Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
Our 4 tall forwards conceded 8 free kicks we got 2 our way up the midfield
Ports tall forwards gave up 1 and got 3 their way inside the forward 50.

Are Caz Gov and Harry unlucky or undisciplined.

I thought we lost it rather than Port win it.
I know they missed some sitters but Cunningham on his right rather than his left then it's game over. Mind you Caz was free right in front of him and Eddie to the right.

Mystery surround Gibbons not looking for short options backwards. Like to see wide angle maybe everyone manned.

It would have been nice to win that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

agree it would have helped had cunners been on his preferred but he needs to understand that and hit up whoever the free players were ( i think he had betts and casboult) with a 20m chip kick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Was yelling at the TV with a minute or two left, do not kick it to a contest, milk the clock.

Guess I wasn't yelling loud enough.

Teague said the plan is to kick down the line and get it out of bounds. Not sure I like that strategy. We couldn't even get it right anyhow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

doofdoof wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Our 4 tall forwards conceded 8 free kicks we got 2 our way up the midfield
Ports tall forwards gave up 1 and got 3 their way inside the forward 50.

Are Caz Gov and Harry unlucky or undisciplined.

I thought we lost it rather than Port win it.
I know they missed some sitters but Cunningham on his right rather than his left then it's game over. Mind you Caz was free right in front of him and Eddie to the right.

Mystery surround Gibbons not looking for short options backwards. Like to see wide angle maybe everyone manned.

It would have been nice to win that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

agree it would have helped had cunners been on his preferred but he needs to understand that and hit up whoever the free players were ( i think he had betts and casboult) with a 20m chip kick

Yep terrible lack of poise. In the matter of 2 seconds he gave the ball back. Just stupid football.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wasn’t able to watch due to sons footy. Listened to the first half on the radio and tried checking scores periodically as I could after that.

Gutted. Awful way to lose. Especially if we lacked composure and should of iced it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:05 pm 
Horrie Clover

MPH78 wrote:
Wasn’t able to watch due to sons footy. Listened to the first half on the radio and tried checking scores periodically as I could after that.

Gutted. Awful way to lose. Especially if we lacked composure and should of iced it.

We lost. They could have. Took a miracle kick after the siren. THey missed 3 sitters in the last 5. Toss of the coin. We lost. Can’t blame the last minute, we could have been 20 down or 7 up by then.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

tasboy wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

We lost. They could have. Took a miracle kick after the siren. THey missed 3 sitters in the last 5. Toss of the coin. We lost. Can’t blame the last minute, we could have been 20 down or 7 up by then.

PA had three quick goals at the start of the first before we even looked like scoring.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
I only noticed Westhoff for the first time in the last qtr.

Me too and I yelled DONT YOU @#$%&! START NOW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Proud of our team.
We played four quarters.
The game could have gone either way.
Now turn to next week.
That's the nature of football.
If we bring the same application every week, we can play finals.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

CFC8795 wrote:
tasboy wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

PA had three quick goals at the start of the first before we even looked like scoring.

I think the 3rd of those 3 goals was dumb play by us and the easiest goal of the game. The guy Crippa was minding(?) stayed down goal side of the pack while Crippa is trying to help/hinder Weiters. Half a metre out and thank you very much. In a 3 point game it hurts as much as Gray's goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

79Vintage wrote:
Proud of our team.
We played four quarters.
The game could have gone either way.
Now turn to next week.
That's the nature of football.
If we bring the same application every week, we can play finals.

+1
: thumbs up:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Navy One wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
tasboy wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

I think the 3rd of those 3 goals was dumb play by us and the easiest goal of the game. The guy Crippa was minding(?) stayed down goal side of the pack while Crippa is trying to help/hinder Weiters. Half a metre out and thank you very much. In a 3 point game it hurts as much as Gray's goal.

Gutted after but already keen for next week.

