Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Jeez it’s been a long cup day when Johnny Ralph is make more sense than the other journos :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

billc3 wrote:
Ralph is saying that pick 8 is part of the 'capital'.... not use pick 8 for Saad... That would make sense that 8 will somehow be used rather than a straight swap...
But as you say Bondi, a straight swap would need some explaining

Go Blues

He said "using that EXACT draft capital", which could be interpreted as a direct swap. Hopefully not. Does * have a second rounder we can demand to balance things out?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I would have liked for carlton to use pick 8, coupled with next years first, to lure another big fish.

or, worse case, use it on a great kid who may be ready to play like Walsh did in year 1...not a project player.

Because we have a plethora of developing first round picks and the addition of Williams, Saad , Marchbank and Curnow next year, it would be great if we could swap pick 8 to help us get another first rounder next year, giving us 2 x 2021 Firsts and a 2022 First round pick to enable us to secure a Merrett or an Oliver with an offer too hard to refuse.

I hope we have a war chest 105% next year too, because we didn't spend it all this year after we didn't front load saad and gave them the pick, to enable this to happen.

Splitting Pick 8 with Lions is the next best thing. Looks like pick 8 for their picks 18 and 19 may happen, and fingers crossed, it does, because I don't want Effencheats* to get hold of pick 8 with change coming back.

I'd still want to offer Effendrugs* pick 27, like they are doing for 10 year player Caldwell, take it or leave it. If they squirm, let 'em squirm. They would do it to us. If Austin wants to be nice, with an eye on Merret next year, then we offer them pick 19. If no eye on Merret next year then 27, and if we aren't doing anything with the picks other than to the draft, then wait till the last minute and give them pick 19. Make Dodo squirm...and stall him with his own tactics.

That leaves us with pick 18 and 27.

27 could be for the dynamic kamikaze mid/ tagger, Jed Anderson

18 and Levi, or, 18, Levi and next year's 2nd for Dunkley if our target is Oliver and not Merret next year.

I think we should show interest in small forward Higgins, if Dunkley is not likely target.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I hope we are looking to keep at least one list spot open for next year. The mid-season draft is across three different blocks (so after round 4, round 8 and round 12). There are going to be a stack of kids that missed out on their top-age year and subsequently weren't drafted running around in state-footy. You just know a handful of these are going to dominate and be real diamond in the rough type selections.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
I hope we are looking to keep at least one list spot open for next year. The mid-season draft is across three different blocks (so after round 4, round 8 and round 12). There are going to be a stack of kids that missed out on their top-age year and subsequently weren't drafted running around in state-footy. You just know a handful of these are going to dominate and be real diamond in the rough type selections.

Didn't know this. Thanks heavs.

I like.

Keeping one spot open requires another delisting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am 
Rod Ashman

Yes I agree, we need to keep our options open. Hard to though when final list sizes aren't known. I can't believe the AFL have not sorted this out and why all the clubs aren't screaming blue murder about this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Can't believe The AFL Commission hasn't released the List number for 2021 let alone the Cap size.

The FA is nearly done and dusted.

Trade period finishes on the 12th?

FMD what's going on?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Listening to SOS on trade radio it's embarrassing to think he had so much control and power.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Listening to SOS on trade radio it's embarrassing to think he had so much control and power.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

You only had to listen to his special comments on Ch.10 years ago to get that vibe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:26 am 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:

Its a pretty freaky thought.

Perhaps an air of entitlement.

I 'thought' it was a group from different departments who made the final decisions on recruitment

You know what 'thought' did?
Pissed in his bed and 'thought' he was sweating. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/09/silvagni-remains-coy-on-off-centre-carlton-hawthorn-trade-from-2016/

Quote:
Former Carlton list boss Stephen Silvagni was asked by a caller on AFL Trade Radio about one of the strangest trades during his tenure at the Blues.

Right at the end of the 2016 trade period, the Blues sent GWS’ future second round pick to Hawthorn for picks 48, 66 and 70.

It raised eyebrows at the time in relation to Hawthorn’s dealings with Gold Coast and the Jaeger O’Meara trade.

The Hawks, who offered up pick 10, didn’t appear to have the selections to satisfy the Suns, until Carlton stepped in.

Silvagni and the Blues helped get the deal over the line and did so by sending Hawthorn a future second rounder, but received three lesser picks in return.

As reported on the Hawthorn website a few years after the trade, Carlton “came to the rescue with a last-minute pick exchange” that helped seal the O’Meara trade.

Quote:
It raised eyebrows at the time in relation to Hawthorn’s dealings with Gold Coast and the Jaeger O’Meara trade.

The Hawks, who offered up pick 10, didn’t appear to have the selections to satisfy the Suns, until Carlton stepped in.

Silvagni and the Blues helped get the deal over the line and did so by sending Hawthorn a future second rounder, but received three lesser picks in return.

As reported on the Hawthorn website a few years after the trade, Carlton “came to the rescue with a last-minute pick exchange” that helped seal the O’Meara trade.

The selection would change hands a few times the following year, ending up pick 35 and with St Kilda after Hawthorn used it to help bring in Jarman Impey from Port Adelaide.

The Saints selected Oscar Clavarino, with the likes of Charlie Constable, Jake Petrucelle, Charlie Ballard, Ben Paton and James Worpel available soon after.

Carlton turned the three picks into Tom Williamson, who has established himself as a best 22 defender and Patrick Kerr – a key forward delisted at the end of 2019. They passed on the third selection.

Silvagni was coy on his reasoning for agreeing to the trade with Hawthorn.

The Hawthorn trade, it looked a little bit off-centre in terms of that trade,” Silvagni told AFL Trade Radio.

“But I think we ended up getting Tom Williamson (out of the trade).

It actually ended up pretty well in relation to what the picks were. So, that’s what happened there.”

Something very fishy about this.

A 2nd round future pick in 2016 could have netted in 2017 interestingly Lachie fogarty, Tim Kelly, Noah Balta, Liam Ryan, Brent Daniels, Charlie Sparco, and we still would have got Wliiamson the previous year.

The highlighted players are small forwards, and Balta could easily be the replacement for Jones

Most damning is the fact that we are still looking for that elusive Small Forward.

SOS gave a bloody Clarke led Hawks outfit; a bonafide enemy of the club, who harbours deep seated hatred for Carlton.

Every year since Carlton supporters are waiting for the Hawks repayment of the favour.

SOS remains coy. I am suss, and now I'm thinking Liddle may have been onto something before the SOS dismissal. Just guessing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:00 am 
Rod Ashman

:-?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Don't like conspiracy theories...but this one...@#$%&!.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SOS is good mates with Graham Wright away from footy. He's just looking after his mate. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Slightly off topic.
Anyone know what happened to Keogh or Blue Sombrero?
Asking for a friend. :smoking:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Curnow down we need to keep Macreadie. Marchbank may have to play forward on Occassion..keep Macreadie as backline backup. I would have kept him anyway

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Get on the phone to GWS
Pick 8 Charlie and Mitch McGovern for Cameron and Caldwell.

Have some balls do it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

Horrible news regarding Charlie. Just horrible. No confidence this will come good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 118  Next