Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Normal One wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
kezza wrote:
Read the numbers on another forum, nothing official on the CFC website.
Apparently 13,000 up on this time last year.

Pretty easy to do when you auto-renew members without letting them know beforehand.
Not happy Jan!
:mad:

Not true. I received an email outlining everything that was happening with changes this year. If people didn’t receive it, maybe they should update their contact details.

Not true for you maybe.
I rang them today and asked the question and I was told that they “would’ve” sent an email, sent a text and mailed me. I got nothing and all 3 contact points were correct as they have been for years. I was also told that the auto-renew was because of the captains club upgrades. As an interstate member I didn’t upgrade any 3 of my memberships yet they all renewed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
kezza wrote:

Pretty easy to do when you auto-renew members without letting them know beforehand.
Not happy Jan!

Not true. I received an email outlining everything that was happening with changes this year. If people didn’t receive it, maybe they should update their contact details.

Not true for you maybe.
I rang them today and asked the question and I was told that they “would’ve” sent an email, sent a text and mailed me. I got nothing and all 3 contact points were correct as they have been for years. I was also told that the auto-renew was because of the captains club upgrades. As an interstate member I didn’t upgrade any 3 of my memberships yet they all renewed.

Same here Sidefx.

The Membership Dept took funds from my credit card without my consent. Period. That's ILLEGAL!!!!
I am furious with this. :mad:

I haven't called the club till I've cooled right down.

I've spoken with others and the same to them, or the other story they lose their seats if they don't pay for the upgrade only to have to argue to get their seats back.

Thankfully they didnt use my card to upgrade other memberships I have paid for over the years.
The result of this....I will continue being a member, but will ask my lawyer to send a warning letter to the club, and I will not be using my credit card to buy other people's memberships.

This is really [REDACTED] practise.
Talk about 101 how to lose respect and put supporters off side.
So this is how Liddle gets results.

This practise reminds me of a time I worked for a public listed company at Executive level many years ago. When the CEO had agreed with another Director to increase charges without warning, knowing that only 5% would notice and complain, and knew I had to leave that Company and did. I wasn't in their good books when I voiced my opinion.

It is unethical.
No one contacted me.
No one at Carton had authority to use my credit card.
I don't do Direct Debit because it can't be trusted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:51 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I think I recall last year that as part of accepting the free upgrade you agreed to go on auto renewal ...?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 am 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
I think I recall last year that as part of accepting the free upgrade you agreed to go on auto renewal ...?

Yes. That's correct.

It was a condition of accepting the free upgrades offered for 2019 memberships that you were agreeing to sign onto an auto renewal program for 2020 memberships and beyond. It was made clear and was discussed on here.

I agree that I don't generally like the practice, but if anyone signed on for the free upgrades offered during the last membership year is now complaining that they're on an auto renewal system their complaints are 12 months too late.

Here's the old link from the club -> https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018- ... 18-members

Quote:
*To receive the free upgrade, members need to renew their 2018 Carlton membership before Thursday 31 January 2019 and sign up to the Carlton Direct payment option^.

verbs was the first to note it on here -> viewtopic.php?p=1908277#p1908277

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Yes. That's correct.

It was a condition of accepting the free upgrades offered for 2019 memberships that you were agreeing to sign onto an auto renewal program for 2020 memberships and beyond. It was made clear and was discussed on here.

I agree that I don't generally like the practice, but if anyone signed on for the free upgrades offered during the last membership year is now complaining that they're on an auto renewal system their complaints are 12 months too late.

Here's the old link from the club -> https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018- ... 18-members

Quote:
*To receive the free upgrade, members need to renew their 2018 Carlton membership before Thursday 31 January 2019 and sign up to the Carlton Direct payment option^.

verbs was the first to note it on here -> viewtopic.php?p=1908277#p1908277

There's no upgrades for Interstaters, and I didn't sign on anything.
I call them. I give them my order. I pay. That's it!

Its a crap practise.
The practise has done nothing but tarnish the club.
Maybe Trump would get away with stuff like this...in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:05 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:

Its a crap practise.

If that's what's happened. I agree completely. :beer:

I signed up for a upgrade last year, pretty sure I was on an interstate membership. I'll have to double check.

Either way, if you didn't sign on for an upgrade and they've automatically charged you then that is poor form.

Not sure if it's "they'll be getting a letter from my lawyer" poor form, but definitely worth a stern phone call/email.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am 
Harry Vallence

38,342 official figure as per this morning's Puma Merchandise Offer.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... cShcaJrZWI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 am 
Craig Bradley

Signed up a Collingwood supporting mates 1 year old.

Would love to be there when the membership pack arrives! Figure for a $70 donation to the club, it’s worth the comedic value.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:28 am 
Harry Vallence

AIRCAV wrote:
Signed up a Collingwood supporting mates 1 year old.

Would love to be there when the membership pack arrives! Figure for a $70 donation to the club, it’s worth the comedic value.

Did this to a Richmond couple when they had a baby boy early last year.