Noted the Cripps mistake in the match day. If Plowman did that it would almost be the talking point of the post game. Was poor by Cripps. Very poor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:50 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Shattered. We only need a big man to compete on the wing and it was over

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We have a horrible tendency to fly for the same mark and do nothing but spoil each other and inevitably both players end up on the ground while their opponent makes of like vandals with the ball. Cripps did it to Weiters and cost us a goal. Martin did it a couple of times, one certainly ended up a in a shot at goal which I think might have been missed. Need to develop a bit more awareness of what their team mates are doing. Weiters well and truly had it covered and would have marked it, instead Cripps gifts his direct opponent a goal from a metre out.

I know we want to win every week and losses like today hurt, but we are still developing and improving. Today was a bitter pill to swallow in the way it went down. But the effort and 4 quarter performance against a high quality opponent, in many ways it was one of our better performances of the year. We missed out on the 4 points but we backed up our best win with another great performance.

Next week becomes extremely important. Cannot drop the ball against an opponent that is bottom 3 this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:17 pm 
Ken Hands

Seemed like lots of those contests where Port outmarked us way too easily. After watching Teague's press conference, I'm not sure that Gibbons can be accused of lacking composure, seems like he was doing exactly what he was expected to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:23 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Stoked to see a Carlton game live, yelled myself hoarse - neither players or umpires acted on my advice obviously - numb that we lost. (Had thought they kicked the one from the goal square so was still recovering)..
I love when we do quick movement and the 3 talls interacting - just looks beautiful and unstoppable. I’m sure they had to hang back, hence why they had numbers far too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 pm 
Garry Crane

free dixon wtf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... x-SpsDnj0j

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

@#$%&!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

ferdinand wrote:
Seemed like lots of those contests where Port outmarked us way too easily. After watching Teague's press conference, I'm not sure that Gibbons can be accused of lacking composure, seems like he was doing exactly what he was expected to do.

Yep. The alternative for Gibbons was to kick backwards into our defensive fifty. Port would have pressed up and the next kick would have been dicey unless we could somehow get a free man. He took seconds off the clock, steadied and kicked long to a contest on the boundary where we had Pittonet, Levi & Harry. It wasn’t a bad option if there was nothing else on.

The really disappointing thing was that Pittonet, Levi & Harry couldn’t kill the contest and get the ball out of bounds. Getting out marked in that situation is unforgivable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

Yep. The alternative for Gibbons was to kick backwards into our defensive fifty. Port would have pressed up and the next kick would have been dicey unless we could somehow get a free man. He took seconds off the clock, steadied and kicked long to a contest on the boundary where we had Pittonet, Levi & Harry. It wasn’t a bad option if there was nothing else on.

The really disappointing thing was that Pittonet, Levi & Harry couldn’t kill the contest and get the ball out of bounds. Getting out marked in that situation is unforgivable.

We seemed to turn it over time and time again kicking it long to a contest. We need to work on positioning and having someone at the fall of the ball. Port seemed to be able to take it away from those contests with ease.

I thought we were clearly outmuscled and outbodied in contested/clearance situations as well but we somehow stuck with them.

We did bloody well and should have earned some respect. I guess it's good that losing hurts again? @#$%&! that top of the ladder team had to be one that got away.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

grrofunger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

We seemed to turn it over time and time again kicking it long to a contest. We need to work on positioning and having someone at the fall of the ball. Port seemed to be able to take it away from those contests with ease.

I thought we were clearly outmuscled and outbodied in contested/clearance situations as well but we somehow stuck with them.

We did bloody well and should have earned some respect. I guess it's good that losing hurts again? @#$%&! that top of the ladder team had to be one that got away.

It doesn’t matter how many you have at the fall of the ball if the opposition mark it! Pittonet, Levi or Harry needed to impact that last contest. Opposition marks in our forward line is a source of immense frustration for me, especially when we field 3 tall targets down there. For me, the long kick into attack isn’t the problem, it’s when our big blokes allow the opposition to mark it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next