Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

All the very best.

Last start winners against them.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:33 pm 
Banned

Winning will be a bonus but meh... just want to see better structure and skills execution.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:29 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Hope the boys check into this game coz they didn’t against Freo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Does anyone know what it costs to get into this game?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Winning will be a bonus but meh... just want to see better structure and skills execution.

Ditto. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:21 pm 
Robert Walls

CFC8795 wrote:

If we play like last week, it will cost you your optimism and bleach for your eyes.

$20 GA and $30 for the Legends Stand.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

toddkurnski wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:

If we play like last week, it will cost you your optimism and bleach for your eyes.

$20 GA and $30 for the Legends Stand.

Thanks. Hopefully we will play better than last week.
My optimism is rock solid :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:56 am 
Rod Ashman

Who is in the frame to play this week but didn’t play against Freo?
Is Stocker likely to play? I saw one columnist in the HS tipped him to win the Rising Star this year - I wasn’t sure whether he genuinely believes this or whether he was just taking the piss.

In any event, I’m keen to see Martin play a bit more, and SPS and McGovern.
Also hoping to see a more sustained performance from Dow and Fisher - I actually thought they were very good in patches but just drifted out of the game too often (clearly no-one else thinks the same :smile: ).

Are we expecting this team to be pretty close to our Round 1 team or more experimentation e.g. of those players vying for a spot on our list?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 pm 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
Who is in the frame to play this week but didn’t play against Freo?
Is Stocker likely to play? I saw one columnist in the HS tipped him to win the Rising Star this year - I wasn’t sure whether he genuinely believes this or whether he was just taking the piss.

In any event, I’m keen to see Martin play a bit more, and SPS and McGovern.
Also hoping to see a more sustained performance from Dow and Fisher - I actually thought they were very good in patches but just drifted out of the game too often (clearly no-one else thinks the same :smile: ).

Are we expecting this team to be pretty close to our Round 1 team or more experimentation e.g. of those players vying for a spot on our list?

I thought Fisher was good. Once again though, Dow just didn’t get it enough while playing as a full time mid.

I hope/expect

Cripps, Betts, Plowman, Murphy, SPS and probably McGovern in.

Kreuzer and Martin to play full games.

No idea if LOB plays or not. Don’t think Stocker plays.

Players like Kennedy, Dow, Lang, TDK, Philp and Polson (player alright so maybe stays in) and the SSP trial players out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Doesn't matter who plays this week as long as those who do play with intent and a willingness to perform.

Every player should get senior games at certain times throughout the year and should be expected and prepared well enough to perform when they do. In saying that I don't expect any player to play every game as that is just too hard to do these days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I would hope this team is pretty close to the Rd1 team and that those on the field actually turn up to play.
I think Cripps's comments about no excuses during the week will be enough.
Bris has a strong midfield as we know but ur best is pretty good, although maybe a bit thing for experience.

Looking for a guts effort.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:41 am 
John Nicholls

Hoping the boys show up. Gonna round up some mates, have a couple of frothies and check it out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Really important to put in their best effort this weekend; goes without saying (but I did).

With 8 on the bench, all the fringe players putting their hand up for a spot should get a game: Newman, Newnes, Dow,
Jack Martin gave the group a first hand example of what 100% attack on man and ball looks like, and I expect this is the standard expected from every player serious about playing round 1 and beyond.

This is the last hit out before round 1, and we should be playing those most likely to be considered for round 1.
Marchbank and Stocker played well in the VFL last Friday and may be considered.

I expect Kreuzer and Martin to play close to 80% game time this week.
Casboult to give Kreuzer the chop out. One of TDK or Pinnetet to play and relieve Kreuzer off the bench if Casboult is the only genuine KPF likely to play round 1.

Expect the return of Plowman, Cripps, Betts, Murphy and SPS. If Obrien is fit, he should be picked to play too. There's 6 new for a start. Add the Gov and Marchy to play at least 50%: max 8 replacements.

I'm guessing the 8 to be replaced will be Sturgess, Moore, Gibbons (inj), Lang, Philp, Polson and one of TDK /Pittenet and one of Kennedy/ Newnes if Marchbank plays.

Polson unlucky but at least we've had a look at him against AFL level opposition, and Kennedy lucky to have another go after a sluggish show last game as he may be competing with Jack for a spot imo...I've got Jack way ahead of Kennedy for a spot in round 1.

Philp may be a wild card selection, but doubt it. I'm guessing we need to have another look at Newnes to see if he is going to be better than last game and push for consideration for round 1.

Fingers crossed Marchbank and Gov are played at least 50% of the game.

Don't think Stockers gets a chance despite playing well as a midfielder against the Bumbers VFL team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/57255 ... _155846153

Where to play Marchbank? I would be inclined to settle Jones, Plowman & Weitering in defence - alongside rotating combinations of Doc, Newman, Willo, SPS & Simmo - and trial Marchbank on a wing. He might need a block of VFL games to catch up his match fitness, but he has shown glimpses in that position before.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm going for the 'training loads' theory to account for last week. Hopefully those tired legs + rust account for crappy skills. Have nothing to go on at all but it helps me perk up...

I am interested to see where Gibbons is rated in the midfield pecking order (based on current ability not potential)- here is something to start with:
Cripps
Murph
Ed
Walsh
Fish
SPS
Dow
Gibbons?
Setters
JSOS
Cunningham
Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm a fan of 2 tall mobile backmen: interceprors, taggers, zoners, play against big and small, and run.

Plowman and Marchbank.

I have them both in my starting 22. They don't row on trees these types.

If I had to pick between the , I'd start with marchbank, then its up to Lachie.

That's just my opinion. No need to argue about which one would be in my 22.

Answer: Both.

So looking forward to see that back line gel...the 7 of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Arnhem blues wrote:
I'm going for the 'training loads' theory to account for last week. Hopefully those tired legs + rust account for crappy skills. Have nothing to go on at all but it helps me perk up...

I am interested to see where Gibbons is rated in the midfield pecking order (based on current ability not potential)- here is something to start with:
Cripps
Murph
Ed
Walsh
Fish
SPS
Dow
Gibbons?
Setters
JSOS
Cunningham
Kennedy

Interesting question I agree.

He's been selected in the 18 this week.
Its saying something from the MC.
He's a big chance, based on form and ability.

It mght be his spot to loose this week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 pm 
Robert Walls

Philp still there as well.

Picked ahead of his fellow draftees and ahead of Stocker and LOB. AIRCAV was reporting LOB had some bruising so not surprising.

My expectation for this match is set around skill execution after lasts weeks showing. Hopefully this also contributes to playing a more obvious Teague game style.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Whilst Fisher was the only player to stake a claim for a spot in round 1 in last week's game, from what I've seen thus far, he still needs to improve in the area of tackling.

I witnessed at least 2 of Fisher's attempts to tackle were broken for shots on goal: one was a goal. The effort or ability was questionable at the time for me.

The track watchers, including team mates have mentioned the obvious change in body shape in Fisher, with added muscle and the old zip back. I expected an improvement in his tackling and improvement at holding his ground when pushed.

He's an absolute starter for me, and he reminds me of Billy Slater before he stacked on 10 years of muscle. I want to see improvement in Fisher's tackling this weekend. Make 'em stick Fish.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Setterfield is another who has impressed his team mates most with his fitness levels.

I'd like to see him get a bit more physical in the contest.

I don't think he has lost his uncanny ability to stick a tackle, but I'd like to see him hold his ground in a contest and dish it out; something that was missing last week.

I expect him to focus on regaining his DE%, coz last game he missed a few targets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next