Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:22 am 
Ken Hunter

Yes, absolutely

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:03 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Megaman wrote:
Yes, absolutely
:clap:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Richmond has delisted 2017 premiership forward Jacob Townsend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 pm 
Robert Walls

I rather enjoy reading Gary Buckenara's list analyses, but today's one concerning Brisbane has me head scratching.

He's listed Mitch Robinson as a B+.

That feels a teeny tiny bit high when you compare to our two B+ players: Jacob Weitering and Charlie Curnow.

It feels @#$%&! ludicrous when you compare it to Marc Murphy, who's rated at B- along with Sam Docherty.

So yeah.

Brisbane: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 5543299e69

LIST BREAKDOWN
A: Charlie Cameron, Harris Andrews, Lachie Neale

B+: Mitch Robinson, Stefan Martin, Dayne Zorko, Marcus Adams

B: Darcy Gardiner, Jarryd Lyons

B-: Daniel Rich, Daniel McStay, Lincoln McCarthy

C+: Josh Walker, Oscar McInerney, Rhys Mathieson

C: Ben Keays, Allen Christensen, Ryan Bastinac, Nick Robertson, Sam Skinner, Ryan Lester, Matt Eagles, Archie Smith, Grant Birchall, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

C-: Nil

Developing*: Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Cam Rayner, Cedric Cox, Alex Witherden, Eric Hipwood, Zac Bailey, Connor Ballenden, Ely Smith, Noah Answerth

Developing: Jacob Allison, Corey Lyons, Toby Wooller, Brandon Starcevich, Jack Payne, Mitch Hinge, Tom Fullarton, James Madden, Thomas Berry, Thomas Joyce, Connor McFadyen

Please note: Developing* refers to players aged 21 or under with the potential to become A or B-grade players in the future.

Carlton: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 915b437c6d

LIST BREAKDOWN
A: Patrick Cripps

B+: Jacob Weitering, Charlie Curnow

B: Kade Simpson, Matthew Kreuzer

B-: Marc Murphy, Liam Jones, Sam Docherty, Caleb Marchbank

C+: Jack Silvagni, Matthew Kennedy, Lachie Plowman, David Cuningham, Ed Curnow, Levi Casboult, Mitch McGovern, Nic Newman

C: Darcy Lang, Matthew Lobbe, Cameron Polson, Tom Williamson, Andrew Phillips, Hugh Goddard

Developing*: Paddy Dow, Lochie O’Brien, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Zac Fisher, Sam Walsh, Will Setterfield, Liam Stocker

Developing: Tom De Koning, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Ben Silvagni, Matt Owies, Finbar O’Dwyer

Please note: Developing* means players under 21 years of age with the talent to develop into A or B-grade players.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fair assessment of our list by rating players only on what they have produced and no their potential.

Bit of over rating on the brisbane list however

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

9, 43 and 70 for Collingwoods' future first rounder, 35 and 62 would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Looks like we have a gap to fill on the C- category

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Why? Collingwoods future first likely to be 15+ in a heavily compromised draft with priority picks, father son, and academy picks, and all we gain is minor upgrades in the 3rd and 4th round of a draft which most think is rubbish after the first round.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

HTP wrote:
I rather enjoy reading Gary Buckenara's list analyses, but today's one concerning Brisbane has me head scratching.

That feels a teeny tiny bit high when you compare to our two B+ players: Jacob Weitering and Charlie Curnow.

It feels @#$%&! ludicrous when you compare it to Marc Murphy, who's rated at B- along with Sam Docherty.

So yeah.

LIST BREAKDOWN

C: Ben Keays, Allen Christensen, Ryan Bastinac, Nick Robertson, Sam Skinner, Ryan Lester, Matt Eagles, Archie Smith, Grant Birchall, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

Developing*: Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Cam Rayner, Cedric Cox, Alex Witherden, Eric Hipwood, Zac Bailey, Connor Ballenden, Ely Smith, Noah Answerth

Developing: Jacob Allison, Corey Lyons, Toby Wooller, Brandon Starcevich, Jack Payne, Mitch Hinge, Tom Fullarton, James Madden, Thomas Berry, Thomas Joyce, Connor McFadyen

Please note: Developing* refers to players aged 21 or under with the potential to become A or B-grade players in the future.

LIST BREAKDOWN

C+: Jack Silvagni, Matthew Kennedy, Lachie Plowman, David Cuningham, Ed Curnow, Levi Casboult, Mitch McGovern, Nic Newman

C: Darcy Lang, Matthew Lobbe, Cameron Polson, Tom Williamson, Andrew Phillips, Hugh Goddard

Developing*: Paddy Dow, Lochie O’Brien, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Zac Fisher, Sam Walsh, Will Setterfield, Liam Stocker

Developing: Tom De Koning, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Ben Silvagni, Matt Owies, Finbar O’Dwyer

Please note: Developing* means players under 21 years of age with the talent to develop into A or B-grade players.

