Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Of course they don’t cheat but does not mean they are not incompetent got no feel for the game and are unduly influenced by home
I think umpire 22 is evidence of all of the above
Eleni is similar
Dare I say it but they are making Razor Ray look good and I thought I would never say that in this forum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Lucky Nathan Williamson didn't see it. Shuey would have got the free for contact below the knees.
Carlton thugs

:lol: :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/10/ ... an-fix-it/

I know this is stating the obvious but this is something that has occurred all year. Opposition teams grow in confidence knowing we fall apart as well.

I'm not sure if it's leadership or collectively we just go to water or it's cultural (close enough is good enough), etc. but we just don't work hard enough during these times. We need to go another level and work harder in the contests during this time to take back control, we need to run harder to win the uncontested ball and even (which I really hate) maybe try to slow the game down by controlling the ball, although I know how that will end up - turnovers!!!. How about we try to throw an extra in the midfield at these times, ala Richmond. Do something instead of the usual man behind the ball, which doesn't seem to work for us anyway.

arrggghhh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/10/the-familiar-way-carlton-lose-and-how-they-can-fix-it/

I know this is stating the obvious but this is something that has occurred all year. Opposition teams grow in confidence knowing we fall apart as well.

I'm not sure if it's leadership or collectively we just go to water or it's cultural (close enough is good enough), etc. but we just don't work hard enough during these times. We need to go another level and work harder in the contests during this time to take back control, we need to run harder to win the uncontested ball and even (which I really hate) maybe try to slow the game down by controlling the ball, although I know how that will end up - turnovers!!!. How about we try to throw an extra in the midfield at these times, ala Richmond. Do something instead of the usual man behind the ball, which doesn't seem to work for us anyway.

arrggghhh

I have come to the conclusion that the reason why they are not trying things, is because we don't have the cattle to play Teague's taxing team defense.

This is no Teague Train, No Claksons Cluster, its a full on fluid web.

Our players can't do it for 4 quarters...yet.

Injury isn't helping. That's why we haven't got the cattle developed for that yet.

Kids bring the energy. Philp is electric for nearly 2 quarters.

Don't forget we are carrying 5 old players well into their 30's. They don't speed us up, and other than Ed, can't see them running for required 4 quarters.

Next year.

We might try a few things when we have 4 - 5 day game breaks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

They won because there midfielders got the ball a lot more than ours pure and simple.Kennedy and Setterfield played well,but not well enough.But they are getting there.............are there any kids in the magoos
who can wrack up numbers ?

We went in hard for the ball.We were not frightened.Big plusses for mine coz we were meek and timid in a couple.The new kid i liked a lot.Plenty of jam tart............Tommy did well as i expected.Keep him going.

PS..........reckon Eddie is doing a power of work for the side but is not being rewarded on the score board...................yeah yeah,i know we lost but it was a heartening loss if there is such a thing if you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

yep....

I felt a lot worse after the Hawthorn
loss... the boys played some very nice
football yesterday...!

kindest regards Tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
BTW if you look at the Carlton Twitter feed the following appears a few times.... "PlayerX unlucky not to be awarded a free and it results in a goal to WCE".
add those to the above..

Go Blues

Bring them on. Shows us more. Screenshots?

I don't do Twitter
Sorry Bondi, I'm no 'posting/linking' gun, so I can only cut and paste the words

BUT these are from the official cfc twitter account (not some crazy fan response).... Makes me think they are at least 'trying' to get the message out....

The account is very vanilla, matter of fact in terms of any opinion, so I was pretty surprised to see this stuff..........

TDK very, very unlucky not to win a free kick at one end and Kennedy goals at the other...

WCE 27 CAR 40.

#OwnTheFuture #AFLEaglesBlues

Williamson very, very unlucky not to win two free kicks and Kennedy goals...

WCE 34 CAR 41.

No words.

WCE 40 CAR 41.

The last one was the SPS free I'm pretty sure

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm 
Robert Walls

BigGartos wrote:
Navy One wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
chubbyruss wrote:
Umpire Nathan Williamson(no.22) should be dropped

He should never, ever umpire a Carlton game again. Pure cheat.

You'll hear the better umpires call "He had no prior" when the opposing team appeals for a holding the ball free kick but good ol' hero Nathan just paid a free against Sammo. Not AFL standard .... go umpire your kids in the backyard mate. You're a cheat.