I'm now off the list for Godparent duties, but the kid has a chance in life!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Is the auto renewal common practice with the other clubs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rod Waddell wrote:

Yes, but they're not so underhanded about it.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au ... c-rollover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

Yes, but they're not so underhanded about it.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au ... c-rollover
Its real shifty stuff at Carlton!

I mean calling it Carlton for life is really tricky.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Its a crap practise.

If that's what's happened. I agree completely. :beer:

I signed up for a upgrade last year, pretty sure I was on an interstate membership. I'll have to double check.

Either way, if you didn't sign on for an upgrade and they've automatically charged you then that is poor form.

Not sure if it's "they'll be getting a letter from my lawyer" poor form, but definitely worth a stern phone call/email.

:thumbsup:

All sorted.
Mistake made and admitted, and I'm off their Direct Debit campaign.

It is lawyer stuff, and I made that point.
If it does happen again next year I will ask my lawyer to deal with the issue.
I don't like being a victim, do't do Direct Debit and I'm not meek.

Up shot, I was offered refund and compensation, but that wasn't what I was after.
I bought a few more caps, an AFLW Tayla #7 jumper and cap and membership for family friend up north coz she loves the Carlton jumper, and Tayla, despite coming from a Saints family, and not only because she's a blond like Tayla, but everyone looks better in Navy Blue.

What I'm happy about is the club didn't use my credit card to re sign all the other members Ive paid for in the past: yet.
I've been buying memberships for others for the past 15 years...as soon as a friend has a new born, I sign them up. Has caused many issues but who gives...
One year, I think it was around 2004, I bought 40 memberships, most being Baby Blue, Interstate memberships. We buy games but never use the games I have bought with my membership as I prefer to buy tickets where I want to sit on that particular day...plus don't know how to get to the Carlton Room...coz I havent bothered.

I will be buying more memberships for friends and family and I will continue to do it by phone, when the dust settles.

The Membership tally is impressive and as I said to Ben in membership, I appreciate the job he's doing, his demeanour and I'm glad to be part of the Tally....just call me next time if I haven't called.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Nice email BB.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dane wrote:
Its real shifty stuff at Carlton!

I mean calling it Carlton for life is really tricky.

You must be bored. It's widely acknowledged that Carlton are historically bad at membership. Given what I experienced this year nothing has changed. It was incredibly bad. There's no getting away from the fact that for a premium membership, they offer very little in the way of anything...and communication was almost non-existent. I'm not sure whether it's because they use a crap CRM or they are still cobbling together Excel spreadsheets.

But keep defending your average club Dane. God forbid you ever keep them honest. Keep paying your money and be quiet...they like that. To you they are the gold standard when in actual fact, they are pretty @#$%&! useless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

Carlton have been doing this auto renew thing for a while now and they clearly state that you need to opt out. I received mail, email and sms reminders about the upcoming auto renew date so I'm not sure why some people had issues... still not good enough by the club to allow this to happen even to 1 person.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 am 
Bruce Doull

Hornet wrote:
Carlton have been doing this auto renew thing for a while now and they clearly state that you need to opt out. I received mail, email and sms reminders about the upcoming auto renew date so I'm not sure why some people had issues... still not good enough by the club to allow this to happen even to 1 person.

Yep - same experience here. Some inconsistencies in members' experiences going on.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
kezza wrote:

Not happy Jan!

Not true for you maybe.

Same here Sidefx.

The Membership Dept took funds from my credit card without my consent. Period. That's ILLEGAL!!!!
I am furious with this. :mad:

I haven't called the club till I've cooled right down.

I've spoken with others and the same to them, or the other story they lose their seats if they don't pay for the upgrade only to have to argue to get their seats back.

Thankfully they didnt use my card to upgrade other memberships I have paid for over the years.
The result of this....I will continue being a member, but will ask my lawyer to send a warning letter to the club, and I will not be using my credit card to buy other people's memberships.

This is really [REDACTED] practise.
Talk about 101 how to lose respect and put supporters off side.
So this is how Liddle gets results.

This practise reminds me of a time I worked for a public listed company at Executive level many years ago. When the CEO had agreed with another Director to increase charges without warning, knowing that only 5% would notice and complain, and knew I had to leave that Company and did. I wasn't in their good books when I voiced my opinion.

It is unethical.
No one contacted me.
No one at Carton had authority to use my credit card.
I don't do Direct Debit because it can't be trusted.

I don't know about you guys, but I got at least 2 SMS messages in the lead up to the auto rollover letting me know that the exact date payment would come out. One on Tues 8th saying that last year's member zone upgrade was a thankyou and that the package for this year was $690 (family membership) If I was happy then the 2020 membership would be direct debited on Tues 15th, 1 week later. If I didn't want to proceed I simply needed to email or call the club.

I then got another 1 on Friday 11th saying REMINDER payment is set to occur on 15th. Pretty sure I got an email as well.

It honestly doesn't bother me. I would sign up anyway, so I find it very simple to just let it happen. If I was against it, I had ample opportunity to stop it from happening. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 am 
Harry Vallence

39,766 Members as of 7/11/19 as per https://am.ticketmaster.com/carlton/#/

1,424 increase in the past week. Travelling nicely!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next