Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Thoughts re the membership offerings in today's email?

Refund, rollover, etc?

Didn't get it
Bummer. I'm keen to see the options.

Dear favorite fan of mine,

With the release of the revised AFL fixture announced on Monday, we’re excited our 2020 season will resume in a Saturday twilight match at Marvel Stadium against Melbourne, in what is the first of a four-game fixture detailed by the AFL.

The next three games will see us face Geelong, Essendon** and St Kilda, also on Saturdays, with our clashes against the Cats and Bombers to be under lights.

However, we are fully aware that a return to play will not be a return to football as it should be.

Our football club will not be whole again until each and every one of you are back in the stands supporting us and making that incredible noise that only the Carlton faithful can make.

Every message you have been sending on social media, every email and every phone call you have made offering your encouragement and support – it gets heard, it gets read, it gets listened to and most importantly it has lifted the spirits of every player, coach and staff member at your football club.

You have kept your football club alive during this period, that is something you should be incredibly proud of and we cannot thank you enough. We may not be playing in front of you during these next four games, but we will be playing for you.

Now that we have a clearer understanding of the restructured season, we are in a position to provide you with some options for your 2020 membership. We’ve been overwhelmed by the magnitude of members who have expressed a desire to leave their 2020 membership with the Club in recent weeks and we couldn’t be more grateful for that.

Please take the time to listen to Crippa and Loynsey’s message to you all, which can be viewed here.

In return for the support of our 2020 Member Zone members who wish to pledge their membership to the Club, we will be hosting them at a special member appreciation event once we are able to come together again, and proudly showcasing their names on our banner at the Club’s first home game in 2021. Importantly, our Member Zone members will also receive an additional membership in 2021 that can be given to a loved one who wasn't a member in 2020.

The most important thing a supporter can do is join their football club as a member and we want to use this situation as an opportunity to introduce as many new members to Carlton as possible. We need to use every lever available to us to build the financial muscle of our club. No club in the AFL has the capacity to grow its membership like Carlton does and we need to make the most of this competitive advantage we have over so many other teams in the competition.

In addition, all members who pledge their 2020 membership to the Club will have their membership price for 2021 frozen. To pledge your 2020 membership and leave your fees with the Club, click here where you’ll be prompted to login using this email address and complete a short form.

Alternatively, members can click here to turn their 2020 membership fees into a tax-deductible donation through the Australian Sports Foundation, with Carlton Football Club covering the fees associated with this. Members can also request a call here to discuss a range of other alternatives including refunds, vouchers to spend at The Carlton Shop and credit options for future membership payments. If we don’t hear from you before Monday 31 August, your 2020 membership will remain with the Club, making you eligible for all pledge benefits listed above. 

As always, our Membership team is here for you via phone and email, so please feel free to reach out should you need any assistance.

Whatever option you decide on, we wanted to once again thank you for your unwavering support. We are so lucky to have you as a member and we can’t wait to see you back at the footy.

Cain Liddle

That's where I went wrong, I'm not a favourite fan! :grin:
But getting back to my whinge. Considering I pay upwards of $1500 per year for a reserved family membership, an email would have been nice.
Funnily enough, they don't have any problem contacting me when they want some bucks.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Thoughts re the membership offerings in today's email?

Refund, rollover, etc?

Didn't get it
Bummer. I'm keen to see the options.

Dear favorite fan of mine,

With the release of the revised AFL fixture announced on Monday, we’re excited our 2020 season will resume in a Saturday twilight match at Marvel Stadium against Melbourne, in what is the first of a four-game fixture detailed by the AFL.

The next three games will see us face Geelong, Essendon** and St Kilda, also on Saturdays, with our clashes against the Cats and Bombers to be under lights.

However, we are fully aware that a return to play will not be a return to football as it should be.

Our football club will not be whole again until each and every one of you are back in the stands supporting us and making that incredible noise that only the Carlton faithful can make.

Every message you have been sending on social media, every email and every phone call you have made offering your encouragement and support – it gets heard, it gets read, it gets listened to and most importantly it has lifted the spirits of every player, coach and staff member at your football club.

You have kept your football club alive during this period, that is something you should be incredibly proud of and we cannot thank you enough. We may not be playing in front of you during these next four games, but we will be playing for you.

Now that we have a clearer understanding of the restructured season, we are in a position to provide you with some options for your 2020 membership. We’ve been overwhelmed by the magnitude of members who have expressed a desire to leave their 2020 membership with the Club in recent weeks and we couldn’t be more grateful for that.

Please take the time to listen to Crippa and Loynsey’s message to you all, which can be viewed here.

In return for the support of our 2020 Member Zone members who wish to pledge their membership to the Club, we will be hosting them at a special member appreciation event once we are able to come together again, and proudly showcasing their names on our banner at the Club’s first home game in 2021. Importantly, our Member Zone members will also receive an additional membership in 2021 that can be given to a loved one who wasn't a member in 2020.