He is not a cheat. And we should be super careful of ever using that word for our umpires.
However, he us a poor umpire. I have seen him for years in the vfl and he pays a few terrible frees every game: he misapplies logic and way too often doesn't use common sense. What we used to call feel for the game.
His rationale to Plow in the goalsquare was that he had no choice but to pay the free against SPS. Of course he had a choice: ball up!
A classic case of young umpires being marked down in development leagues for not paying frees that are technically there. He is the worst in this regard and I hate it when we have him.
I hate feeling so powerless to do anything about the frees we do/don't get but we can't call umps cheats.
But gee my soft furnishings copped it yesterday.

If he's not a cheat, then he's an imbecilic arbiter of the game of AFL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Hornet wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
SPS needed to go through with the facade of attempting to dispose of the ball. Pretend to hit the ball while Darling was holding him. That's the current interpretation and as professional footballers, they should know it. Then the umpire had no chance to pay the free.
The fact that another 20 occasions during there game no penalty was applied is the frustrating part.

That's what I thought at the time... just wiggle around and look like you're making an attempt and he may have created a stoppage. In the end it was a shit decision but it was a shot for goal 50 out on the boundary... until the 50m penalty which was inexcusable.

The rule is a complete clusterf$%^^

If you have no prior and you are wrapped up in tackle where your arms are held to the body...BALL f$%%^^& UP. This ridiculous rule that you have to pretend to handball is an embarrassment

On the other hand, if you are tackled and your hands are free, you're allowed to spin around to assess which is your best option and you are given an eternity to do so. In that case, you've been tackled, you have the opportunity to get rid of the ball...you f%^&& get rid of the ball with first option

The SPS one would've been BALL UP easily 80% of the time. We just copped a WCE barracking imbecile who the corrupt AFL decided to roster on this game to make the call...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:45 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
Lucky Nathan Williamson didn't see it. Shuey would have got the free for contact below the knees.
Carlton thugs

I thought his name was Nathan Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 am 
Bert Deacon

NTBlue wrote:
Cain Liddle should edit the video of this weeks game, send it to the AFL and umpires coach and ask for an explanation as to why decisions were judged in favour of West Coast when they tackled a Carlton player, but when a Carlton player tackled a West Coast player in exactly the same manner it was either a free to West Coast, play on or a ball up. And the video should repeatedly play the trip to Curnow and the slam to the ground of Cripps by NicNat. Maybe if the umpires saw it repeated 30 or 40 times they might pick up the inconsistency.
Think someone might have saved Liddle a few hours in the editing suite NTB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6UCJ6FP3_k&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

snakehips wrote:
NTBlue wrote:
Cain Liddle should edit the video of this weeks game, send it to the AFL and umpires coach and ask for an explanation as to why decisions were judged in favour of West Coast when they tackled a Carlton player, but when a Carlton player tackled a West Coast player in exactly the same manner it was either a free to West Coast, play on or a ball up. And the video should repeatedly play the trip to Curnow and the slam to the ground of Cripps by NicNat. Maybe if the umpires saw it repeated 30 or 40 times they might pick up the inconsistency.

Watching that video makes me furious.
What a joke!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 pm 
Banned

Umpiring was shambolic.

But we gotta move on... what are we going to do, hope we don't get cooked against Freo and give us a fair go.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Humpers wrote:
snakehips wrote:
NTBlue wrote:

Watching that video makes me furious.
What a joke!

infuriating

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm 
Bert Deacon

Our coaches ,coaching panel is getting away with no blame at all. These lapses that we are having during games is occurring for the last2 years. So why isnt the media turning heat or carlton officials calling a meeting and ask questions to the panel(coaches). I think teague needs help and the currant assistant JB needs to go .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:
I think teague needs help and the currant assistant JB needs to go .

I think you're raisin a valid point

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:07 pm 
Robert Walls

It's a feature of AFL in 2020 that teams can get a run on. It happened all across the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Carlton thugs

I thought his name was Nathan Cunningham

Missed this yesterday. Very droll. Nice one BT.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
It's a feature of AFL in 2020 that teams can get a run on. It happened all across the weekend.

I agree. We're seeing it in a lot of games. Teams are able to amp the pressure up to extreme levels because of the shorter quarters but they're unable to sustain it for 4 quarters. It's a matter of how much damage the opposition can do when momentum is running their way. Unfortunately our offensive game style can lend itself to us leaking goals in a hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

We just need to go back to the Big Nick method of '72.

Whatever goals they kick, we just kick more !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next