Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
SPS needed to go through with the facade of attempting to dispose of the ball. Pretend to hit the ball while Darling was holding him. That's the current interpretation and as professional footballers, they should know it. Then the umpire had no chance to pay the free.
The fact that another 20 occasions during there game no penalty was applied is the frustrating part.

That's what I thought at the time... just wiggle around and look like you're making an attempt and he may have created a stoppage. In the end it was a shit decision but it was a shot for goal 50 out on the boundary... until the 50m penalty which was inexcusable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hornet wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
SPS needed to go through with the facade of attempting to dispose of the ball. Pretend to hit the ball while Darling was holding him. That's the current interpretation and as professional footballers, they should know it. Then the umpire had no chance to pay the free.
The fact that another 20 occasions during there game no penalty was applied is the frustrating part.

That's what I thought at the time... just wiggle around and look like you're making an attempt and he may have created a stoppage. In the end it was a shit decision but it was a shot for goal 50 out on the boundary... until the 50m penalty which was inexcusable.

Which Carlton player was responsible for the 50m penalty?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:47 pm 
John Nicholls

cortez wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

What's his name? That name again........ is Mr. ......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

cortez wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

It's not clear who it was paid against but it turned it into a certain goal...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:38 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:

You mean like the west coast player that Levi tackled in our goal square that never made an attempt? Ball up, no prior......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:
When Levi took that mark and the ball was taken off him because the WCE player faked the push in the back the free kick count was 13-7
They took it straight forward kicked a goal and went out to 11 point lead
Free kick count ended up 14-12 but when the game was in the balance it was lop sided

It was a block and it was there, whether it should have been paid is another discussion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I missed the Curnow trip, when did that happens during the game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:

You will find out when Michael Christian reports him today for tripping.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:

Right near the end of the game

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

:lol: :clap: ..... you are obviously living in la la land, right? :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

I haven't seen more blatant tripping since my late 90s rave era

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Shoe-ey

Attachments:
trip.jpg
trip.jpg [ 7.37 KiB | Viewed 2382 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lucky Nathan Williamson didn't see it. Shuey would have got the free for contact below the knees.
Carlton thugs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
Shoe-ey

Ok thanks, I had the sound turned down at this stage and thought Shuey had knocked the ball out of his hands, I missed the trip as I didn’t look....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:52 pm 
Robert Walls

chubbyruss wrote:
Eagles storm home after bright start by the Blues

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eag ... 55k2j.html

Quote:
Late in the first quarter, with Carlton leading by a goal, Sam Petrevski-Seton was penalised for holding-the-ball after he was pinned in a fierce tackle by big Eagles forward Jack Darling.

He was tackled as soon as he took possession of the ball and had no way to move either arm.

Darling not only received the free kick, but also a 50m penalty after at least one of the Blues near the play questioned the decision made by umpire Nathan Williamson.

Umpire Nathan Williamson(no.22) should be dropped

That is the same umpire who last week against Hawthorn initially signaled throw-in then inexplicably changed his mind to deliberate despite no Hawthorn player or fans calling for it! He then went on to crucify us for the rest of the game (same as this week).

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Some of the conspiracy theory shit in this thread is amazing. Lockdown is clearly having an effect on your emotional well being.

Umpires don't cheat. The fact that they're from WA makes no difference. They make mistakes, and the AFL has tied themselves in knots with the rules, but that's where it ends.

Generally I thought we played well, and didn't get beaten because we [REDACTED] up. They're a good side and got a run on and we had very little luck (injuries and umpiring).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I can't recall a game in recent memory - (Not even the Clarkson comments) where the umpiring has been called into questioning so much
The recent Cripps attention drew some media attention but this one is all over the press .

I think Whately sums it up here pretty well but when you call it one way and not the other it makes it seem even more lopsided

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... ec38c0bac6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Some interesting analysis via SEN…

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/10/ ... an-fix-it/

Quote:
…On Sunday afternoon at Optus Stadium, the Blues started the third quarter with a quick Zac Fisher goal from the opening centre bounce, giving them a 19-point lead. Josh Kennedy responded with the first of the Eagles five consecutive goals at the 5-minute mark.

Over the next 12 minutes of play the Blues played their emerging brand of football. They took the game on off half back and had considerable periods of locking the ball in their forward half.

The Eagles second goal came from a scrappy ground ball play in their forward 50, where Jake Waterman showed good composure to find Josh Kennedy. Kennedy kicked truly with under four minutes remaining in the quarter.

Momentum is identified by players and coaches most readily by the scoreboard but also by the “feel” of the game. An opponent might have a run of inside 50s where they cannot score, but the momentum is clearly on their side.

At this stage of the third quarter the Blues would only have had minor concerns. The quarter had largely been played in their half, though Kennedy had now had two shots at goal in quick succession.

Centre bounce is the best opportunity to either capitalise and negate momentum swings. A won centre clearance gets the ball inside forward 50, creating both an opportunity to score or to lock the ball in the forward half with a stoppage…

(read the article)

…The structural components for the Blues were good, but small lapses in execution – bodywork at the centre bounce, allowing the ball over the back from a long kick down the line – keep the Blues under pressure.

The Blues 19-point lead is now an 11-point deficit, in the space of 19 minutes of football.

The author highlights a particular passage of play where Tim Kelly found space in the middle.

Not sure what Kelly's overall numbers were for the game, but there were certainly a few instances of him being afforded too much freedom that resulted in scores for them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
I can't recall a game in recent memory - (Not even the Clarkson comments) where the umpiring has been called into questioning so much
The recent Cripps attention drew some media attention but this one is all over the press .

I think Whately sums it up here pretty well but when you call it one way and not the other it makes it seem even more lopsided

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... ec38c0bac6

What about the frees that were not paid? NicNat comes to mind. He may have dropped the ball 3 times without any penalty. AFL are deluded if they think the umpires are performing well. Unfortunate bad umpiring tends to favour the good teams/players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next