Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 am 
Bruce Doull

So good to see Eddie back out there

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
So good to see Eddie back out there

Doesn’t look a day over 36.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

Post subject: 2020 Pre-season training
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

You somehow made him look like Don Burke!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-07/ ... -drug-code

Quote:
CARLTON headlines a list of four clubs sanctioned by the AFL on Thursday for failing to update their players' post-season movements.

The Blues have been slapped with a $10,000 fine under the League's drug testing code with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority where players are required to provide up-to-date information on their whereabouts to permit out-of-competition drug testing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:56 pm 
Bert Deacon

Had a look at training for an hour or so this morning to whet the appetite. By my count, just over half the list was out on the track, mostly the young blokes as expected but also appearances from Jones, Casboult and Newman (no Eddie while I was there). Of the old blokes only Jones was completing everything with the main group. Levi disappeared relatively early and Newman was running laps for a fair chunk of what I saw.

Probably the injury group (or modified load?), but Macreadie and SPS were separated from the main bunch doing lighter work, agility stuff and slow run throughs. Williamson did most of the early part of the session (and looked in good shape), but when they were all running he was in the same group as Samo and Macreadie, along with one other (may have been Polson). De Koning appeared later but only ran slow laps.

Most of what I watched involved short sharp passing drills by foot and lots of chatter. To begin with there were two main groups of about 10, short passing in a 25-30m triangle. They were really going for their kicks, plenty of pepper on them, very aggressive (and being encouraged to do so by the coaches). One group looked distinctly cleaner than the other, not sure if this was by design or just the way the cookie crumbled. Walsh, Stocker, O’Dwyer all looked very neat and were hitting their targets consistently with bullets, whilst the likes of DeLuca, Casboult and even Newman looked very tentative with theirs, much more reluctant to really smash it.

The next drill I watched was a seven on three short passing drill, which was an extension of what they’d been working on immediately prior. This version involved some pressure from the three on the defensive team, despite being significantly out numbered. Stanton was running this drill. He gave plenty of loud, clear and simple instructions and encouragement, which surprised me a little as I’ve hardly heard him in other sessions I’ve attended. He kept reminding the offensive team to make the ground big, stretch the defenders out (which shouldn’t have been difficult) and take the easy option whenever they could.

There was one handballing drill that I watched, three offensive players running the gauntlet against two or three coaches in a narrow, 15-20m long corridor. I guess they were attempting to practice finding space (where there wasn’t much), drawing a defender and timing your run. Williamson and Walsh both looked very slick in the group I was watching.

Not too much else that I thought worthy of note in the hour or so I took in, but suffice to say they all looked in great nick and were obviously training the house down.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

snakehips wrote:
Had a look at training for an hour or so this morning to whet the appetite. By my count, just over half the list was out on the track, mostly the young blokes as expected but also appearances from Jones, Casboult and Newman (no Eddie while I was there). Of the old blokes only Jones was completing everything with the main group. Levi disappeared relatively early and Newman was running laps for a fair chunk of what I saw.

Probably the injury group (or modified load?), but Macreadie and SPS were separated from the main bunch doing lighter work, agility stuff and slow run throughs. Williamson did most of the early part of the session (and looked in good shape), but when they were all running he was in the same group as Samo and Macreadie, along with one other (may have been Polson). De Koning appeared later but only ran slow laps.

Most of what I watched involved short sharp passing drills by foot and lots of chatter. To begin with there were two main groups of about 10, short passing in a 25-30m triangle. They were really going for their kicks, plenty of pepper on them, very aggressive (and being encouraged to do so by the coaches). One group looked distinctly cleaner than the other, not sure if this was by design or just the way the cookie crumbled. Walsh, Stocker, O’Dwyer all looked very neat and were hitting their targets consistently with bullets, whilst the likes of DeLuca, Casboult and even Newman looked very tentative with theirs, much more reluctant to really smash it.

The next drill I watched was a seven on three short passing drill, which was an extension of what they’d been working on immediately prior. This version involved some pressure from the three on the defensive team, despite being significantly out numbered. Stanton was running this drill. He gave plenty of loud, clear and simple instructions and encouragement, which surprised me a little as I’ve hardly heard him in other sessions I’ve attended. He kept reminding the offensive team to make the ground big, stretch the defenders out (which shouldn’t have been difficult) and take the easy option whenever they could.

There was one handballing drill that I watched, three offensive players running the gauntlet against two or three coaches in a narrow, 15-20m long corridor. I guess they were attempting to practice finding space (where there wasn’t much), drawing a defender and timing your run. Williamson and Walsh both looked very slick in the group I was watching.

Not too much else that I thought worthy of note in the hour or so I took in, but suffice to say they all looked in great nick and were obviously training the house down.

SSSSSSSSSSspecial from the SSSSSSSsssssssnakehips.

Thankssssssssssssssssssss.

I did that without a lisp too. Onya legend :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Thanks for that.
Every bit counts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm 
Robert Walls

snakehips wrote:

Thanks.

Williamson training and looking sharp is great news. Fingers crossed for him. He has IT.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Thanks snakehips :smoking:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:21 pm 
John James

Gotta love a good training report :beer:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Thanks Snake...........thanks for going to the trouble of checkin' 'em out................reckon its gold this time of year when it seem's like an eternity when we last played.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: Pre-season training
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Blue Sombrero wrote:
The photo of Stocker.
Great build for a midfielder already.
Strong all over for one so young.
He will be a beast.
Agree.

Reminds me of Luke Hodge in terms of his physicality and skill. Usually those 2 don't go hand in hand.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:53 am 
Bruce Doull

Gracias snake :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
Gracias snake :thumbsup:

Is that a mod breaking one of the rules??
:razz:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:34 pm 
Robert Walls

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarltonFC/st ... 2430977024

Lest we forget.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Everyone does look a little more trimmed. Hopefully the younger guys have got the cores stronger to help them in the contest though. I don’t remember Hawks or Port teams under AR being especially muscular but they never suffered because of it and generally seemed to have less injuries.

https://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-11 ... ovember-13