Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

tasboy wrote:
I’m intrigued to think we could As easily be sitting 6 and 2 and clear top of the ladder, or 2 and 6 and only Adelaide below us - with The 4 games decided last second (of which we have a 2 and 2 record which is probably about right)

So our game play (apart from the last minute) is both the best and the worst in the comp and Half way through the season we have a chance to choose our destiny. 9 and 8 with an ok percentage should go close to making finals. Beat the teams below us like we should, and pick off one of the teams around us and we go close.

Week in, week out I’m interested In the games and it’s been many years since that has been the case

I'll take 9-8. If it gets us into the finals, great, if not, great improvement on 12 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think it's bloody exciting that i woke up and still felt a bit frustrated at a win.

Remember when we never won?

We are developing nicely.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
I think it's bloody exciting that i woke up and still felt a bit frustrated at a win.

Remember when we never won?

We are developing nicely.

Funny isn't it. Wind the clock back 1,2,3 or even 4 years ago and we all would be begging for a win any win even a dirty scrappy win like yesterday. I agree we are developing very nicely and I could easily see us top 4 next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Deano I was saying to someone today that I’m getting worse watching because of have greater expectations in terms of the team and who they should beat
We are developing nicely lots of upside with this side H Kennedy SPS Pitto Williamson weitering setters Walsh all got great upside
Fisher JSOS Dow Charlie O’Brien Stocker Kemp Philip all upside too
Additions of Doc Martin Newnes and Pittonet have given us 4 seasoned footballers to add to our side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Agree Deano I was saying to someone today that I’m getting worse watching because of have greater expectations in terms of the team and who they should beat
We are developing nicely lots of upside with this side H Kennedy SPS Pitto Williamson weitering setters Walsh all got great upside
Fisher JSOS Dow Charlie O’Brien Stocker Kemp Philip all upside too
Additions of Doc Martin Newnes and Pittonet have given us 4 seasoned footballers to add to our side

Throw in Betts and there’s 5 ready-made senior players we didn’t have last year.

Good post Frank. We still have lots of areas to improve but, as long as most of the young players you’ve named kick on, we should be able to withstand losing multiple veterans over the next year and be a strong team throughout the ‘20s.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
Credit to Plow. Was excellent today. As was Curnow on Simpkin.

Plowman was good. I especially give him credit for not punching the umpire who did not award him a mark when he took two grabs to secure it. During both grabs he was a metre away from the nearest North player and clearly no other player went anywhere near touching it.

I commented to friends whilst watching the game that I cannot understand how the umpires make so many wrong calls nowadays. I do not recall an umpire making so many mistakes when we only had one central umpire. They regularly pay a holding the ball immediately after a player is tackled when he has no possible chance to handball it. Thirty seconds later the same umpire pays a high tackle free kick to the side that received a free for the holding the ball decision. The two tackles were identical but were adjudicated 180 degrees differently less than a minute apart by the same umpire.
If the umpires are incapable of interpreting the rules consistently, then the rules need to be simplified ( or the umpires educated!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Carlton’s Patrick Cripps ($750) and North Melbourne’s Jed Anderson ($500) can accept fines for wrestling

Gee , we get reamed.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd submit the spectator video of Cripps being double scragged in front of the blind Maggot and say please explain ?

How much is any player expected to put up with week in week out ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

The MRO has charged Cripps with wrestling... joke of a sport :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hornet wrote:
The MRO has charged Cripps with wrestling... joke of a sport :lol:

Agree. yet here we remain :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

MIL wrote:
I'd submit the spectator video of Cripps being double scragged in front of the blind Maggot and say please explain ?

Carlton have. They've shown the AFL a few videos.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:47 pm 
John James

NTBlue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Plowman was good. I especially give him credit for not punching the umpire who did not award him a mark when he took two grabs to secure it. During both grabs he was a metre away from the nearest North player and clearly no other player went anywhere near touching it.

I commented to friends whilst watching the game that I cannot understand how the umpires make so many wrong calls nowadays. I do not recall an umpire making so many mistakes when we only had one central umpire. They regularly pay a holding the ball immediately after a player is tackled when he has no possible chance to handball it. Thirty seconds later the same umpire pays a high tackle free kick to the side that received a free for the holding the ball decision. The two tackles were identical but were adjudicated 180 degrees differently less than a minute apart by the same umpire.
If the umpires are incapable of interpreting the rules consistently, then the rules need to be simplified ( or the umpires educated!)

The game has become so hard to umpire. The HTB is a joke. No incentive for the player to get the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/07/26/is-cripps-umpired-differently-blues-coach-weighs-in-on-social-storm/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Be careful what you wish for. Ed does as good a stopping job as anyone.
The last thing we need is Curnow getting pinged at every second stoppage.
Someone will point out that Cripps has a handful of Andersons jumper and it will be Patricks fault. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:53 am 
Geoff Southby

NTBlue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

I commented to friends whilst watching the game that I cannot understand how the umpires make so many wrong calls nowadays.