The most important thing a supporter can do is join their football club as a member and we want to use this situation as an opportunity to introduce as many new members to Carlton as possible. We need to use every lever available to us to build the financial muscle of our club. No club in the AFL has the capacity to grow its membership like Carlton does and we need to make the most of this competitive advantage we have over so many other teams in the competition.

In addition, all members who pledge their 2020 membership to the Club will have their membership price for 2021 frozen. To pledge your 2020 membership and leave your fees with the Club, click here where you’ll be prompted to login using this email address and complete a short form.

Alternatively, members can click here to turn their 2020 membership fees into a tax-deductible donation through the Australian Sports Foundation, with Carlton Football Club covering the fees associated with this. Members can also request a call here to discuss a range of other alternatives including refunds, vouchers to spend at The Carlton Shop and credit options for future membership payments. If we don’t hear from you before Monday 31 August, your 2020 membership will remain with the Club, making you eligible for all pledge benefits listed above. 

As always, our Membership team is here for you via phone and email, so please feel free to reach out should you need any assistance.

Whatever option you decide on, we wanted to once again thank you for your unwavering support. We are so lucky to have you as a member and we can’t wait to see you back at the footy.

Cain Liddle

A carefully crafted piece.

The last sentence is a cracker.

Who really wrote that?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

What's a loynsey

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:05 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

That's where I went wrong, I'm not a favourite fan! :grin:
But getting back to my whinge. Considering I pay upwards of $1500 per year for a reserved family membership, an email would have been nice.
Funnily enough, they don't have any problem contacting me when they want some bucks.

Can’t remember where I saw it, but I did read that the release of member options was going to be staggered with, I believe, the higher cost membership options being released last in order to allow the club time to devise plans around how to best reward those who’ve committed the most dollars.

From memory, your email and info would be due early next week.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

:thumbsup:
Thanks Cecil

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:24 am 
Rod Ashman

It was in an email from the CEO in early May

Quote:
Providing we receive the required information from the AFL next week in relation to the season's recommencement, we will be in a position to begin communicating a range of options on how you can manage your 2020 membership. To ensure we can respond to any queries in a timely and efficient manner, we have re-mobilised our Membership team and will be staggering membership-related communications as per the below time frames.

Membership type

3 Game, Country, General Admission Home, General Admission Home and Away, MCC Week commencing 18 May

Member Zone, Interstate Week commencing 25 May

Members Reserve, Captains Club Reserved, Cheersquad, Legends Lounge Week commencing 1 June

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Oh my goodness just watched the full interview with Andrew Russell on Fox Footy today.

Talk about impressive !

Best bit was him talking up the groups new found intent and professionalism - all driven by the new leaders Crippa Doc Walsh Weiters and the off-field staff Liddle Lloyd...

Great interview to check out if you can.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:19 pm 
John Nicholls

Link to full interview here:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/7010 ... 0814053001

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Oh my goodness just watched the full interview with Andrew Russell on Fox Footy today.

Talk about impressive !

Best bit was him talking up the groups new found intent and professionalism - all driven by the new leaders Crippa Doc Walsh Weiters and the off-field staff Liddle Lloyd...

This is the most moving interview I have witnessed since the SOS rebuild started 5 years ago.

Leaders and leadership.
High standards.
Physical Improvement.
Motivated bunch.
Elite kids
Elite kids moving into age bracket we have been short in.

Russell hoping the like of McKay step up in 2020, a year earlier than expected for his age.

Curnow is a hybrid athlete/footballer: can do everything.

Confirms my confidence in this group to perform well this year and finals would not surprise me.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Talk about impressive !

This is the most moving interview I have witnessed since the SOS rebuild started 5 years ago.

Leaders and leadership.
High standards.
Physical Improvement.
Motivated bunch.
Elite kids

Russell hoping the like of McKay step up in 2020, a year earlier than expected for his age.

Confirms my confidence in this group to perform well this year and finals would not surprise me.

Fantastic interview. Plenty of pleasing info and insights.

I’ve stated repeatedly that I want nothing more than for us to return to being a true power club on and off field.

The time has come for us to start delivering on field. With what we have endured in ‘modern times’, even the most rusted on of us would be sick of the talk without being backed up with actual performance.

As always, I’ll be supporting the boys wholeheartedly and hoping like hell we can get some wins.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Talk about impressive !

Leaders and leadership.
High standards.
Physical Improvement.
Motivated bunch.
Elite kids

Fantastic interview. Plenty of pleasing info and insights.

I’ve stated repeatedly that I want nothing more than for us to return to being a true power club on and off field.

The time has come for us to start delivering on field. With what we have endured in ‘modern times’, even the most rusted on of us would be sick of the talk without being backed up with actual performance.

As always, I’ll be supporting the boys wholeheartedly and hoping like hell we can get some wins.

