Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 am 
Robert Walls

Forecast for more rain next weekend over here (albeit a long way out).

Dow in for Martin
Gov or Harry if fit in for Pitto if he doesn't get up

Leave TDK in for the rest of the year and Cottrel did enough to keep his spot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Lets hope things change this week.

We might not have Naiffen "Cheats" Williamson umpire for some relief....or even better, he is relegated to a lower league still in lockdown

Williamson? I thought it was Cunningham

I'm quoting someone else. I read it today.
I asked the question who was No. 22.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

All good bondi. I was just taking the piss out of BT's commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:19 pm 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
I notice the Cats have started resting players. Even though we've got injuries is it time for us to consider the following

Doc
Eddie
Pitto
Levi

Cats had three weeks of 4-5 day breaks.

We have had between 6-9 day breaks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
We all know what is going to happen
tight first ten minutes then we go in at 1/4 time with a two goal lead
We will get the first goal in the 2nd quarter giving us a 3 goal break
Levi will then mark the ball 35 out on a slight angle and miss everything - ball will go coast to coast and goal Freo
Next centre bounce Cripps will be held off the ball they win the clearance ball hits the deck a Cerra will fake a head high tackle - goal
Ball in dispute for about five minutes ball will go forward Simpson or SPS will be pinged HTB about 45 out on an angle - Plowman will mouth off and there will be a 50 - scores level
Cripps will then try take on 20 Freo players turn the ball over - Goal other end
Jones will take a great mark then decide to switch to a 3 on 1 in the middle turn over goal
Cripps moves forward takes the mark in front of the pack 30 out directly in front - misses
From the kick in ball goes coast to coast - goal

Game over just playing out for time

Paging Blueman...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:26 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Pittonet was off the ground for a long time, Martin is clearly injured, Cripps looks injured, and looked quite dazed after Nic Nat slammed his head into the ground when he didn’t have the ball (no free of course)

Out:
- Martin (injured), Pittonet and Cripps (rested)

In:
- Dow, Gov, Harry

If one of Gov or Harry don’t get up then try Owies.

I wouldn’t rest Eddie, he’s applying pressure all over the ground and involved in multiple goals assists every game. It’s also probably his last season and he’s clearly enjoying playing and I’m sure helping the other players push themselves.

Put SPS in the midfield and Murphy to the fwd line.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

I hope we don’t start favourites

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:

That's right. :lol:

I know BT. He's the Brother in law of my best mate.

The family know what I think of some of BT's work when it comes to Carlton commentary.

You wouldn't believe the body of work he did before his first radio gig.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Pittonet was off the ground for a long time, Martin is clearly injured, Cripps looks injured, and looked quite dazed after Nic Nat slammed his head into the ground when he didn’t have the ball (no free of course)

Out:
- Martin (injured), Pittonet and Cripps (rested)

In:
- Dow, Gov, Harry

If one of Gov or Harry don’t get up then try Owies.

I wouldn’t rest Eddie, he’s applying pressure all over the ground and involved in multiple goals assists every game. It’s also probably his last season and he’s clearly enjoying playing and I’m sure helping the other players push themselves.

Put SPS in the midfield and Murphy to the fwd line.

Our forwards applied 30+ tackles in their area, albeit for 0 free kicks.

We need forwards who apply pressure and tackle.
I suppose we also need wing men who run defensively too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:

Yep got that CK and was quite amused by it.

I have regularly commented to MrsNTB that a few of the footy commentators often make comments that reveal that they do not do their homework. They are on very good money so no excuse for the amount of misinformation that they provide. BT - it is too hard to have a copy of the team sheet in front of you whilst commentating.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

That's right. :lol:

I know BT. He's the Brother in law of my best mate.

The family know what I think of some of BT's work when it comes to Carlton commentary.

You wouldn't believe the body of work he did before his first radio gig.

I remember him working in Quincey's motorcycle shop in Elizabeth St.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:07 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Freo have rebuilt their midfield beautifully in the past 3 drafts. Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong. 79 disposals between them last night. All hard defensive runners who can win their own ball or spread offensively when required.
Instead we too often hide our youngsters from the centre square. Yes it's good to have big bodies around the ball but we are too one dimensional and lack burst around the ball.
Freo won kicking 7 goals. They just restricted the opposition to 4. Our backs can only dream of receiving that sort of protection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
Freo have rebuilt their midfield beautifully in the past 3 drafts. Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong. 79 disposals between them last night. All hard defensive runners who can win their own ball or spread offensively when required.
Instead we too often hide our youngsters from the centre square. Yes it's good to have big bodies around the ball but we are too one dimensional and lack burst around the ball.
Freo won kicking 7 goals. They just restricted the opposition to 4. Our backs can only dream of receiving that sort of protection.

Pray how do we hide our youngsters from the centre square?
C'mon, BV. You can say it....
:razz:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:

An interesting stat I read yesterday is we are the only team to have scored 50+ every game this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

An interesting stat I read yesterday is we are the only team to have scored 50+ every game this year.

Which is impressive. But do you think teams are still running periods against us at 70% intensity, knowing that they can put the jets on at some point and get a roll on us? I have no data to back it up - but it seems that the ease with which teams score against us in bursts might suggest they aren't particularly worried about us scoring ourselves.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:25 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
I notice the Cats have started resting players. Even though we've got injuries is it time for us to consider the following

Doc
Eddie
Pitto
Levi

Agree with this, I would at least give Eddie & Levi a break. Bring in Dow & Harry if fit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:37 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Pray how do we hide our youngsters from the centre square?
C'mon, BV. You can say it....
:razz:

I didn't like Teague's comments on Fisher. I haven't disagreed with anything he has said yet, until this point. It's not something that has sat well with me. Some of our youngsters like Fisher, Dow, SpS, O'Brien and Stocker aren't natural forwards or defenders and if we are trying to turn them into 'purely' these roles, we will destroy their careers before they even start. Fremantle is just one example, but it's fresh in my mind from last night, they are showing us the way to 'rotate' and play the kids in their natural positions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

That's a positive stat and I have no doubt about our scoring. Our issue is the goals going the other way. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we were in the 8 yet we had conceded the second most points. Only Adelaide was leaking more points. Apart from the teams that have played more games, that hasn't changed.
Teague likes to play a strong attacking game but it is leaving our defenders up shit creek. We need leg speed in the middle to apply pressure when the ball is going the other way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:52 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

One positive I take from Freo is that Brayshaw and Cerra have only started to hit their straps this year (their 3rd year). They both struggled last year.
Hopefully when Dow and O'Brien get their chance they can do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Humpers wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

One positive I take from Freo is that Brayshaw and Cerra have only started to hit their straps this year (their 3rd year). They both struggled last year.
Hopefully when Dow and O'Brien get their chance they can do the same.

Dow should play this week if Martin is out. Otherwise I suspect no changes.
Freo have decided to come good just at the right time.
I was bullish a few weeks ago because this is probably the most open season i can remember but now I think we will not make the eight and we should look at the options as far as blooding or developing some kids.
Murphy, Ed, Eddie and Simmo could be rotated in and out if necessary.
Maybe Newnes, who has been serviceable and had a couple of nice touches if/when Marchbank is ready.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next