Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 am 
Robert Walls

They are just rumours at the end of the day. One side of a story at a point in time. Nobody forces you to believe them and if you do always add your own scepticism based on a sanity check.

B70 to me is the best gauge. Was never sure on Shiel, same on Coniglio. Doesn’t post hogwash. He gets a lot right. Like he knew Deluca was as on thin ice a while back.

He was very certain on Papley, so it was a surprise it didn’t get done. But he generally gets it pretty spot on with injuries, trades, inside knowledge.

No one forces you to read it or believe it. It’s pretty easy to skim past, just like any of keogh’s posts.

Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:57 am 
Trevor Keogh

It is like the news -- you trust some sources and you are skeptical of others. Thank god for B70, Ockhams Razor, Deano35, etc. They may not always get it right but that's because the things they post about are based on probability and probabilities don't always come to fruition. I, for one, given there is no one where I live to mine information from, am grateful that these forums keep me in the loop as best as any supporter can be. For those looking to shoot the messengers, as others have said, just ignore while the rest of us can enjoy reading their posts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:59 am 
Bruce Doull

Crusader wrote:
High praise from the chief copy-paster.

90%... good numbers after going for a bath.

There's a very good reason I'll only "chief copy-paste" from a certain few and not every schmo who appears from nowhere claiming to know something the rest don't know. It's because 90% of the time what they're passing on is at least very close to what transpires.

Situations change and even those on the inside get things wrong occasionally. I recommend learning to deal with it or better yet, ignore them altogether if you think they're so full of it.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:11 am 
Craig Bradley

I for one are happy Don updates us from the other site thanks Don
As for the ITK posters in my view they have a good track record but the trade period machinations are always fluid so sometimes the info is correct on one day and not on others

Deano and OR have got great track records in getting insider info before it is released to the market and more than happy to hear what they have heard on the grapevine that the can share with us

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:24 am 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
As for the ITK posters in my view they have a good track record but the trade period machinations are always fluid so sometimes the info is correct on one day and not on others

Deano and OR have got great track records in getting insider info before it is released to the market and more than happy to hear what they have heard on the grapevine that the can share with us

Great post Frank. Don - keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:31 am 
Ken Hunter

wow such anger by some.

Its is information but not truth if you are too dumb to see the difference then don;t read. The rest of us enjoy their news, understand things are not set in concrete and await the outcomes with hope.

i for one am not surprised if things don't happen, facts only exits after the fact....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Great post Frank. Don - keep up the good work!

Ditto

Ditto

Thanks Don. Keep up the good work.
Great service looking out for all Bluebaggers.

We are all on the same side.
We all have opinions, and some have inside knowledge.
Altogether makes our ccommunity the richest and most feared in the land

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Crusader wrote:
It’s not news. It’s misinformation.

Whenever realism found its way into the conversation, along came the usual suspects with their assurances that everything was in hand. Done deal, expect the announcement this arvo.

Just shows we’re a stupid lot, queuing up for snake oil.

We used to be better.

Just let it go, mate.
We nuffies have to accept our position on the status ladder.

I missed this post, and just went straight to latest.

Why take these things so personally?

It is information. Period.
No one is having a go at either of you.
Can't say its not the other way around.

Nothing to do with sake oil.
Why make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Nice to know about ANY rumblings going on in the background about MY club.

Eg. 2 months ago, there were rumblings going on in the Swans camp re Longmire, Contracts, Papley situation....
Then there was some whispers from ITK posters from Carlton websites.
It gave the topic some more cred and FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

That's all it is.
Stuff to pass the time away and take off ones mind from the everyday boring, mundane, and inescapable facts.
I'd rather be discussing Carlton with any Bluebagger, keogh included, than have to read "one way traffic" from afl.com and Herald sun which is made up bullshit in the main.

Should be thankful we are all alve and passionate about Carlton.
Some things don't go our way.
I thought all Bluebaggers would have got use to that over the last 20 years.
That's life. There are no guarantees.