There is no doubt about Russells credentials, BUT I'm yet to see his impact on the playing groups intensity, consistency and desire on the playing field. I've posted similar thoughts before, but this team is not showing consistent application, intensity etc over the total period of each game they have played. Its IMO a big reason why we have lapses which inevitably means the opposition gets a four goal (or similar) jump on us that we cannot catch. This has been an issue for at least the last five years. Russell has had his probation. If he is talking up fitness etc, then we should not be seeing these lapses. The time is now, The boys have to play competitive footy over four quarters every time they play. NO EXCUSES. There is no time for talking, the time is for action and winning more games than not.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Spoke really well, we want to see results though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:04 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:

For two days now, I have been getting a message telling me I can't watch video from the AFL or CFC sites because there is a media error the format is not supported.

After 18 years of connecting every day...

I have no idea what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:24 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
robertbb wrote:

For two days now, I have been getting a message telling me I can't watch video from the AFL or CFC sites because there is a media error the format is not supported.

Hmm, still works ok for me on my old iPad Air with Safari. Have you recently changed whatever you use to view? Ie updated android version, iOS version, browser version, Operating System version?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:27 am 
Stephen Silvagni

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Hmm, still works ok for me on my old iPad Air with Safari. Have you recently changed whatever you use to view? Ie updated android version, iOS version, browser version, Operating System version?

Is it available on-demand via the WatchAFL app ?

Look for the AFL Live program for 30th May.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Hi BS, I keep getting that on one of my PC s.
No idea why, but I have found that after a day or so, it works fine.
Always get the error on the relative 'latest' videos...
I'm betting it's their end (uploading or something) and when something else is uploaded (and saved/closed off properly) it eliminates the error.
Definitely not me, and I am not paid enough to sort out their problem.
See how you go,
I have found :
-works on my phone
-works on my dodgy old Samsung tablet
-works (when I get the error) after a day or so (and other stuff is on the website.

See how you go!

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

I hope that the recent comments coming from the club is true that the players are sick of not winning and this season we are seeking to rectify that .
We all no doubt are impatient for wins and sick of losing .
First quarter of Richmond game didn’t suggest that was the case but maybe it was an aberration and I hope Saturday week we show more resolve and restart the season by taking MELBOURNE down
Let’s as I said a month ago get a good start and if we dominant put it on the scoreboard
Melbourne are brittle but again if we give them a 5 goal start will lose .
We do need to be more mentally tough and more consistent both within games and across a number of games as a team
I also don’t think there is enough ruthlessness in the team in terms of when they are on top going forward the jugular and making sure they put the other side out of the game
Too nice for too long and largely irrelevant for years this year is an opportunity for our team to start forging a new story and a new platform for sustained success
It is long overdue
More grit more attitude more mental toughness would be a good start

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
I hope that the recent comments coming from the club is true that the players are sick of not winning and this season we are seeking to rectify that .
First quarter of Richmond game didn’t suggest that was the case but maybe it was an aberration and I hope Saturday week we show more resolve and restart the season by taking MELBOURNE down
Let’s as I said a month ago get a good start and if we dominant put it on the scoreboard
We do need to be more mentally tough and more consistent both within games and across a number of games as a team
I also don’t think there is enough ruthlessness in the team in terms of when they are on top going forward the jugular and making sure they put the other side out of the game
Too nice for too long and largely irrelevant for years this year is an opportunity for our team to start forging a new story and a new platform for sustained success
It is long overdue

Agree 100% Frank :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Thanks folks.
Might be an upgrade issue.
Doesn't work on my desktop OR android phone.
I'll wait a while and see if it happens by itself.

EDIT:
The ads work.
I'm getting sick of getting into a wheelie bin full of ice...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:42 am 
Bob Chitty

frank dardew wrote:
It is long overdue

Agree completely Franky.
Mental toughness and ruthlessness is the key. We can continue to bring in the talent and let them develop, but unless we develop a strong resolve, consistent application and a ruthlessness we won’t achieve what we want. Time for some more “unsociable” football. The best teams have that edge. We need to develop it and fast.
From what I saw round 1, Martin has the edge. From the start you could see that he was throwing everything he had into that contest. I loved watching it. However, when you see a guy trying so hard, it also shines a light on what others aren’t doing to the same level. Time for a few more to jump on board.
On Melbourne, I think they’ll be a bit better than last year but so will we. They’re not anywhere near a ruthless side. If we hit them hard early, they are every chance to take a backwards step. Would like to see Pitto (who by all reports has a bit of mongrel) make Gawn’s day as tough as possible, like Port did to him round 1 last year.
I see this game as a massive opportunity to turn the corner and start building the platform to become the team we all hope to see. We haven’t won either of our first two games in a season since 2012. This is the perfect opportunity to change that. We can’t be heading to Geelong for round 3 with an 0-2 record.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next