Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:12 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Wojee wrote:
Dirty pricks.

Think it was Simpson who had someone wrapped up in a tackle on the ground, play had almost stopped and then some red and black cauliflower came in with a full on diving tackle on the tackler.

Play had stopped and the whistle had already been blown, totally unnecessary rough play.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Oh,i forgot.I reckon Williamson has come back like he hasn't been away.Real calm player i reckon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

sammywaslow wrote:
Just watching the highlights again.

He didn’t have a fantastic night but how crucial, CRUCIAL was Martin’s goal after we fell 12 points behind early in the last?

Have been crying out for years now for this sort of coolness and class under pressure.

Go Blues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave myself a pat on the back, having called on the match thread at 3/4 time for him to go forward in the last, as one of the two guys in the team (the other being Gov) that you'd back to make a set shot when it matters. In my mind, Teague visited TC at the break and thought, "that GreatEx, he's on(to) something here..."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:24 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Did anyone else notice the tackle one of our defenders (Williamson I think) put on an Essendon* player on the half bank flank? The Essendon* player was spun around in a 360, put the ball on the ground, picked it up again and then hand balled it off and they ran the ball out of defence and through the middle to their forward line.

Maybe the rule has changed but I thought that if you are tackled and you place the ball on the ground whilest being tackled it is an incorrect disposal penalty?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wojee wrote:
Dirty pricks.

Think it was Simpson who had someone wrapped up in a tackle on the ground, play had almost stopped and then some red and black cauliflower came in with a full on diving tackle on the tackler.

Yep. I was expecting a free kick to be paid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Speaking of dubious free's, what about the non free to Big Caz in the defensive goal square in the 1st Q. He flew for the mark and was pushed under the ball by Tippa who made not attempt to mark and a goal resulted to the Bombers. I though that type of push in a marking contest was a free every day of the week.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/458549/hig ... 3261582001

1.06 in the 1st Q Highlights.

:garthp: :garthp: :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Umpiring very one sided. Almost corrupt and worth investigating.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:46 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Cazzesman wrote:
Speaking of dubious free's, what about the non free to Big Caz in the defensive goal square in the 1st Q. He flew for the mark and was pushed under the ball by Tippa who made not attempt to mark and a goal resulted to the Bombers. I though that type of push in a marking contest was a free every day of the week.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/458549/hig ... 3261582001

1.06 in the 1st Q Highlights.

:garthp: :garthp: :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

Yes I couldn’t believe when I saw they let that go, tipping woody didn’t even look at the ball.

Plus the other one where Plowman was shoved away from the ball via two hands in the back by the Essendon* player in the goal square.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:53 pm 
Ken Hands

sinbagger wrote:
Did anyone else notice the tackle one of our defenders (Williamson I think) put on an Essendon** player on the half bank flank? The Essendon** player was spun around in a 360, put the ball on the ground, picked it up again and then hand balled it off and they ran the ball out of defence and through the middle to their forward line.

Maybe the rule has changed but I thought that if you are tackled and you place the ball on the ground whilest being tackled it is an incorrect disposal penalty?

Yep I think it was Stringer, he put it on the ground...play on...@#$%&! me!
He also pushed plow in the back to score a goal...play on....since the Desiel and Sean Denham days I have found the umps @#$%&! us over every time against these slimy shit can pricks of a club. Hate them with a passion....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:02 pm 
Bert Deacon

Glad we won BUT i am concerned with our game plan ,1 we still bomb ball into crowded fwd line,2 kick to contest to often and 3 wer is the run and connect with handball .We could easily be 0/3 Can some1 tell wat has changed from our 2019 game style apart from personnel.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Great to get the points.

Cunningham's game was a mixed bag. His kicking didn't match his ability to get the ball. He missed two gimmees and then in the 4th kicked the ball over the leading forward's head to the sweeper after mucking up the previous entry. Just saying. It was a good game from him but his kicking was a bit off.
Inaccuracy almost cost us this week but I will take the points. The biggest plus from me is that we played the 4 quarters for the first time in forever.
I'd be surprised if Philp gets a run next week. He tried hard but it was a pretty average first game overall. Fisher should come in for him and maybe Kennedy for Jack.
StK beating Richmond did us a favour. We are only percentage from 3rd place. Had we beaten Melbourne, and we could have, we'd be outright third.
This season is far from over and the all important mindset is best improved by winning and winning ugly.
Well done to the boys, especially the second tier that stood up when Cripps was quiet. That's so important.

I thought the umpiring was pretty good, really, apart from length of the Eddie 80m penalty. They missed a few but overall, they were almost invisible. We had a couple go our way as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:26 pm 
Robert Walls

kezza wrote:
Sin City wrote:
Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
·
19s
Jack Silvagni spent overnight in hospital under observation, cracked ribs and a bruised lung. Very painful

I really couldn’t understand why people were trying to defend what Merrett did. When a professional athlete running at top speed punches you of course it’s going to hurt.

They were talking about it on the channel 9 footy show.
They were divided, although they agreed Merrett is in trouble based on the outcome.
Trying to say it was a tackle is a joke. he had a clenched fist.
Merrett will likely miss a week I would have thought.

Agree...who tackles with a clenched fist?

If Zac Merditt wanted to tackle JSOS, he would'ov grabbed the jumper to slow him down and throw him off balance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Umpiring very one sided. Almost corrupt and worth investigating.

Nothing to see here. Move on. We need a strong Essendon** :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Kudos has to go to Murphy. He was instrumental in the last quarter. Not just clean skills but got down and dirty too. He was important last week too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Merritt offered 1 match suspension

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Quote:
Zach Merrett, Essendon*, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round Four match between Essendon* and Carlton, played at the MCG on Saturday June 27.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with High Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction.

What a joke.

If that wasn't intentional I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
Quote:
Zach Merrett, Essendon**, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round Four match between Essendon** and Carlton, played at the MCG on Saturday June 27.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with High Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction.

What a joke.

Reminds me of Barry Hall being allowed to play in the 2005 GF when he clearly punched Matt Maguire in the guts. At least Merrett gets one week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

cortez wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Dirty pricks.

Yep. I was expecting a free kick to be paid.

Devon Smith, no need for what he did. Simpson should have been paid the free.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:
Quote:
Zach Merrett, Essendon**, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round Four match between Essendon** and Carlton, played at the MCG on Saturday June 27.

What a joke.

From the AFL Oxford:

Careless: When you couldn't care less if you break someone's ribs

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:34 pm 
John James

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Great to get the points.

Cunningham's game was a mixed bag. His kicking didn't match his ability to get the ball. He missed two gimmees and then in the 4th kicked the ball over the leading forward's head to the sweeper after mucking up the previous entry. Just saying. It was a good game from him but his kicking was a bit off.
Inaccuracy almost cost us this week but I will take the points. The biggest plus from me is that we played the 4 quarters for the first time in forever.
I'd be surprised if Philp gets a run next week. He tried hard but it was a pretty average first game overall. Fisher should come in for him and maybe Kennedy for Jack.
StK beating Richmond did us a favour. We are only percentage from 3rd place. Had we beaten Melbourne, and we could have, we'd be outright third.
This season is far from over and the all important mindset is best improved by winning and winning ugly.
Well done to the boys, especially the second tier that stood up when Cripps was quiet. That's so important.

I thought the umpiring was pretty good, really, apart from length of the Eddie 80m penalty. They missed a few but overall, they were almost invisible. We had a couple go our way as well.

I agree with your points BS. Especially regarding Cuningham and the umpiring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next