Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

Click bait Cornes -one of the dumbest people commentating on football and that is a huge call given you have Richo BT Campbell Brown Billy Brownless Wayne Carey Hodgey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Click bait Cornes -one of the dumbest people commentating on football and that is a huge call given you have Luke Darcy Richo BT Campbell Brown Billy Brownless Wayne Carey Hodgey

Edited for accuracy

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Kennedy would be close to 50% attendance rate at centre bounces, so he's not short of opportunities.

Setterfield would be the one to absorb those midfield rotations into his own tally, so the 'organic' replacement for Kennedy would be Charlie, McGovern, Jack or Kemp across half forward.

That being the case, can we really afford to let him go?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Newnes is not such a good player.

Only two-and-a-half hours after that kick. You are one ruthless mofo. :D

Not at all.

What did he do during the actual game. Nothing.

Did he earn the kick. No.

Should he even have taken the kick. No.

Was it a great kick. Big YES.

Replace him with Dow or O'Brien.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:26 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Newnes is not such a good player.

Only two-and-a-half hours after that kick. You are one ruthless mofo. :D

Not at all.

What did he do during the actual game. Nothing.

Did he earn the kick. No.

Should he even have taken the kick. No.

Was it a great kick. Big YES.

Replace him with Dow or O'Brien.

He is a steady as she goes player.
I like him better down back. Replace him with SPS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:57 am 
Ken Hunter

I think Newnes is a solid utility who deserves his spot for his consistency, strong body and kicking skills; in any case, no coach in the world would drop a guy who made that shot. He'll be riding high, you don't crush a player's spirit like that, sends the completely wrong message.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:32 pm 
Bert Deacon

regarding plowman ,i listen to a interview on 3 andrew walker and he said prefers backman to be strong,quick/aerobility and tall ,does LP tick any of those boxes.(matthew scarlett)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Click bait Cornes -one of the dumbest people commentating on football and that is a huge call given you have Luke Darcy Richo BT Campbell Brown Billy Brownless Wayne Carey Hodgey

Edited for accuracy

:wink:

Well done Agro :thumbsup:

Suck of the highest order.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Via BF
The Old Dark Navy's, post: 66492708, member: 467 wrote:

Okay folks. Feast your eyes on this lot for some conversation points. Quite a few things we would have guessed ourselves, and a few other things we may not have.

Sent to me from someone who wishes to remain anonymous due to the board's liking for feasting on the corpse of rumour bringers. My words, not theirs.

I vouch for nothing but it's discussion worthy ... Just not in this thread you repeat offenders.

- Jack Martin absolutely loves everything about Carlton. Has never been happier in his football career. Says it is the best decision he has ever made.

- Stocker went home for personal reasons not disciplinary. Club is very excited about what he brings but are making him earn his spot.

- The Club will let Simmo decide if he wants to play on or not. They will not push him out.

- Eddie will retire if we get Papley. Will play on if we don't. Papley is still in play for us.

- Murphy and Kruezer will play next year.

- Ben Silvagni is seen as a slow burn. Could be something. Just needs time.

- Polson will play this year in the backline. Club is bullish that he has found his spot.

- Club still can't believe we got Kemp so late. Will be best 22 next season.

- Club thinks Josh Kelly is gettable. We will try to bring in more First Rounders via trade.

- Geelong has 3 Firsts which we are trying to get one. Paddy Dow's name has been thrown up with Marchbank. Constable involved as well.

- The other first rounder is GWS's which Adelaide have. If Adelaide get Pick 2 compo for Crouch then it is on the table.

The deal would involve Freo players from SA and SPS going home to WA.

- Other players that we have spoken to:

B McKay (Well Harry has)

B Crouch

T Viney

C Blakely

J Caldwell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:39 am 
John Nicholls

Can't see SPS going anywhere tbh.

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:44 am 
Wayne Johnston

I would be very disappointed if we lost Dow, SPS or Marchbank.

I also can’t see how we can fit Kruezer into the list next year.

Pretty happy with all the rest...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:55 am 
Ken Hunter

We would be absolutely crazy trading these 3. Every single one of them brings something we need and require long term. Can't see it personally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jezzarules wrote:
Via BF

Okay folks. Feast your eyes on this lot for some conversation points. Quite a few things we would have guessed ourselves, and a few other things we may not have.

Sent to me from someone who wishes to remain anonymous due to the board's liking for feasting on the corpse of rumour bringers. My words, not theirs.

I vouch for nothing but it's discussion worthy ... Just not in this thread you repeat offenders.

- Jack Martin absolutely loves everything about Carlton. Has never been happier in his football career. Says it is the best decision he has ever made.

- Stocker went home for personal reasons not disciplinary. Club is very excited about what he brings but are making him earn his spot.

