Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Compromised season = Essendon* premiership.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
who are we playing? seriously have no clue. is it announced yet? Is it doggies?

I can't remember if I dreamed it or heard it today - but thought we were playing North Melbourne. If so, Carlton by 15 points.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

DocSherrin III wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
who are we playing? seriously have no clue. is it announced yet? Is it doggies?

I can't remember if I dreamed it or heard it today - but thought we were playing North Melbourne. If so, Carlton by 150 points.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Nice of the club to train from 8 till 3 and provide us with 1 minute 15 seconds of video.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Plenty of photos, an interview with Harry and a video, all released on the day of return. I thought it was well done from the club. :?
As for our next opponent, I hope it's not the Kangas. They've been too powerful in the midfield for us to consistently get near them of late.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:55 pm 
Ken Hands

I'm tipping it will be Essendon* R2.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Carlton will return from the shutdown with Melbourne as their next competitor at marvel.

Harry, Eddie back and Pittonet taking Kreuzer's spot for his first game for Carlton.

Gawn vs Pittonet. I hope Pitto brings his most aggressive game to date and smashes him.

That's where it will start for us. Gawn must be nullified.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Round 3 on a Saturday night at that shit hole in Geelong. The one time I'm grateful we can't attend.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:30 pm 
John James

3rd year in a row we have had to go down to that shithole. We haven't even had a home game against them since July 2017. I know we are in unprecendented times but going 4 years without a home game against a team is bullshit!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

If you have the ability to play through the corridor it don’t matter how narrow the wings are.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
If you have the ability to play through the corridor it don’t matter how narrow the wings are.

said the actress to the bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Were we supposed to play Geelong in Geelong in the original fixture this year?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm 
John James

It was originally our home game at Marvel Stadium.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

Name another Melbourne club that has had to play at Geelong for the last 3 years in a row.
This is bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Hopefully with the shorter quarters, Teague doesn't see this as an opportunity to flog the same 4 players in the midfield.
I'm a strong supporter of Teague but his theory of playing the same blokes for 80%+ of the game does little for development. In reality, it just runs the group of 4 into the ground.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 am 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
keogh wrote:

said the actress to the bishop

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Thoughts re the membership offerings in today's email?

Refund, rollover, etc?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:24 am 
formerly King Kenny

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Refund, rollover, etc?

Tax deduction! Perfect.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Refund, rollover, etc?

Didn't get it
Bummer. I'm keen to see the options.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Refund, rollover, etc?

Didn't get it
Bummer. I'm keen to see the options.

Dear favorite fan of mine,

With the release of the revised AFL fixture announced on Monday, we’re excited our 2020 season will resume in a Saturday twilight match at Marvel Stadium against Melbourne, in what is the first of a four-game fixture detailed by the AFL.

The next three games will see us face Geelong, Essendon* and St Kilda, also on Saturdays, with our clashes against the Cats and Bombers to be under lights.

However, we are fully aware that a return to play will not be a return to football as it should be.

Our football club will not be whole again until each and every one of you are back in the stands supporting us and making that incredible noise that only the Carlton faithful can make.

Every message you have been sending on social media, every email and every phone call you have made offering your encouragement and support – it gets heard, it gets read, it gets listened to and most importantly it has lifted the spirits of every player, coach and staff member at your football club.

You have kept your football club alive during this period, that is something you should be incredibly proud of and we cannot thank you enough. We may not be playing in front of you during these next four games, but we will be playing for you.

Now that we have a clearer understanding of the restructured season, we are in a position to provide you with some options for your 2020 membership. We’ve been overwhelmed by the magnitude of members who have expressed a desire to leave their 2020 membership with the Club in recent weeks and we couldn’t be more grateful for that.

Please take the time to listen to Crippa and Loynsey’s message to you all, which can be viewed here.

In return for the support of our 2020 Member Zone members who wish to pledge their membership to the Club, we will be hosting them at a special member appreciation event once we are able to come together again, and proudly showcasing their names on our banner at the Club’s first home game in 2021. Importantly, our Member Zone members will also receive an additional membership in 2021 that can be given to a loved one who wasn't a member in 2020.

The most important thing a supporter can do is join their football club as a member and we want to use this situation as an opportunity to introduce as many new members to Carlton as possible. We need to use every lever available to us to build the financial muscle of our club. No club in the AFL has the capacity to grow its membership like Carlton does and we need to make the most of this competitive advantage we have over so many other teams in the competition.

In addition, all members who pledge their 2020 membership to the Club will have their membership price for 2021 frozen. To pledge your 2020 membership and leave your fees with the Club, click here where you’ll be prompted to login using this email address and complete a short form.

Alternatively, members can click here to turn their 2020 membership fees into a tax-deductible donation through the Australian Sports Foundation, with Carlton Football Club covering the fees associated with this. Members can also request a call here to discuss a range of other alternatives including refunds, vouchers to spend at The Carlton Shop and credit options for future membership payments. If we don’t hear from you before Monday 31 August, your 2020 membership will remain with the Club, making you eligible for all pledge benefits listed above. 

As always, our Membership team is here for you via phone and email, so please feel free to reach out should you need any assistance.

Whatever option you decide on, we wanted to once again thank you for your unwavering support. We are so lucky to have you as a member and we can’t wait to see you back at the footy.

Cain Liddle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next