Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:06 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
I'd be very happy with Williams, not sure about Viney, maybe its just that head of his. I'd love Gaff. re Gibbons, I think he is a short-term solution, can't wait til he is back up not best 22.

The two I have fingers crossed for are Kemp and Stocker. But have no idea if they will make it or where they will play.

If Charlie is fit I think we can focus on Mids mid mids and then a mid or two. Hopefully ones that can spread, are defensive and can deliver the ball.

YES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
McGovern down back makes sense to me.

In the reserves?
Surely not the seniors

Lets look at what he has got, because the list of what he hasn't is too long/

190 cm ... fluctuating weight and speed and effort ...

Ok ... now...

.... whose spot or where would you play him?

You know we are a destination club, and there's more than 20 candidates interested in coming to the new Destination club, especially given they can play with Bettsy, and Crippa, and Charlie and Marchy are back next year with Jack.

B: Docherty Jones Marchbank

HB: Saad Weitering Witherden

7th Defender: Plowman

...nah ...sorry ... no more silver service ... go and get fit, sharpen your sword, find consistent form hope there's some normality in the reserves season next year... Jack has your spot for now as the 3rd tall... are you interested? Hey Simmo might help, he might be running a training academy that doesn't fall under the soft cap...... If not, you still haven't got what it takes. We can't carry players. The Reserves is where reserves players learn their craft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:19 pm 
Bert Deacon

Blues confirm four list changes:

The Carlton Football Club has informed four players that they will not have their contracts renewed for the 2021 season.

Darcy Lang, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni and Finbar O’Dwyer have been told that they will not be retained at the Club beyond 2020.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/817085/blues-confirm-four-list-changes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
I'd be very happy with Williams, not sure about Viney, maybe its just that head of his. I'd love Gaff. re Gibbons, I think he is a short-term solution, can't wait til he is back up not best 22.

The two I have fingers crossed for are Kemp and Stocker. But have no idea if they will make it or where they will play.

If Charlie is fit I think we can focus on Mids mid mids and then a mid or two. Hopefully ones that can spread, are defensive and can deliver the ball.

There will be a few surprises in this Trade period.

You already know about Williams coming to play in the midfield.
You've heard Saad wants to come to ... and he is FYI fills Simmo's spot
Witherden, you wont hear anymore of him till Lions end their 2020 caampaign ...the other half back

Check what these 3 gain in metres per game, Doch Saad Withers ...unbelievable.

One more BIG name mid would be spoiling us... but we have waited for this moment ... spoil us Austin

We are trying to get another first pick to give us 2 firsts this year and one next year ... there's 4-5 BIG names on the horizon. I'm not a big fan of Viney's, but he would be an upgrade on Ed TBH, but nah...there's better out there. we only need one more.

Kemp, Stocker ... club rates them. Was talking to a mate whose best mate's son played against Kemp since under 14's. Can play anywhere. Must takes angry pills. Great mark. Can run miles better than Cripps to contests .., but we knew that.

Charlie is fit now...and ready to aplly himself to a huge Preseason.

dannyboy, the renaissance starts in 2021.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

YES

Kemp. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the reserves?
Surely not the seniors

Ok ... now...

You know we are a destination club, and there's more than 20 candidates interested in coming to the new Destination club, especially given they can play with Bettsy, and Crippa, and Charlie and Marchy are back next year with Jack.

...nah ...sorry ... no more silver service ... go and get fit, sharpen your sword, find consistent form hope there's some normality in the reserves season next year... Jack has your spot for now as the 3rd tall... are you interested? Hey Simmo might help, he might be running a training academy that doesn't fall under the soft cap...... If not, you still haven't got what it takes. We can't carry players. The Reserves is where reserves players learn their craft.

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Blues confirm four list changes

Carlton has informed four players that they will not have their contracts renewed.
By Carlton Media - 1 hr ago

The Carlton Football Club has informed four players that they will not have their contracts renewed for the 2021 season.

Darcy Lang, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni and Finbar O’Dwyer have been told that they will not be retained at the Club beyond 2020.

Lang played 20 games for the Blues across three seasons since arriving at Ikon Park from Geelong during the 2017 NAB AFL Trade Period.

Goddard departs the Club after two years, during which he played two games after being a rookie selection from St Kilda in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

O’Dwyer and Silvagni did not make a senior appearance for the Club after being selected at picks No.66 and No.70 respectively in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

Carlton Head of Football Brad Lloyd expressed the Club’s best wishes to all four players.

