Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
As I've said all along, and love reminding Hawks fans, Clarkson won those 4 GFs when the on field leaders and coaches Mitchell Hodge and Lewis ran the show whilst on the ground.

Once those 3 were gone, Clarkson's effectiveness has been on show.

Despite signing O'Meara Scully Wingard Patton and Tom Mitchell to replace the 3 above mentioned 'real' coaches, Clarkson hasn't fired a shot. It's not that he hasn't improved the playing list with those 5 'elite' signings. The problem is Hawks haven't had a coach since those 3 stopped running things on the ground.

Up yours Clarkson. Karma will get you.

The 'real' coach, as you put it, is/was Fagan.

Dimma, Ratts, Simpson, etc, if the Hawks structure ran as is is drawn up (and I would imagine that a bureaucrat like Kennett would see to it that it does), all of them would have been influenced by Fagan.

Clarko flips his lid, Fagan translates that into a usable form and passes it on to the line coaches, line coaches pass that on to the players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

McGovern to miss a couple of weeks, SOJ to miss at least 2 more weeks. McKay should be OK to play-

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/78418 ... rn-to-miss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
McGovern to miss a couple of weeks, SOJ to miss at least 2 more weeks. McKay should be OK to play-

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/78418 ... rn-to-miss

McKay for Gov, TDK for Moore. TDK was nothing short of brilliant in the practice game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Beijing Blue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Harsh of Bolton. Very harsh. I just want the boys to nail the coffin this week...

Agree. Very harsh and disrespectful. He gave his all while he was with us.
Previous coaches were bagged for not giving the kids a go. He gave the kids a go and they'll ultimately be better players because of him.

Bolton laid the foundations that Teague has built on. He was given a huge task and gave it his all, unlike the guy he replaced.

Reckon SOS laid the foundations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wonder if the Hawks will get crucified by the umpires after Clarko’s comments similar to the way we did last year against the Saints after Dale Thomas (rightfully) called one of them a cheat. Wouldn’t rule it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sin City wrote:
Wonder if the Hawks will get crucified by the umpires after Clarko’s comments similar to the way we did last year against the Saints after Dale Thomas (rightfully) called one of them a cheat. Wouldn’t rule it out.

I would. They’re playing Carlton.

Have we won a free kick count this year? Not that I can remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

With Gov out and Harry likely to come back in, i reckon it has to be Harry for Gov and TDK for Moore. Fisher must be close but not sure who we can drop:

I still can’t understand why Moore was brought in to take second ruck last week with Levi unable to do so. He’s 193cm and couldn’t get near it against Goldstein. At least TDK is genuine ruckman size at 203cm. Really hope he gets his chance this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Also please get the ball in SPS hands as much as possible. He was one of the main reasons we got off to a flyer against North. 4 kicks in the first quarter, all sublime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
With Gov out and Harry likely to come back in, i reckon it has to be Harry for Gov and TDK for Moore. Fisher must be close but not sure who we can drop:

I still can’t understand why Moore was brought in to take second ruck last week with Levi unable to do so. He’s 193cm and couldn’t get near it against Goldstein. At least TDK is genuine ruckman size at 203cm. Really hope he gets his chance this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:

With 2, 200cm inclusions in ( McKay and TDK) we will need more run so O'Brien or Fisher on a wing but who do you drop. Murphy has lost his gut run so give him a week off.

And bring both Cuningham and Martin further up the ground to use their pace. High half forwards maybe. Turn in the middle.

We have the talls to out mark this mob. We have the smalls to run them. We have the backs to keep them to a losing score.

What's not to like.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

If we absolutely must bring Fisher in as a small for a small, then it won't be for a high possession midfielder like Murphy.

Cunningham, Gibbons, Williamson & Newnes are the most replaceable roles, with Eddie as the wildcard for Cunningham & Gibbons since they'd likely move into his spot if he was rested.

Unless there's a flogging on the horizon, I think Fisher needs a change in structure if he's going to get back in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sin City wrote:

Maybe they'll penalise Dusty for chopping throats, or Dangerfield/Selwood for diving forward in every tackle, while they're at it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

As much as I like the big KP forward, I can’t see us playing McKay, Casboult and DeKoning all forward together.

My guess is McKay for McGovern and Fisher or Honey for Moore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Murphy has lost his gut run so give him a week off

Just to confirm. That's the Murphy who was our highest possession winner and received 5 coaches votes on Saturday?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

And 10 contested possessions :thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

the same one Teague swung into the middle in the last when the game was on the line I believe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Re Murph ... rewatch the last quarter again ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Murphy has lost his gut run so give him a week off

Just to confirm. That's the Murphy who was our highest possession winner and received 5 coaches votes on Saturday?

Hey I also was defending him when others were not. I was the first who said he was our highest possession winner. But horses for courses. As I say he cannot run as he used to. He is neither as fast nor the gut runner he used to be.

However I also assume he will not be rested although in this compact season at some stage the older players should be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Why would we need to rest anyone if the season is already five games shorter?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We should be good enough to get the chocolates but there's still a few weapons at the Hawks disposal. I think a big key is the role that Jed Lamb played so well a couple of years ago. Could Newnes shut down Sicily? Dunno that he could annoy the piss out him like lamb did, but reckon he can do the job on him and can keep Sicily honest as he's been more than handy around goal

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next