Wewill be discussing Papley and wines again, over and over till the close of the next Trade period.
Nothing wrong with that. Its what forums are about....a release from the everyday main stream media.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We were told the Betts transfer was a future 4th instead of an earlier pick as reported by the media.
We were told about the Wines approach well before the media were onto it.
I'm sure that if you asked Silvagni about the Martin trade until the final hour, he would have told you it was a formality. Situations changes but we received plenty of accurate tidbits before they transpired.

Personally I'm happy to receive bits of info before they become public knowledge. But I also understand the situation is fluid and outcomes can change. Expecting 100% certainty before trades are finalised is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I’m all for the adage where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Papley looked for all intents and purposes it was happening- especially when we engineered a pick swap with Sydney so they could trade for Lewis Taylor.

I would suggest that Sydney have a bit to answer for with regards to the Papley Trade, and that we’ll visit ing this again come Trade Period 2020.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
It’s not news. It’s misinformation.

Whenever realism found its way into the conversation, along came the usual suspects with their assurances that everything was in hand. Done deal, expect the announcement this arvo.

Just shows we’re a stupid lot, queuing up for snake oil.

We used to be better.

Don’t shoot the messenger

These people are as passionate as you simply contributing.

Take responsibility for choosing to be stupid (as you put it), queuing up for snake oil.....does it matter whether you used to be better?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 am 
Harry Vallence

They don't know everything (no one can) but they know metric shit tons more than I do. Thanks for the inside info, like all info you take it with a a grain or an entire shaker of salt depending on your own levels of skepticism. As an interstate member I feel much closer to the club and more connected by reading what the ITK's find out, long before the bickering nuffies on Facebook are even in the same galaxy.

It's not always gonna be certain, but it's more than what I know firsthand.

Cheers gents, keep up the info, anyone who wants to be an ungrateful bastard has even more miseries gong on in their lives I'm sure so pay no mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:47 am 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
wow such anger by some.

Its is information but not truth if you are too dumb to see the difference then don;t read. The rest of us enjoy their news, understand things are not set in concrete and await the outcomes with hope.

i for one am not surprised if things don't happen, facts only exits after the fact....

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
toddkurnski wrote:
Not sure what assurances Carlton gave Wines or Daniher. That’s a very long bow.

Keep it to Papley if that’s the argument.

Daniher isn't even on the board if Papley isn't full steam ahead. That's us, not Sydney, not Essendon**.

Papley didn't just wake up one morning and decide he was going to leave Sydney and head to Carlton.

Footy is a business, and these blokes will be equipped enough to handle a period with their tail between their legs, but we are a club that has now gone into a threepeat of trade periods, supposedly armed to the teeth, and come home with scraps.

Wanting to come to Carlton is one thing, wanting to go through the stuff around with a team that can't get the deal done is altogether different.

I don't believe that we are a team that can't get the deal done, we are a team that deals fairly.

Papley was tied to Daniher and as such, I blame Sydney as they went after him half cocked, almost as if they would take him if it was at market value rather than going even a bit overs to get a contracted player. We offered overs for papley which shows respect to a contracted players team, however you can't be reckless and I'm for one glad that SOS is not, unlike our previous list managers.

I personally believe that we have a reputation as organised club that is firm, transparent and fair in our dealings with other clubs and will increasingly be a destination club as we refine our list and can go a bit harder at our targets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:18 am 
Stephen Silvagni

The lesson to learn for both the ITK's and their followers is to not run with definitives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am 
Craig Bradley

Bingo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
wow such anger by some.

Good isn't it!

I love the highlighted line ... its a beauty and so apt for this discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wait til Moshe corrects what I will call keyboard usage errors....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

Not unusual for facts to exit in this place

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
The lesson to learn for both the ITK's and their followers is to not run with definitives.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118  Next