Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kingkerna wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
I think there is only going to be one loser in a “it’s either him or me” ultimatum between SOS and Liddle if MLG is the arbiter.

Good.
See ya Liddle.
Intelligent post

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks.
One tries.
Yours was awesome too. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

He was bought in to oversee our list rebuild and he's virtually completed the drafting phase of it. It's now about bringing in free agents. Perhaps that is someone elses strength.
I'll be happy to see him move on and let his sons make their way at the club.

As for Liddle, I think he's been great value. I believe the club is progressing well and nothing I've read or heard leads me to see anything different to that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Too many chiefs in the workplace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
He was bought in to oversee our list rebuild and he's virtually completed the drafting phase of it. It's now about bringing in free agents. Perhaps that is someone elses strength.

As for Liddle, I think he's been great value. I believe the club is progressing well and nothing I've read or heard leads me to see anything different to that.

I agree with this for the most part.

But Liddle needs to stay out of list management decisions and let the people hired to do their job, actually do it. MLG and the board need to make that clear that Liddle's remit is to oversee the off-field operations of the club and make us stronger, and not get involved in footy decisions.

If Brad Lloyd wishes to give his $0.02 and have power to overrule, that's fine (though not preferred) given he has the background and List Management directly reports to him. But that's as far as intervention from the top should go.

If SOS moves on I'll be disappointed but it could be for the best in the long run. The hard work is done and it's now about refining the edges, which has been more of a struggle. But also to allow his sons to forge their own careers without any distractions or rumblings of nepotism (I struggle to view the choice of Finbar over Stack as anything but surrounding BSOS with friends rather than 'bad influences'). It could also help us to have someone less public in the role, as I couldn't imagine another list manager's departure being front page news, and I think we've all had it with our personnel being dragged through the mud.

But if SOS leaves it should be on his own terms and not because of his position being undermined. That's grubby.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

A few getting sucked in by the media doom and gloom surrounding this I reckon. We will survive a SOS departure, life will go on. Liddle walking out would reflect more poorly on us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 am 
Ken Hunter

You don’t interfere or do things, that directly impacts other managers roles or departments, without their knowledge, no matter what position you hold. You discuss with the manager and agree on the outcomes.

Cain Liddle doesn’t operate like this, then he goes before the club is riddled with negativity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:

It's a Carlton thing. It has always been this way unfortunately.
After the positive momentum from mid season it is disappointing that this is happening.
I think SOS has done a great job but it has been obvious that something was not quite right during the last trade period and leading up to it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
keogh wrote:

It's a Carlton thing. It has always been this way unfortunately.
After the positive momentum from mid season it is disappointing that this is happening.
I think SOS has done a great job but it has been obvious that something was not quite right during the last trade period and leading up to it.

MLG you almost had us believing the hype
2 steps forward and 1 step back ...... we still haven't got it right and by the looks of it (and gee I hope I'm wrong) we have a long way to go.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
You don’t interfere or do things, that directly impacts other managers roles or departments, without their knowledge, no matter what position you hold. You discuss with the manager and agree on the outcomes.

Cain Liddle doesn’t operate like this, then he goes before the club is riddled with negativity.

Maybe Liddle did speak to SOS and SOS didn’t like it?

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
It's clear who's side barass is on
Quote:
SOS not done yet..

Quote:
SOS has done nothing wrong

Quote:
Board are on same page.. it’s the CEO who’s lost the plot

Not surprising given the quality of barass70’s info in relation to trade matters.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

CarltonClem wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

So it would be ok for Liddle to discuss the option of recruiting Ellis with SOS. SOS was against it (which he wasn’t but let’s go with it) and then Liddle proceeded to show Ellis around the club even though SOS wasn’t behind it and you are saying that is ok?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm 
John James

Why is everyone jumping at shadows?

At this stage it is just speculation and rumour.

Relax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:45 am 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
A few getting sucked in by the media doom and gloom surrounding this I reckon. We will survive a SOS departure, life will go on. Liddle walking out would reflect more poorly on us.

Before sos cAme how many drafts and trades were stuffed up ?

How quickly we forget , sos is major factor to this rebuild and us believing again

2015 draft is going to be look back as the draft we nailed and gave us sustained success
And the reason you stay at the top is a consistent list manager , Stephen wells Geelong and greame Wright hawks ,

Sos leaves major disruption. For Carlton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

windy wrote:

Relax

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
CarltonClem wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

So it would be ok for Liddle to discuss the option of recruiting Ellis with SOS. SOS was against it (which he wasn’t but let’s go with it) and then Liddle proceeded to show Ellis around the club even though SOS wasn’t behind it and you are saying that is ok?

The incorrect key assumption (that SOS wasn’t supportive of an Ellis move) means your argument is flawed.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I agree with this for the most part.

But Liddle needs to stay out of list management decisions and let the people hired to do their job, actually do it. MLG and the board need to make that clear that Liddle's remit is to oversee the off-field operations of the club and make us stronger, and not get involved in footy decisions.

If Brad Lloyd wishes to give his $0.02 and have power to overrule, that's fine (though not preferred) given he has the background and List Management directly reports to him. But that's as far as intervention from the top should go.

If SOS moves on I'll be disappointed but it could be for the best in the long run. The hard work is done and it's now about refining the edges, which has been more of a struggle. But also to allow his sons to forge their own careers without any distractions or rumblings of nepotism (I struggle to view the choice of Finbar over Stack as anything but surrounding BSOS with friends rather than 'bad influences'). It could also help us to have someone less public in the role, as I couldn't imagine another list manager's departure being front page news, and I think we've all had it with our personnel being dragged through the mud.

But if SOS leaves it should be on his own terms and not because of his position being undermined. That's grubby.

What a ridiculous statement, if someone isn't performing to expectations why can't he be held accountable or even be removed just like any other employee? Otherwise, Lloyd and Liddle would be derelict in their roles

SOS isn't being undermined, he doesn't like his decisions being questioned, he's been used to total control with MLG as president...

There's talent on the list but there is way too many flower ups and baffling trades/draft choices for SOS to escape the scrutiny

The irony is SOS has supported the removal of others who have questioned him :lol:

The Silvagni name is Carlton royalty, however this is the Carlton Football Club

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm 
Banned

Football Cubs are a boys club its not a Carlton thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

windy wrote:

Relax

Exactly.

All this over a HS article and a few ITK's throwing their support behind SOS.

If its SOS decision to end his tenure a year earlier than planned, so be it.

The list is in good shape.

Questions will be thrown at Liddle from the media, and he will have to respond.
I look forward to that time. Should make things clearer.

Its a boring time of the year and this is the only discussion piece now that the Martin debate has been done to death.
Seems to me the same thing is happening with the SOS Liddle situation.

Robust discussion is good....and we have the 2020 Teague Train commence duties last Monday.
Exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Football Cubs are a boys club its not a Carlton thing.

So true

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

CarltonClem wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
CarltonClem wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

The incorrect key assumption (that SOS wasn’t supportive of an Ellis move) means your argument is flawed.

You do realise that there were 2 players (Ellis and Butler) from one particular ex club our CEO came from (Richmond) that all but thought they would be at Carlton in 2020, without the list managers approval?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next