I was on the road during the game and had to listen to it on the radio, the commentators gave the impression the umpiring was terrible and I got the impression that Carlton should have been paid free kicks on numerous occasions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
If it was the old days, Dominator and Jimmy Buckley would’ve given the snarta*** Jaspar Pittard his deserved whack. Hope the tryhard tough guy enjoyed the final result.

Teague was a tough player but not in that manner.
I was thinking at 3/4 time he should say what Wallsy said about Clarkson.

We don't have anybody who will make these flower accountable. Cripps has never retaliated like he did last night so whatever set it off must have been pretty severe. The Pittard thing was right on the siren. After the siren went, someone should have charged him and sat him on his arse like he did to Murphy. No report, maybe a melee to follow but we can't be seen as soft cocks like we are currently perceived.
Remember how they pushed Weitering around in 2018? He just put up with it over and over again being called a sook on and off the field. If it had have been me and I was in danger of getting dropped to the twos on form anyway, I'd have broken someone's nose and taken the six weeks.
Maybe we can give Moore one final game with a bonus for weeks served. He has the tough haircut.

It's why I wanted us to go hard for Powell Pepper last year. he couldn't get a game at PA but he can play and he is a hard nut. Look at him now. One of their better performed players every week.

I wanted Powell Pepper too. He was gettable. Liked him in the U18's too.
Is known to butcher the ball like Robbo, but you know, you have to get it first and when no time allowed gotta get boot to ball, and he can kick a distance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
There is a difference between negativity and reality
The reality is we are 9 th with four teams below us who have played less games.

So in terms of the ladder that is where we are at.
Of course with sport anything can happen particularly in this crazy year
I think we are still an average side getting better.
How much better is the unknown.

I barrack for Carlton but I’m not one eyed and so utterly 100 % biased like some on here.
There were a few posters like me on here who have gone but I like giving the other point of view.
Example of that the umpiring yesterday
It was terrible both ways particularly when the rain came.
Clearly the umpires have been instructed to pay the holding the ball when the guy has a milli second to get rid of it. This is to keep the game moving because overall the game is an ordinary spectacle at the moment. Problem is when a forward gets pinged he has an eternity to get rid of it because the umpires shit themselves about handing a goal to a team.
In happened to both teams yesterday not just Carlton

In regards to being negative on players
I have Given a pat on the back to Kennedy and Setterfield two guys I have bagged
Kennedy has obviously finally realized how fit you have to be
Setterfield is growing in confidence which is good to see
They need to
They cost us pick 28 around a pick 20 and pick 43
They need to play like that on a regular basis with Cripps struggling

To call a team shit and imply that our brand is superior when we have a 50% win/loss record after being in the football wilderness for 8 years is such a biased retarded comment it deserves some response

I will be there Friday cheering the guys on but tempered with realistic expectations
That’s the way I roll
Yes we should beat Hawthorn on form but form fluctuates in a very even competition
If the players think “Hawthorn is shit” we are in serious trouble

Reality was that the net effect of the umpriring decisionscwas clearly bias against Carlton.
Coomentators suggested another free like that howler will see the roof of the grandstand come off.
Twitter went nuts.
There's independent footage of Cripps illegally nullified.

Come on Keogh ... you can have a go at Carlton as much as you like, but you're crossing the floor, for your own reasons when you couldn't see the bias on the weekend. Eddie, Cripps etc etc were being manhandled far too often for it to be coicidence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
If it was the old days, Dominator and Jimmy Buckley would’ve given the snarta*** Jaspar Pittard his deserved whack. Hope the tryhard tough guy enjoyed the final result.

:clap:

We need to learn the art of pack brutality, ie. next time Pittard goes into a contested situation, he comes out feeling the full affects of the contest.

Exactly Surrey.

Pain can be inflicted to remind the cowardly aggressor, his victim is not on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

NTBlue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Succinctly put NT.

Totally agreed.

I still believe Australian Rules is better than AFL as a game. As a business, no doubt the monopoly wins hands dowm.
We, the football public, should not allow the Commission to continue changing the game our forefathers envisaged, discussed and planned to create the great game.
The philosophies of the game are different between our forefathers and the current Commission.

Thank goodness the scribes and coaches are questioning the state of the game...not to be confused by the business....the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
MIL wrote:

Carlton have. They've shown the AFL a few videos.

How do you know that to be true?

If so, did Carlton ask the question or just show a video?

It seems nothing has changed since last year's Herald Sun photo of Cripps being held by 2 Saints players at the bounce

Enough is Enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next