missus could use one concession ticket but even though I am 5 years older I only have a Seniors card and couldn't use a concession ticket. So I drove to the ground on the afternoon when GA tickets were available at the gate. I queued up behind about 15 people and heard that they only had 100 GA tickets for sale. I managed to get 4. We gave the extra concession ticket to one of MrsNTBs friends and the spares I had to my new son in law who got permission to marry my daughter after he announced that he was a crazy mad Carlton supporter. He drove 1,200 Km to get to the game.

You were right about the following - the crowd looked like 80% Carlton supporters. It was incredible to see a large percentage of Aboriginal supporters from remote communities wearing Carlton Polo shirts and T Shirts - and whilst there were quite a few Eddie Betts shirts the vast majority wore Patrick Cripps T Shirts. The crowd roared every time Eddie went near the ball especially when he kicked his goal - they even roared each time he approached the grandstand on his way to the interchange bench.

And I think I have finally completed MrsNTBs conversion from a Bomber to a Blue. She originally supported Essendon* because of Michael Long - as his whole family are close friends (I played footy with his father and a few of his brothers). But after 20 years of buying her a Blues Membership she finally admits that she is a Carlton fan first. Thankfully that will save the expense of a divorce!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

NTBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
Was great to be at a winning Blues AFL game in my home town. Until a couple of years ago MrsNTB and I had travelled to Melbourne or Brisbane to watch games over a 10 year period and we did not see Carlton win a game. But in the last few years things have turned around and we have been at three winning Blues games in a row. We were at the West Coast game at Subiaco when Chris Yarran ran amok and Sam Rowe kicked a few goals, then last year at Optus in Perth against Fremantle when Murphy kicked a goal to put us in front with a minute to go. Then tonights' game in Darwin where we controlled the game from start to finish - even if our accuracy was very poor. Am starting to think maybe I am not a jinx anymore.

Absolutely rapt for you.

Enjoy.

Yep Bondi - we were lucky enough to get tickets. However it wasn't easy. The code sent by the club to members did not work for my membership on the NTix site so I had to use MrsNTBs emailed code. Even then I only managed to get 2 Pensioner concession tickets - the NTix site for Carlton Members opened at 11.00am and sold out in a few minutes. Missus could use one concession ticket but even though I am 5 years older I only have a Seniors card and couldn't use a concession ticket. So I drove to the ground on the afternoon when GA tickets were available at the gate. I queued up behind about 15 people and heard that they only had 100 GA tickets for sale. I managed to get 4. We gave the extra concession ticket to one of MrsNTBs friends and the spares I had to my new son in law who got permission to marry my daughter after he announced that he was a crazy mad Carlton supporter. He drove 1,200 Km to get to the game.

You were right about the following - the crowd looked like 80% Carlton supporters. It was incredible to see a large percentage of Aboriginal supporters from remote communities wearing Carlton Polo shirts and T Shirts - and whilst there were quite a few Eddie Betts shirts the vast majority wore Patrick Cripps T Shirts. The crowd roared every time Eddie went near the ball especially when he kicked his goal - they even roared each time he approached the grandstand on his way to the interchange bench.

And I think I have finally completed MrsNTBs conversion from a Bomber to a Blue. She originally supported Essendon** because of Michael Long - as his whole family are close friends (I played footy with his father and a few of his brothers). But after 20 years of buying her a Blues Membership she finally admits that she is a Carlton fan first. Thankfully that will save the expense of a divorce!

I am glad you got to go the match and see a win.
It was a success and I wonder if the AFL will consider making this game an annual event on this weekend. It makes sense. Gold Coast have been handed a free kick to the NT kids as part of their zone.
It would also give me a reason to go there for a holiday and see the footy at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Coaches Votes:

Marc Murphy - 10
Jack Martin - 4
Sam Walsh - 4
Patrick Cripps - 3
Liam Jones - 3
Harry McKay - 2
Jacob Weitering - 2
Michael Gibbons - 1
Jack Newnes - 1

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wow. Have we done that before?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Seen Marc Murphy play a good game?

;-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

NTBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:

Absolutely rapt for you.

Enjoy.

And I think I have finally completed MrsNTBs conversion from a Bomber to a Blue. She originally supported Essendon** because of Michael Long - as his whole family are close friends (I played footy with his father and a few of his brothers). But after 20 years of buying her a Blues Membership she finally admits that she is a Carlton fan first. Thankfully that will save the expense of a divorce!

Michael Long who supposedly kicked a goal in the '93 GF that was touched by SOS. Pity no replays back then.

About your wife. Mine came from a collingwood supporting family. I put it to her blues or no wedding. :wink:

Forty years later and she is a member, got all the badges, currently upset we can't go, loved Fev then Juddy. Now the whole team.

Just need to know how to handle them. (hope she isn't reading this or I am in big trouble. Like hanging out the washing trouble).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NTBlue wrote:

Absolutely rapt for you.

Enjoy.

And I think I have finally completed MrsNTBs conversion from a Bomber to a Blue. She originally supported Essendon*** because of Michael Long - as his whole family are close friends (I played footy with his father and a few of his brothers). But after 20 years of buying her a Blues Membership she finally admits that she is a Carlton fan first. Thankfully that will save the expense of a divorce!

Michael Long who supposedly kicked a goal in the '93 GF that was touched by SOS. Pity no replays back then.

About your wife. Mine came from a collingwood supporting family. I put it to her blues or no wedding. :wink:

Forty years later and she is a member, got all the badges, currently upset we can't go, loved Fev then Juddy. Now the whole team.

Just need to know how to handle them. (hope she isn't reading this or I am in big trouble. Like hanging out the washing trouble).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's some great Carlton stories to tell around here.

Well done Bluebagger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
It was a success and I wonder if the AFL will consider making this game an annual event on this weekend. It makes sense. Gold Coast have been handed a free kick to the NT kids as part of their zone.
It would also give me a reason to go there for a holiday and see the footy at the same time.

Ditto.

Make it happen Bluebaggers.
Can't let the GCS just takeover our turf after the corrupt AFL just "gave it to them" on a platter.
The AFL remind me of the colonists in Africa. They just went in, no consultation with the locals and drew lines to define new countries regardless of the existing ethnic delineation.

Just make the Darwin Carlton game closer to July than September to take advantage of the perfect weather.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
kezza wrote:

Ditto.

Make it happen Bluebaggers.
Can't let the GCS just takeover our turf after the corrupt AFL just "gave it to them" on a platter.
The AFL remind me of the colonists in Africa. They just went in, no consultation with the locals and drew lines to define new countries regardless of the existing ethnic delineation.

Just make the Darwin Carlton game closer to July than September to take advantage of the perfect weather.

Deliberately to prevent the locals rising up. They made sure there were at least two ethnic or tribal groups who would be too busy arguing to kick out their colonial masters.
TE Lawrence oversaw it in the Middle East after WWI as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

NTBlue wrote:

Awesome that you got to go to the game.

Last para even more awesome!

:beer: