Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Carlton should call on the AFL to audit Hawthorn before this game. It's only fair :lol: :lol:

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-gr ... -c-1195319

Quote:
Hawthorn great Don Scott has claimed his club systematically cheated the salary cap during its golden run in the late 1980s and early 1990s using a secret bank account in Tasmania.
They could add the 'recent Golden era' while they are in investigation mode....

When things don't add up, it's usually because they don't add up....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:55 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

billc3 wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Carlton should call on the AFL to audit Hawthorn before this game. It's only fair :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Hawthorn great Don Scott has claimed his club systematically cheated the salary cap during its golden run in the late 1980s and early 1990s using a secret bank account in Tasmania.
They could add the 'recent Golden era' while they are in investigation mode....

When things don't add up, it's usually because they don't add up....

Go Blues

#onlycarltoncheats

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 am 
Robert Walls

I wouldn't make any changes that weren't injury-related.

If Harry is fit, he's in for McGovern.

Moore struggled, but I actually think he's a good option to try and annoy the shit out of Sicily or Stratton. The Hawks tall backs are Frawley, Sicily (who loves to rebound and intercept) and Frost. If Moore can somehow get Sicily and spend the day annoying him, that's a win. It also frees up McKay to possibly get Frost.

Those people saying that there's no match-up for Weitering... He'll take Gunston. Jones will take Lewis. Plow will get Wingard when he's forward.

Their midfield are decent in close, but more accumulators than anything. If we can win in the middle, and run them off their feet, we win.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

bluechampion wrote:

Moore struggled, but I actually think he's a good option to try and annoy the shit out of Sicily or Stratton. The Hawks tall backs are Frawley, Sicily (who loves to rebound and intercept) and Frost. If Moore can somehow get Sicily and spend the day annoying him, that's a win. It also frees up McKay to possibly get Frost.

Those people saying that there's no match-up for Weitering... He'll take Gunston. Jones will take Lewis. Plow will get Wingard when he's forward.

Their midfield are decent in close, but more accumulators than anything. If we can win in the middle, and run them off their feet, we win.

Where's Jed Lamb when you need him...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:

Quote:

Must be some mistake. The "family club" would never do anything illegal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Where's Jed Lamb when you need him...
I was thinking exactly the same thing :thumbsup:

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:56 pm 
Ken Hands

We owe that dog Clarkson bi?g time.

What a time to make a statement, an go into the bye with a 5-4 record and a serious tilt at the finals.

Do we want this bad enough?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am 
John Nicholls

Crusader wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Bolton’s intel is going to be a factor.

:lol:

Mate, if he knew anything of use, he’d still have the job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am 
Ken Hunter

Harsh on Bolton. Very harsh. I just want the boys to nail the coffin this week...

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Harsh of Bolton. Very harsh. I just want the boys to nail the coffin this week...

Agree. Very harsh and disrespectful. He gave his all while he was with us.
Previous coaches were bagged for not giving the kids a go. He gave the kids a go and they'll ultimately be better players because of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 am 
Rod Ashman

Just win!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:17 am 
John James

rhino27 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Harsh of Bolton. Very harsh. I just want the boys to nail the coffin this week...

Previous coaches were bagged for not giving the kids a go. He gave the kids a go and they'll ultimately be better players because of him.

Bolton laid the foundations that Teague has built on. He was given a huge task and gave it his all, unlike the guy he replaced.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:57 pm 
Horrie Clover

I would think that if we do have success in the next few years Teague would certainly give a little nod to his predecessor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Beijing Blue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Bolton laid the foundations that Teague has built on. He was given a huge task and gave it his all, unlike the guy he replaced.

Absolutely. Bolton really had the worst job in footy. It’s very rare that a coach can take a club through a full rebuild and still be around to enjoy the fruits of the labour. A lot of similarities with the Bolton situation to Brendan McCartney at the dogs. That’s not to say Bolton would or wouldn’t have been the right guy to take us to the top, but coming in to the situation that he did, he never really stood a chance. After 3 years of beltings you just need a breathe of fresh air.

I personally think Bolton has played a massive part in laying the foundations for sustained success, along with SOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 pm 
Bruce Comben

we
owe the family horrible,tassie , hawks for all those years they rubbed our noses in it ,wen we were terrible.This is perfect game to slam shut that door on hawthorn 2020 season revenge. One player suggestion i would try is sps to midfield.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:01 pm 
John Nicholls

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/man ... 55fy0.html

Everyone was doing it! Ergo, only Carlton cheats... Hawthorn remain "the little club that could"

@#$%&! them. I want blood. Not far behind * this mob. I wanna see a similar game to the Doggies... just do not stop for the whole match. Make them suffer. Clarkson and Kennett going down together. Nails in the coffin.

(Very worried we'll lose.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As I said elsewhere I won’t be happy unless they have to call the plasterers in after the game to repair Clarkson’s coaching box.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As I've said all along, and love reminding Hawks fans, Clarkson won those 4 GFs when the on field leaders and coaches Mitchell Hodge and Lewis ran the show whilst on the ground.

Once those 3 were gone, Clarkson's effectiveness has been on show.

Despite signing O'Meara Scully Wingard Patton and Tom Mitchell to replace the 3 above mentioned 'real' coaches, Clarkson hasn't fired a shot. It's not that he hasn't improved the playing list with those 5 'elite' signings. The problem is Hawks haven't had a coach since those 3 stopped running things on the ground.

Up yours Clarkson. Karma will get you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 pm 
Robert Walls

I'll never forgive nor forget Clarkson's 2 dog acts against the Blues - the Ian Aitken king hit and stopping Fev getting 100 goals.

Smash the smug smirk off the cauliflowers face.

Percentage booster please.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good post Jake agreed Bolton and SOS stripping back and then laying the foundations was always going to benefit someone else in the medium and longer term

Both in my view deserve respect and gratitude for doing a lot of heavy lifting and in some ways was detrimental to their reputation and standing in the game
As for Hawks spiflicate them no mercy no mucking around good tough uncompromising footy and grind them into the dust

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next