Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 pm 
Banned

They played like uncoordinated drunks....an aberration if the first 10 rounds are any indication

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
I’ve sat through some horror shows over the years but that was @#$%&! putrid. Just @#$%&! putrid.

We go from playing really well to an absolute rabble in the space of a quarter. An indictment on everyone, players and coaches.

Midfield got absolutely smashed. They murdered us, inside and out.

Horrible performance all round. We had zero winners for mine. Zero.

Pretty much just sat there dumbfounded from halfway through the second quarter. Struggling to comprehend wtf I was witnessing.

Just when you think the dark days might be over.... :mad: :banghead: :donk: :confused: :hitcomputer: :yikes:

At the moment we have no midfield... when Cripps stopped dominating (through weight of numbers) we crumbled

When the game had to be won, we started the last quarter with Cripps, Curnow and Murphy....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Now can we make some changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Need to change team after that performance
Moore no for a start give TDK a go
Hopefully Fish Dow and O’Brien start putting the pressure on because we can’t keep dishing that up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

For me, Teague was entirely out coached by Clarko.
We had a great first quarter where we played the game on our terms, then like last week, they changed the narrative and we were forced to play the opposition teams game plan. And the only glimpse of hope was once in the 3rd and once in the 4th when we changed from Hawthorns chip kick/kicking down the line game to an attacking running handball game (playing to our strengths).
Our game plan and how to dismantle it is too predictable now. It's time for Teague to step it up and change tactics during a game, instead of boasting to the media he thought we played a better game against a team that we should have flogged last week than the game against Port.
And he should've know Pittonet would get flogged by their rucks, I mean he was 3rd in line there for a reason.
And because of this, it just boggles the mind to why TDK did not replace Moore. At least we know TDK can ruck and run. #nomoreMoore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Some of our best football this year has been exquisite, better than most teams can hope to produce, but at the other end of the scale some of our football is barely AFL standard. Sometimes we get both in the same game. Some games we can't miss a target, others we can't get within 10m of a target. As Beverige said, our efficiency inside 50 was off that charts, other days it's plainly hopeless.

Those gaps we have to close.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm 
Robert Walls

A TC Poster:
"We should kill some of them, cripple others and sterilize the lot of them so they don't ever have children. Also, they should be marched up and down the street so that I, a paying member who has bled for the club (I once fell over a skinned my knee after too many mid-strength beers at Marvel Stadium), can berate them in person. Especially the ones we've already killed. Then they should have to drown a baby so that they know how I feel right now. Bereft. Alone. Disgusted."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

How do people feel about Ed Curnow?

He gets a heap of credit for the role that he plays, but I feel there is a fine balance between this and needing a midfielder that contributes more with the ball in hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

An absolute shocker tonight. Just didn't look interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MPH78 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
What a disgraceful load of crap that game was.

Thinking of heading to Joondalup and delivering the review myself.

i just watched it, very dull

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 pm 
Garry Crane

bosman wrote:
Make them watch the replay over and over again while stuck in the hub, no day spa’s for them...

While listening to hawks club song, blindfolded on a bus? Wth man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:21 pm 
Horrie Clover

Does it soften the hurt to know we aren’t the worst team playing Friday night footy?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

31-0 up and then to lose by 31 is some pretty serious shit.

But yeah .... eat shit Essendon*

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

Incredibly frustrating this club. Every time you think they’ve turned the corner, they serve something like that up and we’re all brought back to reality. Finals are now pretty much out of the equation so now what for the rest of the season? Will they curl up the toes and quit on us like other years or fight it out?

Time to try a few things at selection. Bring in TDK who should have been playing today. Give Fisher a go. Would like to see Honey if his scratch match form continues. LOB needs to start pushing for selection. Ditto Dow when he’s fit. Bring back JSOS when he’s fit at least he cracks in and cares.

