Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

snakehips wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
What Carlton players have played every game this year?
12 games - Cripps, Docherty, Ed Curnow, Casboult, Murphy, Plowman, Newnes, Jones, Weitering, SPS, Setterfield, Walsh & Gibbons
11 games - Betts, Martin
10 games - Pittonet, Williamson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm 
Robert Walls

I’m hoping to get to the game. Hopefully clusters don’t rise and they allow a crowd.

I’m probably on my own but I don’t think anyone should get rested. Now, or during the next frenzy. You get dropped for injury or form.

Otherwise everyone is in this boat together. The mentality should be, we’re playing teams off similar breaks. They’ll be tired too. So forget about that. Let’s go hard every game with our best team on form and play finals this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

9 day break. We will play our best team. Teague said same in his presser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

3 back to back to back games coming up?
We simply have to priortise them based on their ladder position and the way we match up on their game style.
Collingwood after a 9 day break is a no brainer, best 22. It's an 8 point game for us.
Giants have no rucks based on form. Jacobs is over the hill and Mumford is a week to week fitness proposition. Their mids are the key. They are currently down on confidence as a club and will be looking at us for a win. Perhaps it's the time to rest Eddie and go with just TDK and Levi. Bring in Owies, who is kicking goals and a running mid for Pitto. Maybe Dow or O'Brien, even Cottrell, who is an endurance freak and will thrive on the short turnarounds.
Swans are always an issue. They are running the footy more so we will need to decide how to play against them and maybe go taller in the hope we can outmark them. Papley will need to be watched. Is Plowman the one for that or do we bring in someone quicker? Polson might get a chance here. Can Simmo and Murphy back up so soon? We know Ed Curnow can.

This is a big test for the MC. They will have to manage the list carefully while giving us the best chance of winning every week to make the finals. The Collingwood game is the most important because they are above us and we need the 8 points.

We should win this week and then let's watch what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:10 pm 
Robert Walls

My reasoning for beginning to rotate from this week isn't even the physical side of things. It's the mental side. I don't think we were physically flat off the short break going into the Saints game, but I just felt we were mentally flat. Whether that was due to our general mental flakiness or the short break I can't say.

Even though I'd genuinely put in place a rotation policy, I also respect the idea of picking the best 22 for this week, then asking who is up to playing four days later. I hope the environment in the team is such that blokes who are feeling sore or flat can honestly put their hand up and say 'not for me'. Then we pick for position and based on form.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 pm 
Bert Deacon

collingwood easy all we have to do is stop cripp and maynard from defence running with the ball and, wen adams and pendles go down to our fwd line prevent them from handballing there way out. Other words forward line PRESSURE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

LLWWLWLWLLWW.....?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
LLWWLWLWLLWW.....?

Are they some of GWS's Roman numerals?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
verbs wrote:
LLWWLWLWLLWW.....?

Maybe something to do with verbs' French Letters :roll: something to do with size moreso than colour....just sayin'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Sombrero wrote:
verbs wrote:
LLWWLWLWLLWW.....?

I think so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

I would drop Pittonet before Caz - unless we feel we just cannot play TDK against Grundy.
Happy to have a look at Polson in a new position - we tried Jones plenty of times before redeveloping him as a back - so glad were had another look in a new role. And it might mean we can try SPS on a wing.
I think Dow is better than Cotterall or Honey or Philp at this stage, still with plenty of upside. and I agree Owies must be worth a look at some point - or else I am not sure why we have him - not much more he can do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

I was feeling reasonably confident.
Then I read Jon Ralph’s article.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Watching them tonight..... I just hope they don't drag us down to their level... Yeesh

Both are trying to 'out turnover' each other

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

17th Premiership wrote:

What did he say?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bring anywhere near our best and we win. They are ordinary.

Noble
Cox
Ruscoe
Appleby
Cameron
Mayne
Magden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:55 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Stop Pendles, we win.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

CFC8795 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

What did he say?

Jon Ralph analyses the 16 reasons Carlton fans can be cautiously optimistic the club’s never-ending rebuild is finally over
They’ve shocked Geelong and defied the odds to be a finals contender with five games to play. With season-defining games against Collingwood and GWS in store, Jon Ralph analyses why Carlton fans should be optimistic the tide has finally turned.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... c48990eee0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

17th Premiership wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

What did he say?

Jon Ralph analyses the 16 reasons Carlton fans can be cautiously optimistic the club’s never-ending rebuild is finally over
They’ve shocked Geelong and defied the odds to be a finals contender with five games to play. With season-defining games against Collingwood and GWS in store, Jon Ralph analyses why Carlton fans should be optimistic the tide has finally turned.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... c48990eee0

Thanks. That’s all we need is for Jon Ralph to jump on our bandwagon :smoking:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Arnhem blues wrote:
I would drop Pittonet before Caz - unless we feel we just cannot play TDK against Grundy.
Happy to have a look at Polson in a new position - we tried Jones plenty of times before redeveloping him as a back - so glad were had another look in a new role. And it might mean we can try SPS on a wing.
I think Dow is better than Cotterall or Honey or Philp at this stage, still with plenty of upside. and I agree Owies must be worth a look at some point - or else I am not sure why we have him - not much more he can do.

I’d definitely be dropping Pitonnet before Cas. Levi is perfectly capable of giving TDK a chop out in the ruck and offers way more as a marking target. I have a feeling TDK might have a point to prove against Grundy

I think Cottrell has to go. Not that he’s been that bad but we have Dow and Cunners out of the side and they surely offer more right now than Cottrell. Cottrell’s ball use has been a bit concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Collingwood looked pleased with themselves in the rooms after their win tonight over the Kangaroos.
All the better next week when we knock them off!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next