- The Club will let Simmo decide if he wants to play on or not. They will not push him out.

- Eddie will retire if we get Papley. Will play on if we don't. Papley is still in play for us.

- Polson will play this year in the backline. Club is bullish that he has found his spot.

- Club thinks Josh Kelly is gettable. We will try to bring in more First Rounders via trade.

- Geelong has 3 Firsts which we are trying to get one. Paddy Dow's name has been thrown up with Marchbank. Constable involved as well.

- The other first rounder is GWS's which Adelaide have. If Adelaide get Pick 2 compo for Crouch then it is on the table.

B McKay (Well Harry has)

B Crouch

T Viney

C Blakely

J Caldwell

Thanks Jezza.

Fascinating and Im 100% that the above has taken place and more.
This is the year for targeting some A & B Grde players.

Want Papley ... isn't it interesting Carlton are keen on Adelaide's (GWS) and Geelong's First round picks when they have built a list of 1st & 2nd round draftees and still have their own 2020 and 2021 first round picks to Trade.

I don't want to lose Dow to Cats, but Constable, from the same draft and similar age, and named Rising star last year for his 31 possession game, makes my eyes prick up, and prick up

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/691042/how-constable-plans-to-elevate-his-game

He's done his apprenticeship in the Cats program learning his trade playing against Danger Selwood and Ablett.

With Stocker and Kemp on our list, and Philp and Honey too who look like they will make it, then perhaps Dow, as Pick 3 in the Draft is attractive to Cats and perhaps excess for us.

As I posted this week, we have to accept SOS model is to stock up with high draft picks then trade the excess of quality players for players who fill needs.

Constable is a 6' 3" midfielder, like Kemp. I don't think Kennedy is going to like this, but Carlton might.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
I would be very disappointed if we lost Dow, SPS or Marchbank.

I also can’t see how we can fit Kruezer into the list next year.

Pretty happy with all the rest...

I don't want to lose either of them.

Of the 3, I really don't want to lose Marchbank .... but there's a Big Picture at play with List Manager, so I will leave that to them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Via BF

B McKay (Well Harry has)

B Crouch

T Viney

C Blakely

J Caldwell

Thanks Jezza.

Fascinating and Im 100% that the above has taken place and more.
This is the year for targeting some A & B Grde players.

Want Papley ... isn't it interesting Carlton are keen on Adelaide's (GWS) and Geelong's First round picks when they have built a list of 1st & 2nd round draftees and still have their own 2020 and 2021 first round picks to Trade.

I don't want to lose Dow to Cats, but Constable, from the same draft and similar age, and named Rising star last year for his 31 possession game, makes my eyes prick up, and prick up

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/691042/how-constable-plans-to-elevate-his-game

He's done his apprenticeship in the Cats program learning his trade playing against Danger Selwood and Ablett.

With Stocker and Kemp on our list, and Philp and Honey too who look like they will make it, then perhaps Dow, as Pick 3 in the Draft is attractive to Cats and perhaps excess for us.

As I posted this week, we have to accept SOS model is to stock up with high draft picks then trade the excess of quality players for players who fill needs.

Constable is a 6' 3" midfielder, big bodied/tall mid like Kemp and Setterfield. I don't think Kennedy is going to like this, but Carlton might.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Not interested in Todd Viney.
We have another small mid like him in Gibbons.

I think they are both too small for Teague's Team Defense as they get caught out with mismatches.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wines not mentioned.

I guess with Wines' interview yesterday, he tried to squash any speculation he is thinking of leaving Port.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 pm 
Robert Walls

I assume the T Viney listed as a player we've talked to is Jack Viney. Todd's probably a bit old...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Keeping Murph Kreuzer Simmo and trading SPS Dow Marchbank ????

:screwy:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Interesting to see the names and comments on this report

[https://www.afl.com.au/news/459379/will-he-ever-get-picked-10-players-mysteriously-on-the-outer][/url]

Quote:
Connor Blakely (Fremantle)
Was a first-choice selection last year under Ross Lyon when he overcame a significant hamstring injury to start the season. But is yet to be selected in 2020 and has been an emergency for all three weeks in the Gold Coast hub under new coach Justin Longmuir. The 24-year-old only signed a new contract until the end of 2022 last July.

.... another big bodied mid.

Behind smaller bodied mids Cerra, Brayshaw, Sarong who big bodied mids like Fyfe has made way for to gain experience, and supported by another first choce big bodied mid in Mundy who has at least another season left in him next year as a big bodied mid.

Dunno what to make of him. I now nothing about his hamstring injury last year, and he's never caught my attention ... whilst Freo have been down the bottom of the ladder.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 118  Next