Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Jack Martin should hopefully be better under the roof. He seemed to really struggle with the slippery conditions last week.

He didn’t mind them in Geelong. But agree, he will be better under the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

I would give the champ Simmo a rest this week. His influence is declining and has broken Big Nick's record. Bring in another youngster in Stocker and play him half back, back pocket where he did okay in his few games last year. And he has had time in the midfield in his junior days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

2nds wrap was pretty clear that Stocker is working on some specific defensive aspects to his game.

I wouldn't see us bringing him in just yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluehammer wrote:
2nds wrap was pretty clear that Stocker is working on some specific defensive aspects to his game.

On the contrary, grooming him for Simmo's position I suggest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:03 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
I would give the champ Simmo a rest this week. His influence is declining and has broken Big Nick's record. Bring in another youngster in Stocker and play him half back, back pocket where he did okay in his few games last year. And he has had time in the midfield in his junior days.

Unless we do some judicious resting the poor bloke is going to break Kevin Murray's much more unwanted record this year as well.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:33 am 
Harry Vallence

I’ve got a bad feeling about Gil and Clarke’s decision to publicly discuss the holding the ball interpretation. Thursday night will be the overreaction game from the umpires that slowly gets wound back over the rest of the round and we will bear the brunt of the shitty decisions...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 am 
Rod Ashman

Saints supporters very bullish about this one. Rats has team going well - lead comp for most efficient inside 50s. They don’t rate many of our players - typical stop Cripps and nullify casbolt and Doc. Believe our midfield is more emerging than damaging and that Newnes adds nothing. Going on about their clubs very soft response in not standing up for Carlisle. They feel they are on a roll (which they are) and just as confident- should be a good match. If McKay plays and plays well it should result in a potent forward line for us. Even if he presents hard, tackles and pressures that would be good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluehammer wrote:

Who knows, he may get a guernsey into the backline rotation but I'd also have others in line for promotion before him.
Fisher, Kennedy, Philp and even Honey would get my vote first.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:16 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Who knows, he may get a guernsey into the backline rotation but I'd also have others in line for promotion before him.

MCREADIE! (No one would expect that....)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Isn't it nice to have these talented young football players striving for a game.

DEPTH!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Is the main issue with Stocker still his fitness or are there other reasons you'd have those players ahead of him?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Is the main issue with Stocker still his fitness or are there other reasons you'd have those players ahead of him?

Performance. The reserves report says Kennedy has been the best player 2 weeks in a row. My criticism of Kennedy has been his pace and ability to get around the ground. Apparently he's improved that significantly. Looking at the photos, he's in fantastic condition. He kicks it well, is super clean with his ball handling and strong overhead. I think we need a midfielder who can contribute inside and outside. Stocker is getting opportunities in the reserves but he's not putting his hand up. Kennedy is well ahead performance wise.
I'd like us to reward effort and performance. Just an opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
He kicks it well, is super clean with his ball handling and strong overhead.

Kennedy the more obvious replacement for JSOS for me. Showed he is able as a medium forward last year under Teague. Accurate from memory too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Arnhem blues wrote:
Saints supporters very bullish about this one. Rats has team going well - lead comp for most efficient inside 50s. They don’t rate many of our players - typical stop Cripps and nullify casbolt and Doc. Believe our midfield is more emerging than damaging and that Newnes adds nothing. Going on about their clubs very soft response in not standing up for Carlisle. They feel they are on a roll (which they are) and just as confident- should be a good match. If McKay plays and plays well it should result in a potent forward line for us. Even if he presents hard, tackles and pressures that would be good!

One in a row? Will there be a video to celebrate?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Performance. The reserves report says Kennedy has been the best player 2 weeks in a row. My criticism of Kennedy has been his pace and ability to get around the ground. Apparently he's improved that significantly. Looking at the photos, he's in fantastic condition. He kicks it well, is super clean with his ball handling and strong overhead. I think we need a midfielder who can contribute inside and outside. Stocker is getting opportunities in the reserves but he's not putting his hand up. Kennedy is well ahead performance wise.
I'd like us to reward effort and performance. Just an opinion.

Fair enough and don't disagree with what you're saying. Just wondering if you had any info on Stocker for you to say that other than rewarding consistent good form.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Two changes ...
Jsos and Philp for H and Fish ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:31 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Two changes ...
Jsos and Philp for H and Fish ...

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1278242736450056193

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Perfect selections. Definitely a stronger side to last week. Our structure worked as well as it has for the best part of 2 decades against Geelong which has me liking the 3 tall targets, considering they are all mobile, Levi can play all over the ground and Gov is really a third tall.

Both players suited to a fast clean Marvel deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

This game will decide where we are at as a club.
Good selections. No excuses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Carlisle can't zone off now he has to take one of them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next