Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Just refreshing the memory watching R1 Richmond game.

Jack Martin sure showed a few of his team mates up with his work ethic and effectiveness.

I hope this R2 team is a far better mentally prepared outfit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:

Jack Martin sure showed a few of his team mates up with his work ethic and effectiveness.

He was almost the only one we had who tackled with any intent ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/betts-and-mckay-back-for-the-blues-20200608-p550k5.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:

They call Shaun Burgoyne " Silk "................i reckon they will be calling Jack Martin " Grace " before his career is over.Poise,vision,composure and to top it off such a beautiful graceful player.Pretty to watch i reckon.............yeah, " Grace " it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 pm 
Robert Walls

jezzarules wrote:

No Fisher.

Let’s see Philp in action.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 am 
Garry Crane

Hey guys are we going to have a zoom room for Saturdays clash so we can all be together

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

sandramcd67 wrote:
Hey guys are we going to have a zoom room for Saturdays clash so we can all be together

Is that the same as the worry room?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:32 am 
Garry Crane

lmao do we have a worry room sinners

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am 100% confident that we will be significantly better this year.
If nothing else, the addition of Martin and Docherty will make a huge difference.
Not to mention the clear leap forward that Weitering looks to have made.

And then there is the stuff that I hope will improve us:
- SPS form looked great against the Tigers but can’t say yet whether that is something we can bank
- Teague showed a lot last year - esp his ability to respond with tactical changes during a game. But he is no longer shiny and new. We will now get to see more of his game plan rather than tinkering with the existing plan as per last or just ‘freeing the players up’ as per last year.
- We can bank on Walsh continuing his steady upward trajectory but we now need to see more from Dow and Fisher who have had a fair bit of senior exposure already; similar with big Harry and McGovern
- And there is the unknown potential of Stocker, Philp, Newnes and TDK to look forward to.... hopefully!

I’m not expecting much from Pittonet - I just hope that he competes hard, a la Nankervis to enable our mids to get to work.

So, I don’t know how that places us against the Demons - I rate their list highly although I think their coaching has let them down. But I do expect us to play much better than we did last year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
I am 100% confident that we will be significantly better this year.
If nothing else, the addition of Martin and Docherty will make a huge difference.
Not to mention the clear leap forward that Weitering looks to have made.

And then there is the stuff that I hope will improve us:
- SPS form looked great against the Tigers but can’t say yet whether that is something we can bank
- Teague showed a lot last year - esp his ability to respond with tactical changes during a game. But he is no longer shiny and new. We will now get to see more of his game plan rather than tinkering with the existing plan as per last or just ‘freeing the players up’ as per last year.
- We can bank on Walsh continuing his steady upward trajectory but we now need to see more from Dow and Fisher who have had a fair bit of senior exposure already; similar with big Harry and McGovern
- And there is the unknown potential of Stocker, Philp, Newnes and TDK to look forward to.... hopefully!

I’m not expecting much from Pittonet - I just hope that he competes hard, a la Nankervis to enable our mids to get to work.

So, I don’t know how that places us against the Demons - I rate their list highly although I think their coaching has let them down. But I do expect us to play much better than we did last year.

Their midfield seems pretty good on paper but looks slow ... we need to move the ball quickly and bring in a couple of running types ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I find the obsession with rushing Philp perplexing, is this based on anything other than hope?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:
I find the obsession with rushing Philp perplexing, is this based on anything other than hope?

Hasn't played yet, so still could be anything

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:

I'd put it down to necessity. We're making up the numbers in a season that has a massive asterisk next to it. Perfect opportunity to fast-track.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

kingkerna wrote:

I'd rather get games into him than Dow at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:22 pm 
John Nicholls

jezzarules wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Hasn't played yet, so still could be anything

How long till we destroy him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think we should start him off in the back pocket first, or at least as a hard tagger, you know, so he can learn the caper first.

Two or three years doing that first, then he’ll be ready to go on ball.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

Philip ? surely there is more than one of there newbies putting there hand up ? you'd reckon there would be at least a couple more surely ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
I think we should start him off in the back pocket first, or at least as a hard tagger, you know, so he can learn the caper first.

Two or three years doing that first, then he’ll be ready to go on ball.

:thumbsup:
In the words of Yosemite Sam...
Ha, haha, ha, haha, ah.. Ha... Ha... Hoo... Whooow......

(and for any young ones out there.... Funny... Until reality sets in)
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

showbag wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

I'd rather get games into him than Dow at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 pm 
formerly King Kenny

kingkerna wrote:

Really? The kid has what we miss, intent, tackles, speed and wins the ball.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next