“Darcy, Hugh, Ben and Finbar worked hard on the field and were valued members of the playing group off it during their time at the Club,” Lloyd said.

“We thank each of them for their dedication to Carlton and wish them nothing but the best for the future.”

No surprises there. As I've said elsewhere, I'd retain Macreadie. Hopefully with the next lot of delistings, he isn't moved on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:

Carlton has informed four players that they will not have their contracts renewed.

Lang played 20 games for the Blues across three seasons since arriving at Ikon Park from Geelong during the 2017 NAB AFL Trade Period.

Goddard departs the Club after two years, during which he played two games after being a rookie selection from St Kilda in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

O’Dwyer and Silvagni did not make a senior appearance for the Club after being selected at picks No.66 and No.70 respectively in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

Carlton Head of Football Brad Lloyd expressed the Club’s best wishes to all four players.

“Darcy, Hugh, Ben and Finbar worked hard on the field and were valued members of the playing group off it during their time at the Club,” Lloyd said.

“We thank each of them for their dedication to Carlton and wish them nothing but the best for the future.”

One more and that takes our list to 40.

Moore?

Then we delist or trade to bring in Williams, Saad, Witherden and XXXX ... that's another 4, taking it to 5 more to delist.

Polson?
Owies?
Cottrell?
Gibbons? may still be under contract

Then there's the 3 draftees, which we may re draft / re rookie

Macreadie? OOC
Kennedy? OOC

All others are contracted, but can be traded, a couple still hold value for

OBrien?
Dow? ... Cats first rounder
SPS? ...WA team ... first rounder ... doubt it

No one would want the following contracted players.

Philips? rookie contract (auto 2 years)

Gov? anyone want Gov .. half price ????????

Last edited by bondiblue on Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:

No surprises there. As I've said elsewhere, I'd retain Macreadie. Hopefully with the next lot of delistings, he isn't moved on.

Been on the list a long time now and has shown little. 8 games in 2017 and 1 last year. With reduced lists it'll be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

just got rid of 2 x KP backline depth, so retaining MaCreadie for another year makes sense

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

Distinct lack of Callum Moore in that list though

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
just got rid of 2 x KP backline depth, so retaining MaCreadie for another year makes sense

Has he shown anything? Put BSOS on the rookie list and delist Macreadie?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:

With all the players earmarked to come to us, mainly quickies, and losing all these talls, Macreadie is my favourite. Injury cruelled him. He showed great signs and character back in 2017 and his recent reserves game he looked back to his intercept best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
sticksaftersiren87 wrote:

Has he shown anything? Put BSOS on the rookie list and delist Macreadie?

Sure.

I'd go for Macreadie. He showed more than Ben did in his first year. Much more.
I'd like to rookie them both unless Austin has his eyes on a better tall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ben Silvagni ? Why ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:50 pm 
Banned

Ben abit stiff - maybe he wanted to persue his studies he is abit of a scholar. Leaves us short in depth in talls department and especially the backhalf. A kid I thought had more than enough to persevere with like Geelong do with their kids.
I'll be disappointed if they delisted Ben for Gov.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the reserves?
Surely not the seniors

Ok ... now...

I have resigned to the fact he will be at Carlton next year. He can barely get a kick up forward. So many as well try him down back. Or let him rot in the VFL. I don't really care. We are loaded for talls forward and back so makes no diff.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 pm 
formerly BlueRob

There will need to be a lot more delistings in order to bring the lists down to a level the afl is happy with. I think we are going to lose some promising players.

Also ... what really bugs me is that Dodo will pick up BSOS ... just you wait and see.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the reserves?
Surely not the seniors

Ok ... now...

I have resigned to the fact he will be at Carlton next year. He can barely get a kick up forward. So many as well try him down back. Or let him rot in the VFL. I don't really care. We are loaded for talls forward and back so makes no diff.

You're right paddy.
We all want a spot for him.
At his best, and that's yet to come, he is a good size, can jumo, very quick, kicks straight....

His mind has clearly not on the job.
He is a repeat offender, (unless he's been injured).
He has to earn respect.

We are sick of im going missing for long periods and hardly any 2nd efforts.

The Media highlight him regularly, for his ineptness.

Bal in his court

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Well
All LM have missed and all lists have spuds
So to console themselves
Lang can go and have a beer with Fasolo
O’ Dwyer can have a beer with Gartlett and Schumacher
Goddard can have a beer with Bugg
And Ben can have a roast with his mum and dad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 118  Next