Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:34 am 
Harry Vallence

I would think that Crippa will have a blinder in front of his family and now with the umps being held accountable with the way they have allowed him to be scragged out of contests, he will relish the opportunity to hunt the ball fairly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:51 am 
formerly BlueRob

If there is one component of the CFC that has been a weak link since for many years, it has been the Match Committee. It does not seem to matter who is on the Committee, they still continue to make really dumb decisions on a regular basis. It would not surprise me at all if Moore was given another week. TDK is screaming out for a game, so is Fisher, so is Honey! If it were up to me, I would be giving Williamson a bit of a break and I would replace him with Honey or Fisher. I am not totally convinced about Cunningham at the moment either. Other than that, I would bring in McKay for McGovern and TDK for Moore.

However, this is probably how the Match Committee will go!

In: McKay
Out McGovern

I live in hope.

Even though we should have destroyed North, the reality is ... it was more good luck that we won in the end. I think we have lost a lot of close matches because other teams are so use to beating us, they go in with confidence even when we are favourite. Its going to take years to overcome this issue. We desperately need to start thrashing other sides. We currently suffer from the Fitzroy Syndrome!

I think Hawthorn will beat us by a few points.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 am 
Harry Vallence

We owe these bastards.
For 15 years they have Bullied, disrespected and beaten us up.

NOT ANYMORE.
It's our time now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yes we owe them - just hope we have the currency to repay.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Play De Konig. Get him & Pitto prepared for NicNat the following week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:01 am 
Wayne Johnston

BigBlueWave wrote:
If there is one component of the CFC that has been a weak link since for many years, it has been the Match Committee. It does not seem to matter who is on the Committee, they still continue to make really dumb decisions on a regular basis. It would not surprise me at all if Moore was given another week. TDK is screaming out for a game, so is Fisher, so is Honey! If it were up to me, I would be giving Williamson a bit of a break and I would replace him with Honey or Fisher. I am not totally convinced about Cunningham at the moment either. Other than that, I would bring in McKay for McGovern and TDK for Moore.

Out McGovern

I live in hope.

Even though we should have destroyed North, the reality is ... it was more good luck that we won in the end. I think we have lost a lot of close matches because other teams are so use to beating us, they go in with confidence even when we are favourite. Its going to take years to overcome this issue. We desperately need to start thrashing other sides. We currently suffer from the Fitzroy Syndrome!

My theory is that Russell didn’t think TDK was at the right recovery stage to play seniors and needed one more practise match. That was why we went with Moore as he was physically ready.

I hope we do see TDK this Friday as he is clearly ready this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

I think Fish, Honey and TDK are all in the mix. Mckay to replace Gov and one of the mentioned 3 to replace Moore.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

BigBlueWave wrote:

Out McGovern

I live in hope.

I don't even know where to start with this

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:

Out McGovern

I live in hope.

There is a lot of truth to that.

Until our club develops an aura of strength, invincibility and yes a touch of arrogance, other clubs will always think they’re in with a chance to beat us.

We had that in the early 80’s and we used it to our advantage by winning games by just playing on premiership 3rd quarter.

Geelong were perennially referred to as the “handbaggers” for years until they won their flag in 2007 - they developed that aura now for the past 12 years.

It will take time for us to do the same - and we will have to work hard to do it and earn it.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:11 pm 
Bruce Comben

bring in fisher ,honey,harry ,need speed open spaces ,out moore ,gov .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jimmyp wrote:

I'll be pissed if we don't win.
Especially if we drop 2 players and bring in 3.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
jimmyp wrote:

I'll be pissed if we don't win.
Especially if we drop 2 players and bring in 3.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm 
Bob Chitty

Big opportunity to go 5-4 and set ourselves up for a crack at the 8.

We owe these guys one after what they’ve done to us over the past 15 years.

In: H and Fish
Out: Gov and Moore

Levi to back up in the ruck.

Tempted to play TDK but 3 200cm forwards seems a bit too cumbersome. Keen to inject some pace in Fisher.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

david31 wrote:
Keen to inject some pace in Fisher.

Come on, let's not go down the * route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

For all the discussion about how good our defence is and how all over the place our forward line is we’re the fifth highest points against team in the league but the fifth highest scoring team.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
For all the discussion about how good our defence is and how all over the place our forward line is we’re the fifth highest points against team in the league but the fifth highest scoring team.
If you average per game then we have 3rd worse defence.

We seem to be scoring well but getting it back the other way.
Doggies game was the one exclusion.

Ultimately don't care as long as we end up with a 'W at the end

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 pm 
Ken Hands

BigBlueWave wrote:

Have Fisher or Honey ever played as a defender? If TDK is crying out for a game this week based on one good reserves game, then Moore's run of form surely meant he deserved to be rewarded.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

GWS wrote:

Yeah but I reckon we would be easily the highest scores against for goals over the back, basically uncontested. We press high and get punished a lot when it gets over the top. My point is, our defenders are great, but the team defence as a whole has broken down at times.

But, we wouldn’t be the fifth highest scoring team without taking risks. I’m all for it. We play exciting fast flowing footy in an age of a lot of boring games. When it clicks we look unstoppable. We just need to clean up our ball use and eliminate the turnovers which is often when we get burned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:
GWS wrote:

Yeah but I reckon we would be easily the highest scores against for goals over the back, basically uncontested. We press high and get punished a lot when it gets over the top. My point is, our defenders are great, but the team defence as a whole has broken down at times.

But, we wouldn’t be the fifth highest scoring team without taking risks. I’m all for it. We play exciting fast flowing footy in an age of a lot of boring games. When it clicks we look unstoppable. We just need to clean up our ball use and eliminate the turnovers which is often when we get burned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teague actually spoke about some of this stuff after a game recently.....Port game I think

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

I remember in 2007, Round 12, Friday night at Docklands.
Carlton v Hawthorn. Dawks smashed us by 100 points.
I think this game was the beginning of the end of Denis Pagan’s coaching career at Carlton.
Every time a mate and I go to Docklands we briefly recall this horrible game. :banghead:

Hoping to get a win this Friday night.

Go Blues! Just win!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next