Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

A few posters mentioned the need for a quick defender. This is why Polson played preseason there. I watched all 3 games and he showed potential in that role, although others were quick to write him off.
Don't think we can have Plow, Simmo and Newman in the same team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm 
Bob Chitty

Crippas comments on page 3 of this thread about Murphy are spot on.
He does my head in. And you can tell opposition players don't really respect him and haven't for years.
And if they don't, ours won't.
But he does just enough good things and gets the ball...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:19 pm 
John James

BigGartos wrote:
He does my head in. And you can tell opposition players don't really respect him and haven't for years.

Is that enough?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Just watching the game. The first mark of the year was taken by Walsh sixty out. Two Richmond players ran past him inside the 10 metre protected area. Nothing. Ten seconds later, the same umpire awarded Edwards the 50 metre penalty for a goal. Just in case Dimma thinks they were hard done by.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beijing Blue wrote:
BigGartos wrote:

Is that enough?

Just

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Apparently we played a 14v14 scratch match against Richmonds excess players. Does anyone have any info from it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:56 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Just watching the game. The first mark of the year was taken by Walsh sixty out. Two Richmond players ran past him inside the 10 metre protected area. Nothing. Ten seconds later, the same umpire awarded Edwards the 50 metre penalty for a goal. Just in case Dimma thinks they were hard done by.

I've watched the game 3 times now.

There's ample examples of umpires turning a blind eye to infringements made by Tigers.

Blatant push in the backs, dropping knees, Holding, Dusty is out of control out there with his aggression and never pulled up.

Once I worked out what was going on to keep our boys out of the play, I think we did really well.
We seemed to control the game. I enjoyed watching the game after the first time, and I'll watch it again.

Their backmen got pulled up a few times for infringements but they constantly illegally block, hold, shepherd our forwards more than they got pulled up for it.
Levi would have been great to have as our key forward, coz he's a big log and hard to move ditto Charlie and Harry.

We will surprise a few this year ... especially when we have a fair umpire adjudicating.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Apparently we played a 14v14 scratch match against Richmonds excess players. Does anyone have any info from it?

Yeah I read that too.

I'll ask someone who would have been there with that group.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

There's ample examples of umpires turning a blind eye to infringements made by Tigers.

Blatant push in the backs, dropping knees, Holding, Dusty is out of control out there with his aggression and never pulled up.

Once I worked out what was going on to keep our boys out of the play, I think we did really well.
We seemed to control the game. I enjoyed watching the game after the first time, and I'll watch it again.

Their backmen got pulled up a few times for infringements but they constantly illegally block, hold, shepherd our forwards more than they got pulled up for it.
Levi would have been great to have as our key forward, coz he's a big log and hard to move ditto Charlie and Harry.

We will surprise a few this year ... especially when we have a fair umpire adjudicating.

Yes! :thumbsup:
Stay well BB
Great post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:19 am 
Ken Hunter

disappointing first quarter - seriously sitting in from of the TV there was an air of "@#$%&! not again! (I am still haunted by that horrible game at the MCG against the tigers - was it Setanta's first game?) Pleased that they kept working and working but think they got it a bit wrong at selection. Still need two runners with speed in that side, players who will run and run. Both ways! As others have said very disappointed with both DOW and Setterfield (who I rate so I hope this is one he moves on from). I wanted De Koning to play, well now he gets his chance (if we play again that is).

Must we wait until the end of the Kruiser/Murph era? Kruise is heart and soul but the end is nigh...and Murph...

If we can get some of the injured back and add some speed still think we can improve a lot on last year.

Martin - was a @#$%&! steal!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Individually each of the smaller players on the backline can play

Simpson
Newman
Plowman

But there is no zip amongst them. No breaking lines. Thats why I’d like to see Williamson get a game. I think he adds something none of the others have

I agree. On Thursday night's showing, Newman should miss.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Would we have won with Shiel and Coniglio ..?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

I live in hope always.......Tigers have won three out of the last four Flags so they aint bad.We actually outplayed them for long periods of the game which gives me hope.But as a wise poster has already mentioned not enough doing enough.Its left too they same few.That bottom six gotta do more or flick 'em and give the new batch a go.........................anyhow,being one of the older generation i am more concerned about " The Boomer Remover " than the footy........Faaarking grim hey.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:41 am 
formerly King Kenny

Mickstar wrote:
I live in hope always.......Tigers have won three out of the last four Flags so they aint bad.We actually outplayed them for long periods of the game which gives me hope.But as a wise poster has already mentioned not enough doing enough.Its left too they same few.That bottom six gotta do more or flick 'em and give the new batch a go.........................anyhow,being one of the older generation i am more concerned about " The Boomer Remover " than the footy........Faaarking grim hey.

2 of last 3 Mick. Don’t give these bastards any more credit than they deserve :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am 
Ken Hands

Against 2 interstate teams. They didn’t win...they were gifted 2 flags... especially last year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Interesting comments on Plowman. I heard Charlie Cameron interviewed last year and he talked about getting stronger because players like Plowman matched him up well and beat him for strength. Plowman also has performed very well against Walters. 2 of the best small forwards in the AFL.
Obviously the coaches see his value but too many here don't.

Do you have a link?

And did you see the Marsh Cup?

As for the coaches seeing his value, there's many reasons why we've been anchored at or near the bottom for the last five years...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Been going on for a few years now bondi, they have turned out just as bad than hawthorn at the height of their success if not worse, one thing they do better than hawthorn however is how clumsy they pretend to be while impeding their opponent, to me that's fine but what i don't understand is the lack of understanding or judgement from those maggots adjudicating each and every game

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 am 
Craig Bradley

Working out the maths, our score of 81 in a 64 min games is the equivalent of scoring 102 in a full game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
Working out the maths, our score of 81 in a 64 min games is the equivalent of scoring 102 in a full game.

Do that with Richmond's score and we lose by how much?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next