Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
It can't be too bad. Eleni is in isolation in SA so we don't cop her for at least 1 game!

At least Eleni is easier on the eye in some games where our performances are bad.

Gee how many drinks do you have during a game??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

kingkerna wrote:
I've been advised that due to 'up and coming' umpires not being able to practice in lower leagues they will be placed with senior umpires to get match day experience.

Umpires have already been appointed for our game.

Brace yourself for ordinary umpiring.

Up and coming umpires will probably be better than the prima donnas we’re used to. Umpiring in the VFL is infinitely better than the AFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I live for the day when despite getting reamed by Umpire Ian Robinson in the first half - we’d still come out in the third quarter kick a lazy 8 goals and tell them all that they could stick it up their arse.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
I've been advised that due to 'up and coming' umpires not being able to practice in lower leagues they will be placed with senior umpires to get match day experience.

Up and coming umpires will probably be better than the prima donnas we’re used to. Umpiring in the VFL is infinitely better than the AFL

You would think that. But they'll get overruled by the senior umpire 100m away. Just watch.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
I live for the day when despite getting reamed by Umpire Ian Robinson in the first half - we’d still come out in the third quarter kick a lazy 8 goals and tell them all that they could stick it up their arse.

I love those memories of yours AGRO :beer:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Love 'em myself.................gotta agree Aggs,that Robinson was a complete dropkick.Never been an umpire basher myself,but that a hole was the exception.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:34 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Love 'em myself.................gotta agree Aggs,that Robinson was a complete dropkick.Never been an umpire basher myself,but that a hole was the exception.

We gave it to him at LaTrobe during a Computer Science lecture on the Monday...ah yes 1981...if only I could go back

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

Heavs wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

You would think that. But they'll get overruled by the senior umpire 100m away. Just watch.

Exactamundo.

Remember when Diesel got 44 possessions in a match back in 1993 (can't remember against who) when 40+ possessions was almost unheard of. The junior umpire naturally wanted to give him the 3 Brownlow votes but was intimidated by the senior umpire Johnny RUsso who hated Diesel and refused to give him any. Wanganeen won by 1 vote. Robbed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Heavs wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Exactamundo.

Remember when Diesel got 44 possessions in a match back in 1993 (can't remember against who) when 40+ possessions was almost unheard of. The junior umpire naturally wanted to give him the 3 Brownlow votes but was intimidated by the senior umpire Johnny RUsso who hated Diesel and refused to give him any. Wanganeen won by 1 vote. Robbed.

The umpire in question apologized to Williams at a Brownlow night a few years later
Russo overruled him 3 times
So Diesel no votes
Apparently Diesel didn’t back chat the umps once that day as well

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Was at that game. It was such a dominant performance, admittedly his first half was better than his second half. Can remember the gasps on Brownlow night when he didn’t get a vote that day.

Completely robbed.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Against the Demons IIRC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:17 pm 
Horrie Clover

Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I think it all comes down to hope we start - give them 4 odd goals before we begin will be just another suicide - its the one area Teague seems to be struggling with - no good running out half-switched on. If we can go from the very first blow of the whistle then I expect us to win by about 3 goals. If not it will be another where we lose by the margin we gave away at the beginning.

Not just a Teague thing - I think the side has suffered this for quite some time now - Very rarely do we get off to a good start - I think the last time we did is when we were 5 goals to nil against Richmond then faded away .

It will be really interesting how team come out of this break it may suit some and not others - It has been good for us on the injury front with Betts and Harry being available

It has been a totally crap year lets hope our Blue Boys can bring us some joy to offset it

Maybe Teagey could get the womens team in to sort out their starting attitude. If the men can start playing like our awesome womens team, we are away... :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Salsiccia wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I think it all comes down to hope we start - give them 4 odd goals before we begin will be just another suicide - its the one area Teague seems to be struggling with - no good running out half-switched on. If we can go from the very first blow of the whistle then I expect us to win by about 3 goals. If not it will be another where we lose by the margin we gave away at the beginning.

Not just a Teague thing - I think the side has suffered this for quite some time now - Very rarely do we get off to a good start - I think the last time we did is when we were 5 goals to nil against Richmond then faded away .

It will be really interesting how team come out of this break it may suit some and not others - It has been good for us on the injury front with Betts and Harry being available

It has been a totally crap year lets hope our Blue Boys can bring us some joy to offset it

Maybe Teagey could get the womens team in to sort out their starting attitude. If the men can start playing like our awesome womens team, we are away... :-)

We get the jump for a change, then maintain that intensity for the remainder of the game.

I wonder if JSOS joins Cripps in the middle . Trained that way this week. I'd love to see that
Add Walsh in there and its a new look, with 2 big boys vs Viney and Petraccaand Oliver.

I have a good feeling about this game.

Cripps Curnow and Murphy with Pitto cleaning up a few in close works for me too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There's been a few references made to Harry McKays impressive condition and form on the track since the break.

Levi and Harry will be a nightmare to handle. Both excellent marks.
Both can play FF and CHF.

Just have to win that ball.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Heavs wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Exactamundo.

The umpire in question apologized to Williams at a Brownlow night a few years later
Russo overruled him 3 times
So Diesel no votes
Apparently Diesel didn’t back chat the umps once that day as well

In the same way that Bob Skilton is always referred to as “Triple Brownlow Medallist Bob Skilton” , Greg Williams should always be known as “Moral Triple Brownlow Medallist Greg Williams”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well said Agro
Great suggestions.
I will use that from now on.
Might see some traction.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Interesting to see Darcy Cameron may debut Thursday if Cox doesn't get up.

We were courting Darcy before the trade period but went cold on him, probably because Pitto was on the radar.

I watched Darcy play a few NEAFL games and I was impressed. Could see huge upside.

When we were courting him, I thoght he was a steal and a huge loss to Swans future ruck stocks.

Goch I hope our rrecruiters are proven right with Pittonet making his debut in Kreuzer's absence.

Sic 'em Pitto.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:20 am 
John James

I'm really excited about Weiters. Was huge the first game, apparently was a stand out in match sim the other day. This guy can lead our backline and be in All Australian discussions for the next 10 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:06 am 
John Nicholls

Brently8 wrote:
I'm really excited about Weiters. Was huge the first game, apparently was a stand out in match sim the other day. This guy can lead our backline and be in All Australian discussions for the next 10 years.

Yep. He'll be way better than Rance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Brently8 wrote:

Yep. He'll be way better than Rance.

Who is Rance? :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next