Intelligent and succinct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

bmaurizio wrote:
HTP wrote:

So yeah.

LIST BREAKDOWN

LIST BREAKDOWN

Intelligent and succinct.

Except for the bits about Schumacher, Phillips & Lobbe.

And I reckon Williamson should be in the “Developing” category and Polson & Goddard should be in the C- category.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:52 pm 
Bob Chitty

jake_h03 wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Why? Collingwoods future first likely to be 15+ in a heavily compromised draft with priority picks, father son, and academy picks, and all we gain is minor upgrades in the 3rd and 4th round of a draft which most think is rubbish after the first round.

Am I missing something?

Agreed. I think we should be looking to turn our 2020 second rounder into a comparable second rounder in this draft for a few reasons. (1) 2020 draft is heavily compromised which means we’re more likely to get a player we really like this year. As the 2020 draft is so compromised, there will be plenty of clubs looking to stockpile 2020 picks to ensure they can match bids on the players linked to them which opens up the possibility of this trade. (2) We’ve got 7 list spots up for grabs as of now and I’d rather spend the majority of these spots on quality youths than fill ins from the DFA pool. (3) Better to get the kid in now, give him a year of senior footy and another pre-season than taking a comparable kid who will be one year back in their development

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

david31 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Am I missing something?

Agreed. I think we should be looking to turn our 2020 second rounder into a comparable second rounder in this draft for a few reasons. (1) 2020 draft is heavily compromised which means we’re more likely to get a player we really like this year. As the 2020 draft is so compromised, there will be plenty of clubs looking to stockpile 2020 picks to ensure they can match bids on the players linked to them which opens up the possibility of this trade. (2) We’ve got 7 list spots up for grabs as of now and I’d rather spend the majority of these spots on quality youths than fill ins from the DFA pool. (3) Better to get the kid in now, give him a year of senior footy and another pre-season than taking a comparable kid who will be one year back in their development

All makes sense to me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

HTP wrote:

So yeah.

LIST BREAKDOWN

LIST BREAKDOWN

Haha. Plowman C+.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

I also don't know how you can put Kennedy and E Curnow at the same level, given what they've produced in their respective careers so far. But this kind of shit is pure clickbait, what do the grades even mean?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

david31 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Am I missing something?

We’ve got room for project players in the ruck, small forward & possibly KPD if Marchbank can’t get going & Ben can’t get past Goddard in the pecking order. The rest really need to be up & going right now if we want to get some finals experience into the core.

If we fill the list from the ND pool, and they’re in the Finbar/Polson/Macreadie mould, that’s a 2 year wait to reload in that slot.

If we’re not using that first pick, then maybe try fill those longer term holes and use the rest to add players that will make our current guys better. Guys like Dow, LOB, Ben, Marchbank, Cunningham, Williamson will need capable pieces around them in the 2s if they’re going to get the best out of themselves and push for senior games.

Whatever formula SOS was using to pick Fasolo, O’Shea, Garlett, Mullett, etc... that has to go. The idea is right though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 am 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Am I missing something?

If the assumption is we're going for Papley again next year, I'd rather stockpile the picks to ensure the deal gets done rather than 9 in a weak draft with a list that is fairly decent already for young talent.

Collingwood seem the best high risk, high reward pick that would actually go for it (if GWS can't land #3 however...)

If they end up with pick 15, so be it, bargaining chip in the Papley deal with the original 9 that would have been used anyway.

If they spectacularly implode over the pending salary cap stuff, great, keep their pick and use ours instead. And as you say, father son picks aplenty would allow us to trade up higher if need be with two first round picks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

People talk about diluted/compromised drafts for 2019 and 2020 and therefore picks don’t have the value they might normally have.

That’s not true in my view as picks must be valued as currency. For clubs that need them to secure the players in their zone/academy, those picks take on greater value. This particularly relates to later picks as they hold draft points value that, packaged up, may hold better value in order to get the zone player.

This makes Gold Coast’s rejection of the offer all the more mind boggling and just inexplicable really.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I would not be basing any pick trading this year on the assumption of a Papley deal next year.
Who knows what will happen between now and then.
We traded down from 4 to 9 on the basis we'd me hooking a big fish this year.
Yes we have Stocker.
However pick 4 might have created opportunities that 9 cannot and would be a better card to play on draft night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:26 pm 
Bert Deacon

p9 get the best quickest /strongest player we can,dont worry about next year draft ,cause who knows wat the future brings.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jamespul65 wrote:
p9 get the best quickest /strongest player we can,dont worry about next year draft ,cause who knows wat the future brings.

Yeah that, or do a complete pick swap with someone like Geelong and have 4 picks in top 40.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 118  Next