I’m a Teague fan and he’s going to need time to do this but he’s got to find a way to get past this mental fragility. We can’t have a 0/10 performance in our kit bag. Need to decrease the gap between our best and worst. Otherwise we’ll tease in games but not be a serious contender because we won’t be able to string wings together. Still one of the easiest sides to play against. We need to find some guys with a harder edge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seriously every club in the AFL must get a bit of a sniff when they are 5 goals down to us. Saw some really worrying signs last week & they continued tonight, only this time against a better side & coach.

I love Cripps but that bit in the 2nd where he ran around the mark instead of taking the set shot just seemed like curtains.

I wonder if Clarko permanently scarred this footy club that night he stopped Fev. They must have no respect for us hawthorn, & fair enough. It's demoralising.

Oh well, Eagles in Perth. At least we've got an easy game next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

New and experienced assistant coaches have not been mentioned, so I will. I don't know if they come under the soft salary cap. If not, just pay for the best the old CFC way.

Giving the older players "a rest" I have been pushing for some time. It seems to be gaining momentum. Give the youngsters a go. We may lose but they need games and we need a mid field.

Cripps may have tried to do too much tonight but if not him, who? That's how bad it was.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just watched the press conference.
I know he is a calm man, but be pissed off and very angry.
Tell the supporters that isn’t good enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

david31 wrote:
Time to try a few things at selection. Bring in TDK who should have been playing today. Give Fisher a go. Would like to see Honey if his scratch match form continues. LOB needs to start pushing for selection. Ditto Dow when he’s fit. Bring back JSOS when he’s fit at least he cracks in and cares.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

For a start it doesn’t help playing one ruckman against two
We were slaughtered in the hit outs
Recruiting Moore let alone playing him is a mistake but we shouldn’t be surprised given the history of the clubs last 20 years in recruiting spuds from other AFL clubs

Now the game from what I observed today is overall more congested than its ever been the best whole 36 are often in a quarter of the ground
The game starts at the stoppages . Win that and you will probably win the game unless your skills are really shit.
That’s what happened tonight
Their midfield smashed ours and De Konings inclusion would have made some difference but not enough to win the game
When Ed Curnow is your second best mid by a long way your in trouble
Cripps is struggling but he was our best player after Weitering
Kennedy and Setterfield were pathetic after those first 5 goals
SPS and Cunningham ( who I think must have been injured) should be playing mid field but arnt because they haven’t developed enough
Same goes for the guys who aren’t in the team

At the start of the last quarter Murphy and Curnow were in the middle
That in the long term isn’t going to work

Whatever your grievances were against Bolton he was trying to fast track youngsters
Teague went back to the mature bodies when he took over
He shouldn’t do that anymore
After Cripps and Curnow are midfield is very ordinary
We don’t need a Papley. We need another mid
Setterfield and Kennedy will have their moments but ultimately there ain’t the answer
SPS needs to play there
Honey Fisher And OBrien need extended time in the seniors. We really lack run when the ball is in motion
I would drop Murphy, Betts and Simpson
Bring them back for one last hurrah to say goodbye

Teague needs to retire Betts Murphy and Simpson at seasons end
Betts provides some cameos but not much else
Newnes is another average player from another club that inhibits the development of a youngster
How often have we said that
McKay is a big unit but has little presence
He also needs to get fitter
Weitering was good
Cripps and Curnow tried
The rest na

We can play better than that but we are average some of you posters have got ahead of yourself
Teague needs to start making some tough calls at the selection table and positions on the ground

The party is over

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:00 pm 
Ken Hands

Stranger wrote:
dablues wrote:
Sometimes small things in a game make a big difference. Early in the 2nd Kennedy fumbles a handball 5 meters in the clear. Opportunity to hit the scoreboard lost. Minutes later he gets the ball in a similar position and kicks it high to Eddie/Cunningham. Hawthorn rebound from defence and goal.
This then happens again....momentum lost confidence sapped.....hawks get cocky and we fold like a wet lettuce.

So is he to blame for the poor effort of every player on the night

100% yes. It saps the energy of the team and the confidence to use him again. We let them back in...that was one of those moments..there were others but this was was a standout. Don’t get me started on Jones ....I do not rate him at all..costs us every week and when you have too many of these ‘moments’ it tips the balance...especially with a mentally piss weak team like ours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next